31 of 40
(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System
Posted: 10 June 2013 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-03-06
Tman300 - 10 June 2013 10:17 PM

Ok Sickleyield,  I’ve done everything as instructed - used default genesis actor,  used the SRMS dress template for projection template. None of the fit morphs are working and I have no clue as to what might be wrong. I even reinstalled the whole runtime for the outfit and tried again but to no avail. The outfit was designed in 2007 according to the readme so that might have something to do with it.

Other possibilities/fixes:

1) Could DazStudio crashing a couple of times today have corrupted the SRMS installation? Maybe I need to delete it and reinstall it from scratch. I rebooted each time it happened.

2) Could installing the new 4.6 (I currently run 4.5.1.56 Pro 64 bit)  fix this? I am really grasping at straws here.

I had fit morphs working on the skirt but I can’t remember what morphing scheme I had injected (v++, midori?). I have used that technique somewhat successfully with other clothes that didn’t have good fit morphs, although it probably shouldn’t have worked.

At this point I’ll just look for another denim mini skirt. Shame to have wasted $18 on the outfit and textures. I’ll thoroughly check the readme next time before I buy.

1) No, probably not.  I mean I can’t rule it out, but it’s unlikely.

2) It won’t make a difference.

Why are you trying to use V4 fit morphs on an item conformed to Genesis in the first place?  They’re not going to fit correctly even if they did work.  SRMS comes with morphs for a large number of FBMs including all the official ones by DAZ.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 11 June 2013 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2011-10-28

To clarify Sickleyield,  I am not applying V4 morphs to the skirt after I used the SRMS and it became a genesis conforming garment, I first tried using just the mesh smoothing modifier method, but the seams opened up. Then I injected the V4/other morphs. I didn’t save the scene because they didn’t work well enough, but they did work. I was able to adjust the hip/waist which is all I thought I needed to fix the fit, but the skirt deformed in other ways I didn’t like (most likely issues with the underlying mesh) so I thought I’d give the SRMS rigging method a try.

To be quite frank, I do whatever I can to get Gen4 things to fit. I am a bit disappointed that I couldn’t get even the SRMS FBM morphs to become active with this garment, but one can’t expect perfection.

Using just the mesh smoothing modifier under geometry has worked most of the time in addressing clothing fit. It only fails when the garment mesh has issues with seams (like the skirt which prompted my posts).

This was only the second garment on which I tried the rigging modification technique. It now looks like I gave up way too early on the first attempt as I now have a better idea on how to properly apply it. I’ll revisit it when I have some time and apply what I have learned.

Thanks again.

Posted: 12 June 2013 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2004-01-17

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but for “What type of item is it” I’m not getting SRM as an option…just the default ‘dress/tight’.

Posted: 12 June 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 454 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
montag - 12 June 2013 05:47 AM

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but for “What type of item is it” I’m not getting SRM as an option…just the default ‘dress/tight’.

It doesn’t come with additional metadata options, if I understand you correctly.

Or wait, do you mean in Transfer Utility?

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 12 June 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 455 ]
Joined  2004-01-17

For ‘Using SRMS with autofit’ and with transfer.  I’m using Adam Thwaites “Simple Dress”. I’m wondering if I installed it wrong (installed manually to DS, rather than to Poser 2012).

Posted: 12 June 2013 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 456 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
montag - 12 June 2013 11:18 AM

For ‘Using SRMS with autofit’ and with transfer.  I’m using Adam Thwaites “Simple Dress”. I’m wondering if I installed it wrong (installed manually to DS, rather than to Poser 2012).

It shouldn’t matter where you installed the dress.  It’s possible the SRM templates are in the wrong place, though.  When you ran the installer, where did you tell it to put them?

EDIT: I have Simple Dress.  I converted it without difficulty, and the SRM templates showed up fine.  So it’s not an issue with the dress.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 12 June 2013 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 457 ]
Joined  2004-01-17

I certainly didn’t mean to imply the fault lay with Adams fine product;  I’ve no doubt the problem stems from what the old radio men called ‘a short between the headphones’. I also want to say that I’ve learned more from the instruction manual since yesterday than from my random “let’s see what *this* does” exploration.
I manually (rather than DIM) installed SRMS into my Daz studio rather than into Poser 2012 like it wanted; I think I guessed wrong.

