Digital Art Zone

3 of 47
Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 06 June 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1630
Joined  2010-09-17

I just checked mine, whats showing is two PC accounts, when this issue first started, I ended up renewing manually, and it charged me the $29.95 for the renewal, I do expect a refund of that by the way, so in my subscriptions I’m showing two active PC accounts!

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2263
Joined  2007-12-07

Just added my plea, as a private report, for the extra month - despite not getting all the PC-related issues that others seem to have had.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7482
Joined  2006-03-19

Don’t cancel one on your end. Contact CS to do it. If you do it chances are you’ll get locked out of MO.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1630
Joined  2010-09-17

Thanks Frank, I kind of figured that, I already have a support ticket in for that, but thanks for the information, as there might have been another person out there who might have made that mistake!

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7482
Joined  2006-03-19

Yeah, several people are and when they are canceling it is immediately removing their benefits, which is why I wanted to mention.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24

Let me make my thoughts even clearer.  Again, I really DO appreciate the communication.

But ALL PC members have had many issues with the store, the forums AND with PC membership issues - and annual members pay for each month’s membership as well, even if we don’t pay BY the month.  The fact that we haven’t had to deal with renewing yet does not mean we are not having a LOT of problems.  To decide that people with one PARTICULAR issue will get an extra month, but not the rest of us with the OTHER issues, seems to me rather unfair.

Non members have had issues as well, with the store and forum, but they aren’t paying to get certain benefits.  We are.

People are cancelling their memberships,  because they are upset that they are getting practically nowhere and HAVE been getting practically nowhere in the store and forums for 3 weeks now (as well as because of the extremely negative change to the PC club which was just thrown at us with little notice or discussion or input from us). 

It seems to me that good business practice would be to give EVERY SINGLE PC member an extra month of membership, because we haven’t been able to get the full benefits of our membership these last 3 weeks, and it doesn’t seem like things are anywhere near normal yet.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28

QFT… Right now, while Daz is under no obligation to oblige, it makes good sense from a Customer Service Standpoint.

This was my thoughts EXACTLY…

1) PC members are being told to submit a TICKET not a bug report in the commons. They are begin told to submit a bug report here…

2) This coupon issue, the cookie issue with the displaying of name other than the account holder, the lack of forum access, etc… is affecting all PC members. Like it or not, you have a sizable chunk of your income that you are jeopardizing by the lack of consistent information. (Keyword: Consistent…)

Suggestion: Create one Global thread and post a stickie link in all forums!!! Then you can herd the questions in to one place and not have to have to maintain 10 different threads in 10 different locations. THis will save everyone on the moderation time a lot of money in ulcer medication and a lot of time and aggravation. This will also improve your communication for your members with one Clear and Consistent message…

AKA K.I.S.S.

Keep is simple, Silly.

Simple solution that should keep you from driving your Admin team nuts. Consistent Communication will also be greatly appreciated by the membership. I’m not upset by the growing pains… They happen. I am upset by the lack of *Consistent* communication from management, for which there is a simple fix that’s win-win for most of the people involved.

(Because you know you can not please all of the people all of the time.)

Alisa Uh-Lisa - 06 June 2012 07:22 PM

Let me make my thoughts even clearer.  Again, I really DO appreciate the communication.

But ALL PC members have had many issues with the store, the forums AND with PC membership issues - and annual members pay for each month’s membership as well, even if we don’t pay BY the month.  The fact that we haven’t had to deal with renewing yet does not mean we are not having a LOT of problems.  To decide that people with one PARTICULAR issue will get an extra month, but not the rest of us with the OTHER issues, seems to me rather unfair.

Non members have had issues as well, with the store and forum, but they aren’t paying to get certain benefits.  We are.

People are cancelling their memberships,  because they are upset that they are getting practically nowhere and HAVE been getting practically nowhere in the store and forums for 3 weeks now (as well as because of the extremely negative change to the PC club which was just thrown at us with little notice or discussion or input from us). 

It seems to me that good business practice would be to give EVERY SINGLE PC member an extra month of membership, because we haven’t been able to get the full benefits of our membership these last 3 weeks, and it doesn’t seem like things are anywhere near normal yet.

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-06-07

Not to suggest that a free month would not be well received, it has really been very painful few weeks. A site, I used to visit with glee and anticipation to see what was new and maybe pick something up, I now visit with teeth clenched, waiting to see what disaster will befall today, order priced at full price, can I download that already paid for order yet, will that voucher, correction coupon, be there yet. I am not sure a month extension really covers it. Not to mention, almost everything, is harder to do now. DAZ you have taken the fun out of your site.
I do not know if anyone else is seeing this but with different browsers and the items sorted by different release dates, I see different content

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31
nealstep - 06 June 2012 09:33 PM

I do not know if anyone else is seeing this but with different browsers and the items sorted by different release dates, I see different content

I see different content depending on what what device I use (Mac Air, iPad, PC), even when all 3 are using the same browser (safari) and after all 3 have had the cache cleared etc. Using Chrome or Firefox on the mac or PC helps initially, but as soon as I login for the first time on the store the issues start again.

