Digital Art Zone

25 of 47
Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 19 June 2012 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 361 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2004-12-31

So, when did the PC monthly price go to $20.97?

It says at the beginning of this thread to log a bug report, but there is no way to log one - the link goes to some Mantis thing that wants a log in, which is not my DAZ log in. I have submitted a regular sales ticket, but I am not getting any replies.

This is looking more and more like DAZ does not want to keep their loyal base.

Image Attachments
Shopping_Cart_2.jpg
 Signature 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Mitchell Davidson Bentley, MA

Atomic Fly Studios • Creative Consultant
Rising Phoenix Productions • CIO
ASFA • President 2010-2014

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
mitchman - 19 June 2012 03:05 PM

It says at the beginning of this thread to log a bug report, but there is no way to log one - the link goes to some Mantis thing that wants a log in, which is not my DAZ log in. I have submitted a regular sales ticket, but I am not getting any replies.

You don’t file bug reports for problems with sales, you send in a ticket through zendesk. You can also call if you’re in the US, they have an 800 number.

Their ticket system is currently overloaded with tons of complaints and problems. The monthly price has not gone up to 20.97 it looks as if you have the same problem as others, it sees you as being more than 30 days expired. If you can see the MO forums and the PC prices you’re covered for the moment, if not and you really want it straightened out, call… Their hours are 9 to 5 Mountain time.

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3390
Joined  2012-02-06
Sunfire - 19 June 2012 03:19 PM

You don’t file bug reports for problems with sales, you send in a ticket through zendesk. You can also call if you’re in the US, they have an 800 number.

Their ticket system is currently overloaded with tons of complaints and problems. The monthly price has not gone up to 20.97 it looks as if you have the same problem as others, it sees you as being more than 30 days expired. If you can see the MO forums and the PC prices you’re covered for the moment, if not and you really want it straightened out, call… Their hours are 9 to 5 Mountain time.

I’m “Active” and I’m seeing the same price. It’s $29.95 minus the Platinum discount, I guess. Not going to put a ticket in, though…at least not until my membership ends and I wish to extend it. Maybe the problem will be fixed by then.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13662
Joined  2003-10-09

If you are a member of the PC, or were until recently, then do not buy a new membership - you will pay more than you need, and will simply add to the amount sales have to do to fix things. If your membership lapses through failing to renew, follow the earlier isntructions on what to do; if it is showing expired but is in fact working sit tight for now.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-31
Sunfire - 19 June 2012 03:19 PM

It says quite clearly at the start of this forum thread:
“Many PC Members are not showing up as a PC Member in their account, is that across the board or could those members have an issue that needs checked into?
We need email addresses for those who are affected. The web developers believes most of these should be working now. Please log a bug ticket in our bug tracker so we can take care of it. Login here:  https://bugs.daz3d.com/  Now in the top right corner under Project, select DAZ Web Search, and then select Report an Issue. Give as much information as possible of the problem and we will dive into fixing it for you. “

Which of course, requires yet another sign up. Sigh. No wonder they are having difficulties - every little thing requires a new sign up, sign in or account. There is no way they can be effectively coordinating things this way.

Signature 

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15306
Joined  2003-10-09

mitchman Did you see what Richard posted, just above your last post.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 19 June 2012 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-31
chohole - 19 June 2012 04:22 PM

mitchman Did you see what Richard posted, just above your last post.

Yes, I shall wait. Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 20 June 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-08-24
DAZ_bfurner - 19 June 2012 11:29 AM

We have just changed the store to not charge Sales Tax in California any longer. The recent changes to the CA tax code make digital purchases not needing to collect the sales tax any longer. Great news!

Awesome!  That was hard to get used to.  In my mind, digital property (especially assets like DAZ sells) is an intangible, like labor.  Sales tax is more intended for trade of “things,” not the effort to make those things.  Now a poster, calendar, hat, t-shirt or DVD—yeah, I’ll pay tax on those things that can be made with our downloads.

Wonder who the lobbyists were trying to keep down with this tax idea…perhaps another extension of the music industry’s online crusades.

One more post…just one more…I think…

Signature 

“I fight for the Elves.”

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7535
Joined  2006-03-19

It’s just another way for states to get their money due to the increased number of things being bought on the internet. This is also why they keep upping the sales taxes on certain items. They need to make up that money somehow. It all kinda ticks me off.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I can never understand why we in the UK have to pay VAT on Utility bills.

And why VAT, which stands for Value Added Tax.  to whom is it value added. Certainly of no value to the consumer.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30

Its of value to the treasury tho… wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

true.

Signature 

Posted: 20 June 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-05-29

I’ve had enough.

I’ve requested that the money spent on my $69 platinum club membership be credited to my daz account, and that by membership be terminated.

I’m going to spend my $6000 a year somewhere else and not with Daz.

(I’m extremely angry.)

Posted: 20 June 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  388
Joined  2003-10-09
UHF - 20 June 2012 09:46 AM

I’ve had enough.

I’ve requested that the money spent on my $69 platinum club membership be credited to my daz account, and that by membership be terminated.

I’m going to spend my $6000 a year somewhere else and not with Daz.

(I’m extremely angry.)

Im slowly getting there too. I have been trying to re-activate my PC membership since the 12th as it ran out on the 10th which means I would have to pay for the time I havent had PC Membership for as it would be back dated to the 10th.

I used to always be logged into the site but now I just cant be bothered.

Sal.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/101

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
chohole - 20 June 2012 08:46 AM

I can never understand why we in the UK have to pay VAT on Utility bills.

And why VAT, which stands for Value Added Tax.  to whom is it value added. Certainly of no value to the consumer.

*puts on Economist hat*

The idea behind Value Added Tax is that there isn’t just one entity that produces things and another entity that consumes them.  The business that makes a final product for the consumer market isn’t starting with something that is worth zero and creating all the value that the final consumer pays for.  Instead, they take things that have value (e.g. raw materials, electricity), add some more value, and then sell it to the final consumer.  That business gets to subtract the cost of those things from its income and only pays taxes on the net amount, while the final consumer pays taxes on the whole thing.  So the items that the business buys are adding value to the end product.  The Value Added Tax is a tax charged whether you are using the item yourself, or using it to make a product which is then sold to others.  Without a Value Added Tax, the final consumer pays all the sales taxes while the businesses at each stage pay no sales taxes as well as no taxes on the items they consume.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

25 of 47