15 of 47
Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals
Posted: 11 June 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
IanzThingz - 11 June 2012 07:43 AM

Are there enough lifeboats…. wink

No, but I think we’ve got a canoe without a paddle somewhere around here….

Posted: 11 June 2012 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
DWG - 11 June 2012 09:46 AM
IanzThingz - 11 June 2012 07:43 AM

Are there enough lifeboats…. wink

No, but I think we’ve got a canoe without a paddle somewhere around here….

Is that up by the creek? wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 11 June 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2008-04-30
Richard Haseltine - 11 June 2012 05:55 AM

I would imagine that the coupon will be like the ones on the old store - it will have to be activated on your account before you can use it, and once used it will be cancelled. That way it won’t matter where it’s published.

JoelleD - it looks as if you are a PC member - $20.97 is the usual start up price less PC discount, so that bit is working. Are you seeing PC items at $1.99, and the 30% of on DAZ items that aren’t otherwise on sale?

Richard, i dont.  Other than accessing this forum is the only PC incentive im seeing.  Ive reported the issue over a week ago, and still no change on my end.

-MJ

Posted: 11 June 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2006-05-14

okay, whew, just saw that weird $1 charge on my pc subscription and was wondering what it was for! 
also, i’ve suddenly been un-subscribed from all the newsletters for some reason, so i had to go back and re-subscribe…at least they sent me an email about it….

Posted: 11 June 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

I just received an alert on my droid regarding an order confirmation email from No Reply .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) regarding Order #100038029 placed on June 11, 2012 9:35:57 AM MDT which is a renewal of my Platinum Club Annual Membership with the Subscription start of 6/11/12.  Charge was $1.00 with a store credit of $1.00.  Since I did not place this order, I assumed it was something done by DAZ.  Especially, as it came minutes after an alert regarding another email from Customer Support .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) notifying me “You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.” 

Considering I neither unsubscribed from the DAZ Newletter, nor placed an order today, AND this is the first time I’ve even visited the DAZ site today, I was rather concerned.  Even though I don’t have time for this as I’m JUST as overwhelmed (and understaffed) at work as DAZ is, I attempted to find information on the forum before calling DAZ.  It was sheer luck I stumbled across the reposting of the post by Britney Creek which I had never seen before. 

My previous renewal shows my subscription was extended to 3/31/13, so this DAZ generated order apparently extends my PC subscription an additional 3 months until 6/30/13.  But of course, I can’t be sure of anything because the DAZ site and our account information is so unreliable now.  Hopefully, DAZ has more reliable information SOMEWHERE regarding our PC subscriptions because I don’t trust anything here anymore.

Although, I appreciate most everything being done by the forum admins, the notification we would have an order generated by DAZ on our behalf should have been by email.  Given the state of the DAZ site/forums, it’s not the best place to announce that DAZ will be placing orders on our behalf. 

Seriously, given the cancelling of the Newsletter subscription which I didn’t do, followed by an order I didn’t place, I was worried site security had been compromised.

DaWaterRat - 11 June 2012 09:39 AM
DAZ_ann0314 - 09 June 2012 01:45 PM

Adding this here as well…it was added to my thread I have going in the Commons but since these things are both being discussed here I am going to post it here for those that may have missed it (Though I urge you all to bookmark this thread or subscribe to it, or just check the first post in it occasionally for the most up to date info http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/115/):

ALL THOSE HAVING PC MEMBERSHIP ISSUES, PLEASE READ:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Okay, I’ve finally seen this go through.

My PC membership was paid up through November of 2013, and now it’s listed as being through June of 2013.

I expect that they will eventually extend my membership (and for anyone else who was pre-paid up far in advance), but I’m just posting about it, to reference back to in case extending memberships gets lost in the shuffle.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 11 June 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

You have more than General Subscription available?  That’s all that is available to me.

jade monkey - 11 June 2012 11:12 AM

okay, whew, just saw that weird $1 charge on my pc subscription and was wondering what it was for! 
also, i’ve suddenly been un-subscribed from all the newsletters for some reason, so i had to go back and re-subscribe…at least they sent me an email about it….

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 11 June 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2006-05-14

no, just general subscription, but i assumed that included the PC newsletter, since they’ve both been coming….
it took me three tries to re-subscribe, though, but i’ve finally gotten an email confirming it, so we’ll see….

Posted: 11 June 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7681
Joined  2006-03-19

All I have is general subscriptions also.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 11 June 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2005-01-15
DaWaterRat - 11 June 2012 09:39 AM
DAZ_ann0314 - 09 June 2012 01:45 PM

Adding this here as well…it was added to my thread I have going in the Commons but since these things are both being discussed here I am going to post it here for those that may have missed it (Though I urge you all to bookmark this thread or subscribe to it, or just check the first post in it occasionally for the most up to date info http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/115/):

ALL THOSE HAVING PC MEMBERSHIP ISSUES, PLEASE READ:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Okay, I’ve finally seen this go through.