About 10 mins ago I logged into the forums, then logged into the store. Without being logged in, the front page was showing me First Bastions Breaking Waves and the new shirt product. After I logged in Men of Character II was the latest product shown.

Posted: 06 June 2012 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve got a ticket in asking for a refund on my effort to renew manually. I’m pretty firm now in my desire to cancel my PC membership.

1) There has been insufficient communication.
2) There has been insufficient communication.
3) The forum is still badly broken compared to the old.
4) I still haven’t heard directly on the first ticket (about the renewal) or the second (about the desire for a refund).
5) The store may be broken, but I haven’t felt like spending any money on account of everything else at this point.
6) Before my cancellation, the coupon for PC was still not forthcoming.
7) There has been insufficient communication.

I’m giving this until July. We need a firm commitment as to WHEN the problems will be fixed, and a number of them actually fixed. We need word from on high, not from a bunch of harried administrators but from the executives themselves. We need an indication of the sorts of enticements we’re going to get for sticking around through the problems.

I like the technology in DAZStudio, and I like Genesis, but I can’t make any more investment than the $150-200 I already have in Genesis given the current state of things. I’m out of patience right now. And the odds are pretty good I won’t go back to being a PC member for a good, long while. Nor am I going to “sing the praises” of software at this point.

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24
Lilliana - 06 June 2012 07:59 PM

Consistent Communication will also be greatly appreciated by the membership. I’m not upset by the growing pains… They happen. I am upset by the lack of *Consistent* communication from management, for which there is a simple fix that’s win-win for most of the people involved.

(Because you know you can not please all of the people all of the time.)

jferio - 06 June 2012 10:38 PM

1) There has been insufficient communication.
2) There has been insufficient communication.
<snip>
7) There has been insufficient communication.

hmmm…seems to be a consistent theme here, doesn’t there?
wink

I didn’t mention this issue in my post above, but it’s something I’ve also mentioned in the forums and on facebook…..that I’m FAR more bothered by the lack of consistent communication from management (not discounting the amazing job Ann and the admins and mods are doing) than the site issues….

I suspect that we’re not alone in the feeling that if this whole thing had been handled with better, consistent communication rather than a bunch of newsletters telling us about brand new shiny products that many people can’t even buy, there would be less frustration going on.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2007-11-04

HEAR HEAR, to ALL that has been said :(

I am sorry, but no matter HOW bad things were at the old site, they were better than this.  I’ve spent days away from here, in hopes of finding something, ANYTHING that’s been fixed - and it hasn’t.  My support ticket for all the problems I have had is over seven days old.  As a Californian, I’m still being taxed, which shouldn’t be happening.  Another reason I’m here right now is to find out where is the $6 coupon, I’d really like to buy something with it - oh,that’s not working either…smh….

We’re not just casual shoppers, we’ve paid for a membership and most of us LIKE to spend money.  Here.  And have been doing so for a very long time.  But we can’t utilize that membership with the store and forum in this condition, for this long.  At the very least, a free month should be given to all PC members.

I’m afraid….that this may be the end of the Daz Forum I have come to love.  This was my home dammit!!  Even if everything was working right, this forum configuration feels downright hostile. A pox on whoever had the bright idea to run with this software!!...*sigh*...I DON’T want to have to cancel my membership.  I DON’T want to have to shop elsewhere, and I’m a loyal DS user - I can’t even get Poser to run on this machine.  But Content Paradise lost my business when they made all their store changes and killed off their forum.  I’m afraid that by the time you do fix things, nobody will be left here at all.

Signature 

My DeviantART Gallery
Old Post Count 1376

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-12-16

Seriously, I think my Platinum Club membership just expired. I knew it was coming up sometimes soon, but everything’s been so nuts here, I haven’t been able to figure things out. Normally, I would have renewed it before hand. Right now, I don’t even know if there are going to be regular releases of the 1.99 items on Thursdays, if there will be the regular vouchers and the forum is such a mess and so hard to navigate that it’s a real chore to find out information.
I really want to stick with DAZ, even after the whole Genesis horror, but please, guys, give me some hope to hold on to. Please say something that can convince me that it’s going to be worth it.

Posted: 07 June 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2003-10-09

My hats off to the mods for really trying to be the glue and hold it all together here in the forums.

I am getting annoyed that management is ducking hard questions like where is the value in my non-functioning platinum savings club membership?

if you cannot operate and provide the features we paid for - THEN it is non-functioning plain and simple.
there is no “its ok because you have partial features available” - this is a fail!!

Bad Daz! Very Bad!

Signature 

RE: Software - Fast, Good, Cheap - it seems that nowadays you can only pick 2 0f the 3 and therein lies the heartache:mad:

Posted: 07 June 2012 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-03-31

filed a bug report. things aren’t as buggy for me as they were this past weekend, but I still have issues. the only way I can log onto my account and view my info and go to forums, is THROUGH my cart. Yes, I added that in the bug report. I hope everything gets resolved very soon, because I am loosing faith in DAZ and am ready to get the last couple things I REALLY wanted here, cancel my yr membership and get a refund for remaining balance, then going elsewhere. :(

Signature 

Lurking since 2007.

3 of 47