Digital Art Zone

34 of 47
Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 03 July 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2004-06-23

It may not be cancelled. It probably just looks as if it has been.

Posted: 03 July 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2004-12-31
Bea - 03 July 2012 05:44 PM

It may not be cancelled. It probably just looks as if it has been.

Right… that’s why I can’t get into the members forum. Or see any PC prices. etc.

Signature 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Mitchell Davidson Bentley, MA

Atomic Fly Studios • Creative Consultant
Rising Phoenix Productions • CIO
ASFA • President 2010-2014

Posted: 03 July 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-06-06

Hopefully someone from DAZ is taking the time to monitor this thread, if so I have two suggestions.

First, maybe you could start responding to help requests a little faster; taking days to respond, or as in my case, not responding at all, may not be the best business process.  I’m not necessarily suggesting that you fix every problem in days (though that would probably be the best scenario) but it would be a good idea to at least have a human, not an automated system, acknowledge receipt of the help request if it is going to take more than a few days to get to it. 

Second, if in emails you are going to reference a link where one can check the status of your help request, you should probably make sure the link works rather than having it go to a non-existent portion of an external, third-party website.

Just to be clear, my PC account is also caught in limbo, caused, I suspect by the fact that it was scheduled to renew right in the middle of this little transition of store fronts.  I’d be happy to renew, which it was supposed to do automatically but didn’t, except I’d rather not pay the initial startup premium again.  I do find getting my PC account stuck in limbo, with no apparent prospect of getting it fixed, rather irritating, likely not irritating enough to cancel it, but irritating enough to not purchase anything until it is fixed. 

So, just to play the role of “Captain Obvious”: Hey, DAZ, you do realize this whole little issue is probably costing you a s***-load in lost sales, don’t you?

Posted: 03 July 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5258
Joined  2012-04-07

Well I’m going to hope somebody from the company is reading this thread too.
You have some major problems with the subscriptions.
1. We cannot edit the payment info without cancelling the membership. According to the warning pop-up we have to repurchase the membership. The Gift CC attached to my acct is ‘empty’ ... you cannot take another payment on it. You don’t have weeks to solve this.
Now I have a vague recollection that it was written somewhere that if payments were not good, you were charging full entrance again? Considering we can’t change payment information without cancelling, I sure hope you don’t even think of charging us set up fees every month ‘cause that’s not happening. I have no idea when your auto system may or not work ... if I remember in time to check out #2.
2. What happens if we ‘suspend’ membership? I’m not clicking on that link ‘til the last day “just in case” that also doesn’t quite work as I might expect it to. I just want to cancel any auto pay nonsense and change the cc info.
3. I suppose worse scenario atm might be that one is expected to cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy .... that’s going to make for an annoying long list of subscriptions on my acct page.
4. So to recap. I’ll say we need as I’m relatively confident that I’m not the only one making purchases with cc gift cards ...
We need to be able to “edit payment information” ....
We need to be able to “pay one month at a time”.
@ anybody who cannot see the Edit/Payment History options on the right of their list of subscriptions .... the page needs to be resized smaller in your browser. Apparently it’s a fixed size and simply doesn’t do the necessary sideways scroll ... at least not in FF.

Image Attachments
Subscription1.png
Subscription2.png
 Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 04 July 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2007-10-21

Yeah, my membership got screwed up again too. I think it was my fault this time. I cancelled the bogus subscription so I wouldn’t get billed for $5.95, and that killed all the PC prices, discounts, and member forum access. All this despite having just paid the $7.95 monthly subscription a little over a week ago.  I opened a support ticket on Jun 29, but still nothing.

Signature 

RedEyeCat Freebies!

Posted: 04 July 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 501 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17134
Joined  2003-10-09
Patience55 - 03 July 2012 10:07 PM