My PC membership was paid up through November of 2013, and now it’s listed as being through June of 2013.

I expect that they will eventually extend my membership (and for anyone else who was pre-paid up far in advance), but I’m just posting about it, to reference back to in case extending memberships gets lost in the shuffle.

Well, my ticket went in, came back ‘resolved’ but I am still expired… still good thru Nov 2013… but no extension, no credit/charge and still shows “expired”.

Signature 

State of residence:  Confusion (as in State of…)
State motto:  “A great place to live, we think, but not really sure.”
State bird:  Cuckoo. (only because the Dodo is extinct) 
State Flower: A rose cause it smells nice or poison ivy because no other state has that as a state flower.

Posted: 11 June 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  351
Joined  2004-03-03

I’m afraid I can only manage to read the forums occasionally, and for only very short periods of time, so I’ve got totally lost in this.

Before the store and forum change, I was a PC member, monthly subsciption, with the next month’s payment due some time after the change.

After the store and forum change, My subscription was showed as Expired, even though we weren’t at the date shown for the next due payment. I saw no PC prices in the store. For a few days I saw the Members Only forum in the Forum’s list and could browse to it, but then it disappeared from the forum page, and tryinhg the link to it in the Community menu I got a not authorized error message.

I opened a support ticket about it. Got a generic reply, but then after a few days my status in My subsciptions went to being active with the date of the next payment extended, However for several days after, I still had no access to the Members forum. The store pages sometimes showed PC prices, sometimes didn’t. when i went to a PC club item page, it sometimes showed the full price sometimes the 1.99, quite independently of which the listing showed. The process seemed entirely random when visting the pages for the same item on different days.

Recently the members forum reappeared and started letting me in again, and the PC prices started appearing consistently in the store. But after just a day of that, although my forum access is currently continuing along with the PC prices appearing for me in the store., Under My Subsciptions it has gone back to showing the status as Expired, with a Next Delivery of 6/23/12 and nothing under Next Payment.

I am just completely lost, and just am not able to read enough now to try to catch up. What is the situation? Am I in the same state as other members where I can expect it to be fixed? Or should I be writing yet another support ticket? And am I correct we still aren’t supposed to have our monthly 6 dollars yet, or have I missed that being sorted?

Given that i still haven’t got part of the one thing I’ve bought since the store change, over two weeks since I bought it and despite numerous exchanges with support I’m really inclined to give up on the DAZ store amd forums completely, at least for a month or two. I’ve seen websites have a few glitches after a major change before, but I never imagined a web based business could possibly mess up even a fraction as badly and totally as DAZ have; and I never imagined it would take them so long to sort it out if they did.

Posted: 11 June 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8694
Joined  2007-11-06

David, I know it’s hard for you to spend a long time at the computer, so I’ll try to summarize in brief my understanding of the situation:

It seems to clear up most of the problems if the PC Membership is bought on the new site, so DAZ 3D is giving PC members $1 in store credit and buying a PC Membership for $1.  They’re working their way through the entire membership, so it’ll take some time to do everyone.  I would wait until that happens and see if that resolves the problem.

When that happens you may get an email that you’ve been unsubscribed from the newsletters.  If you do, you can check your account to see if you were resubscribed, and resubscribe if you weren’t.

The coupons they’ve tried haven’t worked for a lot of people, so they’re holding off on the PC coupons until they resolve the problems.

ETA:  What is the problem with content you’re having?  I got one product with an incorrect download (two copies of the Poser installers instead of 1 Poser and 1 DS).

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2011-04-19

I just got the Platinum Club news letter there is nothen in there about a code just tiring to sell more stuff instead of fixing the mess they already have!

I got nothen for my last month on May 16 monthly payment & in 5 days they will be taking out another payment plus tax, I never got no 1.00 for a free month.

This is getting no it already is old.
I’m paying for nothen! but a big head ack. :(

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2003-10-09

I just received a canned reply that the problem is resolved but I am still expired.  Now I’m really upset.  It would have been better to not get an answer at all on the support ticket rather than some stupid response that it is resolved when it is not.

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
fixmypcmike - 11 June 2012 02:51 PM

When that happens you may get an email that you’ve been unsubscribed from the newsletters.  If you do, you can check your account to see if you were resubscribed, and resubscribe if you weren’t.

That’s really not the kind of comment to fill me with confidence that people understand what they are doing!

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-02-21

I come in to check on my account and it looks like it exploded.  Nothing is behaving.  I can’t even find myself in the lists. 

I’m agreeing with DWG.  This is not filling me with any warm fuzzy confidences and now I have to buy my Plat Club over again???

Maybe I’m a bit “old fashioned” but I am of the opinion that if things were working somewhat reasonably, you don’t throw a monkey with a wrench into the works.

That’s just me I guess.

I want this resolved and I want my phone call returned.  I think that only fair given all I wanted to do was make sure my Plat Club dues were taken care of.

15 of 47