Digital Art Zone

26 of 40
(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System
Posted: 21 April 2013 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 376 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2005-07-18
Geminii23 - 21 April 2013 01:09 PM

So I have downloaded the manual and have spent the last hour or so trying unsuccessfully to get anything to work with the Dynamic Martial Arts Gi for M4.

As I understand it the SRMS is designed to work with conforming clothes, not dynamics. Some people have gotten it to work with dynamics—see vwrangler’s post above—but the process is more complicated than that described in the manual and it will convert the clothing item to a conforming one.

So if you’re looking for a system that converts dynamic G4 clothing to dynamic Genesis clothing, I don’t think the SRMS is it. :(

Signature 

My freebies on ShareCG
Visit my webcomic: Sunset Grill

Posted: 21 April 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 377 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4900
Joined  2008-03-06

So I have downloaded the manual and have spent the last hour or so trying unsuccessfully to get anything to work with the Dynamic Martial Arts Gi for M4. 

So here are a few things I have encountered.

1. In transfer Utility - It never gives me an option in Target for this item.
2. Autofit - When I choose fit to I am never given an option for what type of item
3. When trying to do convert weight mapping method I am given an error that I “must select a figure built with Parametric Joint Parameters”

Can anyone assist me on this?

Getting the Martial Art Gi bundle to work better with Genesis was definitely a primary reason I purchased the Sickle Rigging Morph System to begin with.

Thanks

If it’s an Optitex item it’s probably not happening (unless you export it first as an obj, import, and rig from scratch).

If it’s a regular Poser dynamic, you need to convert to a figure in the Scene tab (select the item, right-click) before you can use it with Transfer Utility.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 21 April 2013 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 378 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2012-11-06
SickleYield - 21 April 2013 05:04 PM

So here are a few things I have encountered.

1. In transfer Utility - It never gives me an option in Target for this item.
2. Autofit - When I choose fit to I am never given an option for what type of item
3. When trying to do convert weight mapping method I am given an error that I “must select a figure built with Parametric Joint Parameters”

Can anyone assist me on this?

Getting the Martial Art Gi bundle to work better with Genesis was definitely a primary reason I purchased the Sickle Rigging Morph System to begin with.

Thanks

If it’s an Optitex item it’s probably not happening (unless you export it first as an obj, import, and rig from scratch).

If it’s a regular Poser dynamic, you need to convert to a figure in the Scene tab (select the item, right-click) before you can use it with Transfer Utility.

Darn.  There are so many awesome clothing items for Gen 4, but it seems to always be really frustrating to get any of them work.  Being a relatively new user to DAZ, that is why I love Genesis stuff.  So much just works out of the box and I am able to start building scenes 100% faster.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 07 May 2013 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 379 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18

Hello I just bought this and plain to instal it and read this thread over the weekend.

I have a slight issue with the transfer utility I would like to fix before installing the product.

For somereason I have duplicates in the Projection Templates.

Any ideas as to why or how to fix this?

Image Attachments
transferutility.jpg

Posted: 07 May 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 380 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

Nope, that’s a weird one.  I’m going to request that you ask in Nuts and Bolts rather than here, since it’s a preexisting issue unrelated to this product.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 07 May 2013 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 381 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18

thank you for your superfast reply.
i looked in the projection templet folder, I should have thought to do that first
turns out i had both dsa and duf files, i deleted all the dsa files and that fixed it

Posted: 07 May 2013 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 382 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Type 0 Negative - 07 May 2013 08:40 PM

thank you for your superfast reply.
i looked in the projection templet folder, I should have thought to do that first
turns out i had both dsa and duf files, i deleted all the dsa files and that fixed it

Glad you were able to figure it out!

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 07 May 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 383 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08

Here’s another fishing expedition. There’s a rater lovely Renaissance dress over on Xurge which is on sale this month. Thre’s the usual issue of a long skirt. But the real issue is that the dress is for Alyson. There’s a version for My Michelle, but frankly, it doesn’t look like it transfered well.

Has anyone tried to port over anything built for Poser people? Did it work at all?

Posted: 07 May 2013 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 384 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
JOdel - 07 May 2013 09:21 PM

Here’s another fishing expedition. There’s a rater lovely Renaissance dress over on Xurge which is on sale this month. Thre’s the usual issue of a long skirt. But the real issue is that the dress is for Alyson. There’s a version for My Michelle, but frankly, it doesn’t look like it transfered well.

Has anyone tried to port over anything built for Poser people? Did it work at all?

It’s not going to work on Poser weight-mapped items.  In my testing it’s a complete fail with Jan19’s With Flair freebie from Rendo, at least.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 08 May 2013 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 385 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08

Ah. No idea if it’s weight mapped, but it probably is. Good to know ahead of time. Wish they’d done a version for Victoria.

Posted: 08 May 2013 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 386 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-12-26

Lol, I had also considered purchasing the Renaissance dress (beautiful gown) from Xurge to use with SickleYield’s Rigging And Morphing System and was concerned it wouldn’t work. Glad now that I waited but so wish that there had been a V4 version as well as that would have transferred to Genesis just fine.

Thanks Sickle for the info about poser weight mapped items not working with this product. smile

Posted: 08 May 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 387 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2008-02-22

SY, any Youtube or videos on using this product?

Signature 

+800 or so old forum posts, just so you know I’m not a newb!  tongue laugh

Posted: 08 May 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 388 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
3doutlaw - 08 May 2013 08:40 AM

SY, any Youtube or videos on using this product?

I’m afraid not, nor are there likely to be.  I don’t have the capture or editing software or a good enough mic for something like that.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 09 May 2013 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 389 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-11-08

There was an update in the DAZ Installation Manager for SRMS today, does anybody know what was changed or added?

Posted: 09 May 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 390 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Thoreandan - 09 May 2013 03:05 PM

There was an update in the DAZ Installation Manager for SRMS today, does anybody know what was changed or added?

Yay, it got through testing!

It adds FBMDavid5 and FBMStephanie4 to the dress and bodysuit for morph copying.  D5 wasn’t out when SRMS was first released, and I didn’t yet have S4 at that point.

I’ve done Dariofish’s Iradians as well, but those will probably be released at ShareCG or my own site as a freebie, since they’re not official DAZ morphs.  Also, that gives me an easy way to keep adding DarioFish’s incredible FBMs without having to do one of these time-consuming updates each time (I can’t emphasize enough how much I adore his custom alien characters).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

26 of 40