Posted: 12 June 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 458 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
montag - 12 June 2013 12:58 PM

I certainly didn’t mean to imply the fault lay with Adams fine product;  I’ve no doubt the problem stems from what the old radio men called ‘a short between the headphones’. I also want to say that I’ve learned more from the instruction manual since yesterday than from my random “let’s see what *this* does” exploration.
I manually (rather than DIM) installed SRMS into my Daz studio rather than into Poser 2012 like it wanted; I think I guessed wrong.

SRMS won’t work with any version of Poser.  It does need to be installed to DAZ Studio.  If DS isn’t picking up the templates I’m thinking it must’ve ended up in the wrong folder somewhere, or in a runtime that isn’t mapped.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 28 June 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 459 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2009-05-30

Did you have any plans to add support for DarioFish’s HFS races (elves in particular), or only for items from the daz store? I love his morphs but miss my breast bridging!

Signature 

This is the space where I pretend to be clever. ... Is it working yet?

Posted: 28 June 2013 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 460 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
ladychance - 28 June 2013 10:59 AM

Did you have any plans to add support for DarioFish’s HFS races (elves in particular), or only for items from the daz store? I love his morphs but miss my breast bridging!

I just don’t know yet.  I’m flailing around among several projects right now, including trying to forge a dual-support workflow with Genesis and G2F.  When or if it happens I’ll let you know.  I don’t have the Elves at present.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 28 June 2013 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 461 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2009-05-30
SickleYield - 28 June 2013 11:37 AM
ladychance - 28 June 2013 10:59 AM

I just don’t know yet.  I’m flailing around among several projects right now, including trying to forge a dual-support workflow with Genesis and G2F.  When or if it happens I’ll let you know.  I don’t have the Elves at present.

No rush, you’ve got a lot on your plate. Just knowing if it’s even a possibility is enough for me. :D

Signature 

This is the space where I pretend to be clever. ... Is it working yet?

Posted: 06 August 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 462 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-06-15

Hello, I have a question on fitting the V4 shoes to genesis. I have been trying to fit Midnight Lace Shoes V4, but have not been able to get the toe right. My steps are
1. Load shoes and Convert to Triax Wt
2. Load custom shape genesis and the Toe Group (since I saw toe group by displaying the bone)
3. Hide genesis and using transfer tool with the setting from the instruction manual
4. Save shoes and delete and reload
5. Unhide genesis and Run transfer tool again with the setting from instruction manual
6. Save, delete, and reload
7. Run transfer tool again and apply pose
One thing I realize is the bone of the shoes got straighten out. I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong…. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Posted: 06 August 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 463 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

1.  Why do you have Genesis in the scene before Step 5?  You should be copying from the yellow boot for the base conversion.

2.  Why are you running Transfer Utility three times?  The manual says twice.

3.  A screenshot would help.  The most common error I usually see is failing to check “reverse source shape,” but if the shoe bones are “straightened out” it looks like you may just need to use the “no toe bone” boot base and a foot pose.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 06 August 2013 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 464 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-06-15
SickleYield - 06 August 2013 12:45 PM

1.  Why do you have Genesis in the scene before Step 5?  You should be copying from the yellow boot for the base conversion.

2.  Why are you running Transfer Utility three times?  The manual says twice.

3.  A screenshot would help.  The most common error I usually see is failing to check “reverse source shape,” but if the shoe bones are “straightened out” it looks like you may just need to use the “no toe bone” boot base and a foot pose.

Sorry, I was unclear about step 2.
1. For Step 2, I load the custom genesis. While having the genesis selected, I load the SRMboot with toe group so it conforms to the custom shape. Then I hide the genesis and use the transfer utility following the manual by setting source to SRMboot and target to the sandal.
2. I am not sure what to do after the 2nd transfer utility. So I run the transfer utility again to fit to genesis.
3. I do have the reverse source shape on the first transfer utility.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the no toe group later on after work and see how it comes out.

Image Attachments
Capture.PNG

Posted: 06 August 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 465 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

You can’t use a custom Genesis or conform the boots to Genesis in Step 1.  Having it morphed at that stage will mess up your final results (and is, it sounds like).

Since you’re working with a custom morph (i.e., one SRMS does not support) you should definitely wait until the conversion is fully finished, saved to library, deleted and reloaded before trying to conform the shoes to any morph.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

31 of 40