Digital Art Zone

1 of 6
Daz Vendors - listen closely
Posted: 22 January 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-12-13

Daz, listen closely, because not listening is costing you (literally).

I spend more money elsewhere, because certain other sites do a much better job of communicating and managing sales.

Monday, I saw some items on sale here, put them in my cart, and didn’t think to look at the sale closing date.  After all whoever heard of a sale that ends on Monday?  I naturally assumed - like any normal person - that if it was on sale on Monday, it would have to be on sale Tuesday as well.  Did your website say that somewhere?  Maybe.  Was it in email?  Quite possibly.  But none of that matters.  As a business, you need to conduct yourself in a way that appeals to your customers.  There is enormous research behind sales and consumer spending psychology, and retail stores follow certain established sales promotion cycles for a reason. 

Anyway, back to my story, lo and behold, come Tuesday when I logged in to complete my purchase, the sale was off.

Now Daz won’t see my money.  And it isn’t just this sale.  You guys do this kind of thing all the time, and I end up not spending money with you because my utter frustration.

You need some consistency to your sales cycle, and I’d suggest you start by looking at what retail does because there is enormous research behind their methodology.  I would love to see Daz normalize its special promotions cycles a bit so your regular customers have some kind of idea what to expect.  I will probably spend more money with you once you do, because I won’t feel like I’m playing some kind of shell game about when the sale ends.

I hope that I did not come across harshly.  I do not mean to.  I am just frustrated to have had this happen to me several times now and it makes me want to shop elsewhere.  Thanks for listening.

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4542
Joined  2004-08-11

They still don’t put the sale end date on the product page.  That totally sucks for everyone, including the merchants.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

Please change the heading on your post.

This is something the Daz vendors have zero control over. You are talking to Daz, not the vendors.

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  862
Joined  2005-11-06

Funny, I never have an issue knowing when the sales end and what’s even funnier is they sometimes go on longer past the time specified. Give me 7 one day sales over 1 sale that lasts the whole week. Now that you know what to expect, shouldn’t be an issue.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1017
Joined  2003-10-09

I ditto wanting the end date on the product pages.

But I love the one day sales. Well, sorta anyway. That means I have an excuse to drop by the store every day.

Posted: 22 January 2013 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31

Me thinks all stores should drop all sales completely and lower the prices in general, instead.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 22 January 2013 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2008-04-09

I personally would like to see more vendor specials.  Seems like every sale or promo is just “30% off DAZ Originals”.  Trust me, I’ve gone through the DOs and there’s just not that much I want, even at sale prices.

Posted: 22 January 2013 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2005-12-31

PA products sales dates generally run two weeks from the day the product was released. In other words if the product comes out on Tuesday the sale will end two weeks from that date. I suppose the product intro sale could be set up to end on Sundays but the odds are high that would simply shorten the sales.

Posted: 22 January 2013 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2003-10-09
technonaut - 22 January 2013 07:32 PM

I spend more money elsewhere, because certain other sites do a much better job of communicating and managing sales

RAMWolff - 22 January 2013 08:20 PM

They still don’t put the sale end date on the product page.  That totally sucks for everyone, including the merchants.

Agreed.

I hate to say it, but a lack of clear or enough communication has always been a flaw DAZ suffers from. They don’t always get it wrong, but a bit too often important or vital information is missing in their product documentation, sales promotions, etc. I would very much like to encourage DAZ to continue to work on improving their communications in this regard.

Best regards.

Signature 

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett (1906-1989)

Posted: 23 January 2013 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2008-07-04

Daz also doesn’t seem to realize that people more often than not get paid in two week pay cycles, with most people having money in the bank on Friday or if they have to cash a check on Saturday. I’ve seen them do sale after sale at the exact time when most people including myself are broke and then end the sale once I have cash in my account.

Signature 

WWW.OCTOBERCOMICS.COM

Superhero comics and an Actual Play Podcast!

Posted: 23 January 2013 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2861
Joined  2004-04-14

I would love to see sale end dates listed too.

And as suggested already, can you please change the title of your thread cause we honestly have no control over that.

Thank you!

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 23 January 2013 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2877
Joined  2009-02-24

Sales are great when they’re up, but I prefer to think of them as a bonus rather than a reason to go out and buy something. If I find something I want, I’ll probably buy it, sale or no sale. Perhaps I’m a minority case, but there does seem to be a general consensus that sales are an entitlement rather than a nicety, so I almost feel bad for Daz in that regard.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 23 January 2013 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
What the OP appears to have gotten burned by was actually a weekend sale which was extended into Monday.  With that knowledge, it makes more sense that it closed on Monday night…it had probably been running all weekend.

Anyhow, this basic problem is why I added Email me when my wishlist items are discounted to my http://3dwishlist.com app, since DAZ hasn’t done it yet, so I get notified when stuff I care about goes on sale, and I know to go get it more or less immediately, if I can.

Taozen: Using the discount system instead of across-the-board lowering prices creates a ‘scarcity’ approach, which increases the feeling of ‘imminent need’, which drives sales.  I don’t begrudge them that at all, personally.  A less dynamic shop in this tiny a niche market would probably go out of business.

I’m fairly confident that despite the OP’s opinion, DAZ is quite well versed in sales theory AND practice, and is using Magento to a pretty far extent to drive it, even if it doesn’t tickle his/her desire to spend money specifically.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2003-10-09
Taozen - 22 January 2013 10:45 PM

Me thinks all stores should drop all sales completely and lower the prices in general, instead.

Google what happened when the iconic big US department store chain “J. C. Penney” (now known as JCP) tried that approach.  Sounds good, but doesn’t work. 

And what happened to the General Motors offshoot Saturn?  That was their philosophy, make a price, stick to it and they will come.  Well, they didn’t.  Best (friendly, low maintenance, reliable) car I ever had, Saturn.  Would have bought another one but by the time the old one wore out, Saturn was dead.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10884
Joined  2005-10-07

new year’s resolution. 
don’t shop until broke.  try to be a couple paychecks ahead. at least 3 months rent, before spending money. 

That includes spending money to make money, cuz you don’t know when making money actually makes into the bank.

but i guess if you don’t need to pay room or board, then shop until you penniless is okay. smile

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   ° Ye Olde RealmsGalaxies

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
LeatherGryphon - 23 January 2013 08:35 AM

Would have bought another one but by the time the old one wore out, Saturn was dead.

Actually, I think that what actually killed Saturn is they were too well built…the replacement rate wasn’t high enough to sustain a company…

But, all ‘sales’ theories aside, clear start/end times are a requirement…and for the most part, recently, I’m seeing more things like ‘this weekend only’ appearing in the newsletters.  But then, there’s a problem…because, technically in the US, this week, Monday was a holiday and for many counted as ‘weekend’...as in 3 day weekend.  So did the ‘this weekend only’ include Monday, too? 

So while things are improving, actual DATES, would be better…and come on, every computer around has a way of easily getting to a calendar…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

1 of 6