Digital Art Zone

1 of 15
Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name
Posted: 06 June 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08

We are aware that many of you have seen in the DAZ Store another name than yours. If you happen to continue to see on our store, If you are not “Some Other Name”... The solution is to Clear your Cache and Cookies in your internet browser, then force a refresh on the page. The problem will now be taken care of and you should never see this again.

As a reminder: This has never given you access to others account data. Your account is and has always been safe.

EDIT:  Update note: The problem our customers have been seeing in the store of “If you are not John Doe” or another customer name…has been fixed. The web team has updated the store pages so this should not be a problem any longer.

Posted: 06 June 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1802
Joined  2005-06-08
DAZ_bfurner - 06 June 2012 12:10 PM

We are aware that many of you have seen in the DAZ Store another name than yours. If you happen to continue to see on our store, If you are not “Some Other Name”... The solution is to Clear your Cache and Cookies in your internet browser, then force a refresh on the page. The problem will now be taken care of and you should never see this again.

When is “now” in “now taken care of” please — I cleared my cache a couple hours ago and got called “xxxx” twenty minutes ago.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 06 June 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31

Thanks for the update, its good to see some progress.

Posted: 06 June 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4708
Joined  2005-08-03

[size=3]Clear your Cash and Cookies

Daz already does a good job of clearing my cash, and you no can has my cookies.

However, I will try clearing my cache next time. raspberry

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 06 June 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13574
Joined  2003-10-09

Edited to replace cash with cache - and that’s pretty much what I said.

KickAir 8P - I think Blaine meant once those steps are followed, the problem is taken care of (though I’m not sure, I haven’t had this issue but I have had other issues recur after a clear out).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 06 June 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1162
Joined  2011-09-13

I just tried these steps in Safari three times in a row (first just clearing DAZ’s cookies and the cache, then clearing all website data and the cache, then doing a full reset of safari…) and upon reloading the page and again on logging in, I’ve seen three different names who are not me.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7169
Joined  2009-07-13

I find it entertaining seeing what name will come up next on my internet explorer which will not keep me logged in and has had its cookie cache eaten a few times.
oddly my Android browser keeps me logged it and remembers me!
does not worry me that much, the messed up needed products annoys me more!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2008-07-16

Counting the seconds till this is merged with another thread, effectively losing it in a mountain of semi-related concerns.

But yeah, I agree

I AM NOT xxx!!!

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30

This never bothered me.  I couldn’t get into anyone else’s account so there’s no big thing going on here.

I can’t remember my own name most of the time anyhow, so I guess it doesn’t faze me…

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
Sockratease - 06 June 2012 01:20 PM

This never bothered me.  I couldn’t get into anyone else’s account so there’s no big thing going on here.

I can’t remember my own name most of the time anyhow, so I guess it doesn’t faze me…

The only reason I remeber my name is due to everyone screaming for me day-in and day-out.  grin

As far as the “Not xxx” issue goes, I cleared my cache and cookies when I saw that Varnish was involved in the first few days.  I spent too many years programming Amigas and seeing “Guru Meditation” sends shivers down my spine.  EDIT:  I’ve not had the problem since.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, I’m no longer seeing someone else’s name, after clearing all cache and cookies, but I am still being shown as apparently logged into the wrong account, as far as the wishlist is concerned.  Hard refresh just doesn’t seem to make any difference…...the problem must lie in the cache on your own servers.  I know we are not allowed to access anyone else’s account in reality, but it is disconcerting and annoying to keep seeing someone else’s wishlist and recent browsing history, even if you no longer see a different name.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 06 June 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1724
Joined  2012-04-14

Ditto. Exact same problem. Cache clearing has no effect.

Posted: 06 June 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4757
Joined  2011-10-04

I haven’t seen someone else’s name for a while, but yes, random wishlist is kinda problem to me too.

...on the other hand, some of the things I’ve seen have inspired me to click and see what someone else has wishlisted, so I can then find out if I want it too. But I’m sure that’ll get licked since the random name apparently is under control now.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1162
Joined  2011-09-13
KickAir 8P - 06 June 2012 12:20 PM

When is “now” in “now taken care of” please — I cleared my cache a couple hours ago and got called xxx twenty minutes ago.

I was also getting xxx pretty consistently on the New Releases page even after clearing. After clearing yet again, I’m just getting a wrong wish list. As others noted previously, it really varies by where I am in the store.

The DAZ3D homepage was showing me my own name and wish list, but now after the latest cache cookie clearing and reload, is not correct. In certain places where it shows no name at all, I’m guessing that’s because of how recently I logged in (it needs to partially log me out before it starts asking me if I’m not so and so, is that accurate?) The top level Sales and Promotions page shows no place for a name even when not recently re-logged in, but shows wrong wish list, so that is still not right. Drilling further into Sales and Promotions to Genesis Supersuit, shows me no name, but the *correct* number of wish list items, so that one seems right at least to me at this moment.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2267
Joined  2003-12-06

The solution is to Clear your Cache and Cookies in your internet browser, then force a refresh on the page

I already did this as soon as the new store first showed up, and I do a force-refresh several dozen times per session in a mostly vain attempt to view a current store page with all new stuff on it. I still regularly see the “not someone else” link. Do I need to clear cache and cookies again?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4757
Joined  2011-10-04
SpottedKitty - 06 June 2012 03:04 PM

I already did this as soon as the new store first showed up, and I do a force-refresh several dozen times per session in a mostly vain attempt to view a current store page with all new stuff on it. I still regularly see the “not someone else” link. Do I need to clear cache and cookies again?

I would do that. My browser (which tends to be on for days at stretch, since it handles my Twitter, IRC and other things) is set to clear stuff (cache, unwanted cookies) when I do close it, and I apparently haven’t had that many problems with the shop/forum unlike some other users. So, yeah. Do that unless you have some really burning reason not to (such as being on dial-up).

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

1 of 15