Digital Art Zone

16 of 47
Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 11 June 2012 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2005-07-09

What I don’t understand, after reading multiple threads, is am I supposed to tell someone my pc membership says expired?  and where should I tell them?  I found one post that said to do in the help system logging thing (zendesk?) and another that said to do it through the bugtracker.

I didn’t have a problem until *after* I got the email about some 1$ purchase and another email about being unsubscribed from some newsletter.

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8543
Joined  2007-11-06
Lebherz-Gelinas - 11 June 2012 06:35 PM

I come in to check on my account and it looks like it exploded.  Nothing is behaving.  I can’t even find myself in the lists. 

I’m agreeing with DWG.  This is not filling me with any warm fuzzy confidences and now I have to buy my Plat Club over again???

Maybe I’m a bit “old fashioned” but I am of the opinion that if things were working somewhat reasonably, you don’t throw a monkey with a wrench into the works.

That’s just me I guess.

I want this resolved and I want my phone call returned.  I think that only fair given all I wanted to do was make sure my Plat Club dues were taken care of.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying.  What is misbehaving and what can’t you find in what lists?

No one said you have to buy PC again.  DAZ 3D is putting $1 into your account and then buying a PC membership with it, so you will officially have it purchased on the new site.  You aren’t paying for anything.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

They know they have a lot of people who’s memberships are showing up expired. It does not mean you have to purchase them again, and they are working on them. And working on them… and working on them… and working on them… and working on them…

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2011-07-04

I come in to check on my account and it looks like it exploded.  Nothing is behaving.  I can’t even find myself in the lists. 

I’m agreeing with DWG.  This is not filling me with any warm fuzzy confidences and now I have to buy my Plat Club over again???

Maybe I’m a bit “old fashioned” but I am of the opinion that if things were working somewhat reasonably, you don’t throw a monkey with a wrench into the works.

That’s just me I guess.

I want this resolved and I want my phone call returned.  I think that only fair given all I wanted to do was make sure my Plat Club dues were taken care of.

Don’t hold your breath for a return call, last 3 times I had a problem and called I got voice message asking me to leave name and call back number but never got a returned call. Only responses I ever recieve are through the zendesk which generally takes 8 to 10 days for me to get a response. I understand they get backed up at times but why provide a call number if its gonna be ignored? one of those times I had a problem wasn’t even the one everyone else had at that time.

Posted: 11 June 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2011-04-19

Just got my Daz Coupon & have 2 weeks to use it. lol

Hope the carts are working I ordered one Item yesterday & couldn’t open it, so I had to use to tool & it down loaded in my program but it want work, posers7 keep freezing up when I tried to bring it in, so had to do another ticket on it. lol

Posted: 12 June 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  638
Joined  2005-03-08

just received an email for my PC membership purchase for $1 with a $1 credit…. and an email turning off my email subscriptions..

weird

You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 12 June 2012 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  2004-02-13
Stezza - 12 June 2012 01:02 AM

just received an email for my PC membership purchase for $1 with a $1 credit…. and an email turning off my email subscriptions..

weird

You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.

That is the fix being put through. If you see that it should mean your PC Membership is now working correctly even though it seems an odd solution to it. If you have NOT seen this yet, it means they have not gotten to your account yet. When they are all done I will let everyone know and if at that time your account is still not working correctly then that is when it may be time to put in a ticket. Hope that helps. smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  456
Joined  2003-10-09
Alethas Fantasy - 11 June 2012 07:14 PM

Hope the carts are working I ordered one Item yesterday & couldn’t open it, so I had to use to tool & it down loaded in my program but it want work, posers7 keep freezing up when I tried to bring it in, so had to do another ticket on it. lol

At least you got yours. I’m still waiting for my $6 and it’s been 2 weeks already since the 1st of the month. Shouldnt they have tested this software before going live with it???

David

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2363
Joined  2007-12-07
GRFK DSGN Unlimited - 12 June 2012 06:35 AM

At least you got yours. I’m still waiting for my $6 and it’s been 2 weeks already since the 1st of the month. Shouldnt they have tested this software before going live with it???

David

I’m in the same boat as you, David.  Have you received any of the PC newsletters?  I do not think I have, yet am an annual PC member (expired) until May 2013.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2007-10-30

David

WOW! I guess I must have gotten yours. I got the PC coupon code email and I’m not even a PC member

Charlie

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5779
Joined  2006-02-20

David

If you don’t get the mail it doesn’t matter - nowadays they add the coupon code in a sticky in the Platinum Club:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1934/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 12 June 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14054
Joined  2003-10-09

I think you get unsubscribed as you temporarily leave the PC, and so wouldn’t get the PC Newsletter.  Or at least, that has a certain appearance of logic to it.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 12 June 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3522
Joined  2012-02-06
Richard Haseltine - 12 June 2012 07:55 AM

I think you get unsubscribed as you temporarily leave the PC, and so wouldn’t get the PC Newsletter.  Or at least, that has a certain appearance of logic to it.

That does make some sense, but I think there’s something else going on. I haven’t had the $1 thing happen (my account is “active” so I’m not sure whether to expect it or not) but when a ticket I had submitted was resolved, and store credit issued to me because of that, I got an e-mail that I had unsubscribed from the newsletter. So maybe it’s linked to the issuance of credit somehow?

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 12 June 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-02-21
fixmypcmike - 11 June 2012 06:41 PM

That’s just me I guess.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying.  What is misbehaving and what can’t you find in what lists?

No one said you have to buy PC again.  DAZ 3D is putting $1 into your account and then buying a PC membership with it, so you will officially have it purchased on the new site.  You aren’t paying for anything.

My credit card was deleted so I had to reenter that.  Then I find I have been dropped from the Platinum Club subscription back on the 9th and nothing in the emails about that and no wonder… I had my newsletters and notices unsubscribed.  Funny, I know I didn’t do that.

It’s a good thing another 3D artist told me to check my account.  Had I not, I would have missed out on this flop and twitch where everyone is knocked back to zero posts, no avatars are available, the galleries are gone, and even the skins on our pages are not customizable.  And that’s just the top of what sounds like a pretty botched system.

Oh, that list I was referring to was the members list.  I’ve been a member since 2006.  Wait… All my prior posts were deleted and I got knocked back to zero.  I’m a newb all over again… Joy and rapture.  NOT!

If it wasn’t broke, why go to the trouble of “fixing” it?  Now it’s broke and it sounds like there are more glitches. hmmm

Back in the day when I actually bothered with website development, I used a set of developmental servers to test my site before unleashing it upon the world.  I could find my problems before they cascaded into disaster.  I see that is not the tack taken by DAZ of late. mad

Yes, I’m annoyed.  As I said, I’ve been a member since 2006 and the site was fine.  I could find what I needed and all was well with the universe.  I guess someone was bored to death in marketing and web design and just had to put a finger into the works. angry

Oh look!  Let’s play with this new and untested website format and really tweak the members with new glitches and dropped data from their accounts!  It’ll be tons of fun.  Really! 

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

Posted: 12 June 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19

Okay, I’m now utterly confused as to whether my PC membership has an issue or not.

Clearly I can post here, I’m also seeing PC items priced at $1.99, while with other items I take it ‘Special Price’ represents the PC discount.

OTOH, my subscription status (see below) shows ‘Status = Expired’. Is that a problem or not?

Image Attachments
PC_Status.jpg

16 of 47