Well I’m going to hope somebody from the company is reading this thread too.
You have some major problems with the subscriptions.
1. We cannot edit the payment info without cancelling the membership. According to the warning pop-up we have to repurchase the membership. The Gift CC attached to my acct is ‘empty’ ... you cannot take another payment on it. You don’t have weeks to solve this.
Now I have a vague recollection that it was written somewhere that if payments were not good, you were charging full entrance again? Considering we can’t change payment information without cancelling, I sure hope you don’t even think of charging us set up fees every month ‘cause that’s not happening. I have no idea when your auto system may or not work ... if I remember in time to check out #2.
2. What happens if we ‘suspend’ membership? I’m not clicking on that link ‘til the last day “just in case” that also doesn’t quite work as I might expect it to. I just want to cancel any auto pay nonsense and change the cc info.
3. I suppose worse scenario atm might be that one is expected to cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy .... that’s going to make for an annoying long list of subscriptions on my acct page.
4. So to recap. I’ll say we need as I’m relatively confident that I’m not the only one making purchases with cc gift cards ...
We need to be able to “edit payment information” ....
We need to be able to “pay one month at a time”.
@ anybody who cannot see the Edit/Payment History options on the right of their list of subscriptions .... the page needs to be resized smaller in your browser. Apparently it’s a fixed size and simply doesn’t do the necessary sideways scroll ... at least not in FF.

Some peopl;e have found that using the scroll wheel to zoom out a bit insted of zooming in, does help. However I would reccomend that no one start playing around too much until we get clear instructions and/or explanations as to what is what when multiple memberships are shown.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 July 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 502 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5258
Joined  2012-04-07

Been thinking that they should just do away with all this membership nonsense and give everybody good prices in the first place.

They obviously haven’t got the system working 100% and it’s costing them and their customers. Not a win-win scenario.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 05 July 2012 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 503 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-01-02

Anyone else have a PC voucher that isn’t working???  I got my “Dear Platinum Club member” email that had my July code in it, but the code keeps getting booted as ‘not valid’.  I’m entering it just like I did last month, only now it’s not working.
I am so tired of this it’s beyond me anymore.  It just gets my goat that they lay the responsibility on us for remembering to keep track of their ‘one time use only’ code and not forget it’s there and delete the email.  Guess that will be yet another phone call to Daz to figure out why my code doesn’t work.

Posted: 05 July 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 504 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2011-03-31
sapat - 05 July 2012 11:07 PM

Anyone else have a PC voucher that isn’t working???  I got my “Dear Platinum Club member” email that had my July code in it, but the code keeps getting booted as ‘not valid’.  I’m entering it just like I did last month, only now it’s not working.
I am so tired of this it’s beyond me anymore.  It just gets my goat that they lay the responsibility on us for remembering to keep track of their ‘one time use only’ code and not forget it’s there and delete the email.  Guess that will be yet another phone call to Daz to figure out why my code doesn’t work.

What are you trying to buy? The coupon only works on Daz Original items (items with DAZ3D as the PA). It also doesn’t work on the $1.99 items. If your trying to apply it to items that are not Daz Originals it will tell you its not valid.

Posted: 06 July 2012 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 505 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2004-07-08

I’m having problems too, I’m about ready to just give up. I know that what I’m getting is a Daz Original, so that’s not the problem.

Posted: 06 July 2012 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 506 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2011-03-31

Make sure there is no space in front of the coupon code as well. That will also throw up the not valid error.

Posted: 06 July 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 507 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17134
Joined  2003-10-09
Granny E - 06 July 2012 01:11 AM

I’m having problems too, I’m about ready to just give up. I know that what I’m getting is a Daz Original, so that’s not the problem.

Granny E I think you may need to file a support ticket, because you are not showing up as a PC member.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 06 July 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 508 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2004-07-01
Loaar - 05 July 2012 11:32 PM

What are you trying to buy? The coupon only works on Daz Original items (items with DAZ3D as the PA). It also doesn’t work on the $1.99 items. If your trying to apply it to items that are not Daz Originals it will tell you its not valid.

I don’t even bother with the vouchers anymore, my june voucher has expired and the one for july will probably get thrown in the bin too.
As long as things do not improve around here I won’t bother.
If I can’t get answers to my questions Daz won’t get my money, it’s that simple.

Posted: 06 July 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 509 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2004-07-08
chohole - 06 July 2012 04:02 AM
Granny E - 06 July 2012 01:11 AM

Granny E I think you may need to file a support ticket, because you are not showing up as a PC member.

Okay I’ll try.

Posted: 06 July 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 510 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9700
Joined  2007-11-06

ZenDesk was the victim of a DDOS attack Tuesday night, which resulted in many of their clients, including DAZ 3D, having some support tickets closed without resolution.  Check if your support ticket was closed on July 3rd—if it was and you didn’t receive an email, reopen the ticket.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

34 of 47