Digital Art Zone

5 of 47
Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 07 June 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2010-02-05

I may be oversimplifying things… but can’t they put the old site back up while they fix the new site behind the scenes?

Posted: 07 June 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4786
Joined  2011-10-04
ragaray - 07 June 2012 09:11 AM

I may be oversimplifying things… but can’t they put the old site back up while they fix the new site behind the scenes?

Because the underlying database is different from what the old site needs.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-04-11

I think I am not seen as a PC member or I don’t see where it is mentionned ...and when I am trying to make a bug report to https://bugs.daz3d.com/  my loggin is not recognized ....
How pitiful for people like me whose native language is not English !!!!

Posted: 07 June 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4786
Joined  2011-10-04

You need to create a new account for bugs system. It is a separate system from the store and forums.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2010-04-11

Thanks, I have created a new account and now I am waiting for the validation email ... rofl ...

Posted: 07 June 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16423
Joined  2003-10-09

I didn’t think that you needed verifiacation for opening a bug tracker account.

Normally only new accounts with Daz3D itself need verifying.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 June 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2010-04-11

I created a new account (signup for a new account), they just asked me for an username and my email address and there was written :

“On completion of this form and verification of your answers, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you specified.
Using the confirmation e-mail, you will be able to activate your account. If you fail to activate your account within seven days, it will be purged.
You must specify a valid e-mail address in order to receive the account confirmation e-mail.”

Of course, I never received an email and of course when I want to loggin they ask me a password I have never given or be given.

So, thanks for your replies but I gave up and I will wait 15 days to see if the website is working at last and no longer loose my time with all those delirious bugs grin)

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7820
Joined  2006-03-19

I don’t remember doing that when I did my account, but maybe they changed it. Its been about 5 years since I signed up.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
legolie - 07 June 2012 10:56 AM

I created a new account (signup for a new account), they just asked me for an username and my email address and there was written :

“On completion of this form and verification of your answers, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you specified.
Using the confirmation e-mail, you will be able to activate your account. If you fail to activate your account within seven days, it will be purged.
You must specify a valid e-mail address in order to receive the account confirmation e-mail.”

Of course, I never received an email and of course when I want to loggin they ask me a password I have never given or be given.

So, thanks for your replies but I gave up and I will wait 15 days to see if the website is working at last and no longer loose my time with all those delirious bugs grin)

We have verified that this is indeed what happens. What we don’t know is why you are not receiving an email for verification.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-01-10

I cannot login in the “bug link”...sorry but the old site was better…
Now my account is blocked or not?

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7820
Joined  2006-03-19

The bug tracker isn’t attached to DAZ website. You have to sign up for an account.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2006-07-27

My account isn’t showing that I’m a platinum member but the items prices reflect that I am and I saw this morning that my auto payment was taken out. I only get regular newsletters, no longer any platinum only. When trying to complete a bug report there was no choices that related to this issue only software and crashes and such. I have been holding on to part of a gift certificate to use in combination with the promised $6 coupon but I have almost given up waiting for that to come true.  Oh, well, I understand any changes can come with difficulties but this has been worse than I thought it would be.  I am waiting to see if all this is worth the trouble in the end before I make up my mind whether to stay a member.  In the short time I have been a member, I have enjoyed all that came with that membership, too bad that most of the perks have been changed.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_10.png

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2006-05-04
hamstergirl4444 - 06 June 2012 11:19 PM

HEAR HEAR, to ALL that has been said :(

But Content Paradise lost my business when they made all their store changes and killed off their forum.

Yeah, I was spending about half my 3D budget at CP, then they killed their club and forums and I left.  I buy there once or twice a year now. 

I’m a Poser user, which means that as the Daz and Smith Micro products head in differing directions, PC membership offers me less of interest than it used to anyway.

I can only afford one “club” and I’d hate to go to Rendo’s Prime after explaining how much better the PC membership benefits were than Primes - about a week before Daz blew everything up…

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09
dollmommy - 07 June 2012 12:05 PM

I am waiting to see if all this is worth the trouble in the end before I make up my mind whether to stay a member.

The really bad part for me, now, is that, depending on how it looks here at the end of July, I have to make a decision whether to keep using Genesis, or admit it was a wasted investment and move back to V4 on account of the future of the whole thing being absolutely uncertain.

I have no doubt someone will pick up the crate of IP if DAZ folds as a result of all this, which is seeming more likely by the hour… what’s of concern is whether they’ll decide to continue Genesis and DAZStudio, or that there needs to be a complete refocus on Poser at the expense of that. I’ve managed to make a lot of V4 and even V3 stuff work with Genesis, so I can in some ways have my cake and eat it to, but on the other hand, what would be the point of using software and content that I’d eventually be forced to abandon anyway?

I won’t make any seriously lasting decisions until the beginning of July… but on the gripping hand, I’ll probably just delete the latest “new content” newsletter and not buy what might be useful outfits - that’s $15-30 right off the bat that DAZ3D has lost because of the problems. Too much more, and I expect to see PAs starting to jump ship.

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
dollmommy - 07 June 2012 12:05 PM

My account isn’t showing that I’m a platinum member but the items prices reflect that I am and I saw this morning that my auto payment was taken out. I only get regular newsletters, no longer any platinum only. When trying to complete a bug report there was no choices that related to this issue only software and crashes and such. I have been holding on to part of a gift certificate to use in combination with the promised $6 coupon but I have almost given up waiting for that to come true.  Oh, well, I understand any changes can come with difficulties but this has been worse than I thought it would be.  I am waiting to see if all this is worth the trouble in the end before I make up my mind whether to stay a member.  In the short time I have been a member, I have enjoyed all that came with that membership, too bad that most of the perks have been changed.

Your profile is showing you as a PC member.

Signature 

5 of 47