Digital Art Zone

21 of 41
(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System
Posted: 01 April 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2005-03-15

I still can’t believe how well this works!

So glad I can use Pampoen with Genesis, now.

Image Attachments
Pampoen_1a.jpg

Posted: 01 April 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5129
Joined  2008-03-06

I’m so glad it’s working for you!  That’s a very nice bloom to the lighting, is it Luxus?

It tickles me that I’m still getting renders in this thread this long after the product is out.  I appreciate each and every one.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 02 April 2013 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2005-03-15

Thanks,
It’s the lights from the Andrea for Young Teen Julie in DS.
There’s a cylinder around the hallway with shadows and visible in render off that helps make the most of the uberenvironment light. See The Sea’s gallery on rendo for more info there.
The rest is postwork. Three duplicated layers. One gaussian blurred 2 color layer overlayed, one blurred soft light layer and a screen layer for balance. The top layer is the vignette layer - draw a selection around the figure, fill outside it with black, guassian blur 50-100, turn opacity down.

Posted: 02 April 2013 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2010-03-13

First of all, the SRM kit works brilliantly in general, even with many morph combinations I am getting much better results than I ever could have had with the generic AutoFit / TransferUtility alone smile Thank you for that

I came across one morph combination where the dress / body suit forms a bulge between the breasts and due to that it transfers that bulge to dresses / clothing. The specific combination is “Aiko5” and “Breasts Small”. Is this due to “Aiko5” modifying the “Breasts Small” morph? There is a specific “MCMAiko5BreastsSmall” hidden morph that triggers when “Breasts Small” get dialed in with “Aiko5”. Can I amend / reduce this, so that the AutoFit rigs are adjusted as well? I got Hexagon, if that needs to be used - though I am not really proficient in using it.

Thank you in advance smile

Image Attachments
SRM_Bulge.jpg

Posted: 02 April 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

There’s an inherent limitation with negative chest morphs and bridging adjustments because a negative morph (one that pushes the chest in instead of out) can’t really be “bridged.”  The lump can’t be eliminated, but when I checked just now getting rid of that MCM did make it much less obvious.  Here’s how:

Dial in both morphs and set the MCM to 0 in the dress manually.  Then click the little gear next to the MCM in the dress that brings up the properties.  Choose “use limits,” and set all the limits to 0 and check “locked.”  Uncheck “auto follow.”  Then unconform the dress from Genesis and do a file—save as—support asset—morph asset(s) and save just that MCM.

Now when you delete and reload it, the lump will not be as bad.  Turning up smoothing iterations on the target garment helps as well.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 02 April 2013 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11508
Joined  2007-11-06

...so, seeing the above comment, will this work on my petite teen characters or will I run into the same issues?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 02 April 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Kyoto Kid - 02 April 2013 03:19 PM

...so, seeing the above comment, will this work on my petite teen characters or will I run into the same issues?

You will if you’re using negative breast morphs to achieve that effect on an FBM that uses hidden MCMs.  If you’re using Julie, Hitomi, or another natively flat morph you’ll be fine.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 02 April 2013 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11508
Joined  2007-11-06

...yeah pretty much those as well as the Steph4 NPMs via GenX.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 02 April 2013 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

There’s still time to get WhopNKar’s PimpMyDrezz from Rendo’s $3.50 Clearance sale today (April 2nd), if anyone doesn’t have it.  I’m not a huge fan of short dresses, but this one comes with an uncommonly cute hat/veil prop and there’s a really great pack of textures with DAZ mats by Wayii free at ShareCG for it.  It was probably too “different” to grab a big audience, but it’d be great for futuristic, steampunk or alternate past scenes with these texture sets.

Here’s a quick pic with one of Wayii’s sets for it (Boots from V4 Reiver, also an SRMS conversion, which I got in a grab bag some time ago).

Image Attachments
Drezz.png
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 03 April 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-03-13
SickleYield - 02 April 2013 03:02 PM

There’s an inherent limitation with negative chest morphs and bridging adjustments because a negative morph (one that pushes the chest in instead of out) can’t really be “bridged.”  The lump can’t be eliminated, but when I checked just now getting rid of that MCM did make it much less obvious.  Here’s how:

Dial in both morphs and set the MCM to 0 in the dress manually.  Then click the little gear next to the MCM in the dress that brings up the properties.  Choose “use limits,” and set all the limits to 0 and check “locked.”  Uncheck “auto follow.”  Then unconform the dress from Genesis and do a file—save as—support asset—morph asset(s) and save just that MCM.

Now when you delete and reload it, the lump will not be as bad.  Turning up smoothing iterations on the target garment helps as well.

I tried this route and it certainly makes the bump less noticeable, but it also makes the breasts (of the dress) larger, which I’d rather avoid.

What I tried now is to create a custom morph for the “MCMAiko5BreastsSmall” morph of the SRMDress01G (not the projection template) and on that dress it works perfectly fine. Now I am pondering though if it is possible to adjust the projection template (or create a new one as copy), which would respect the changes for the AutoFit projection as well, though perhaps I need to think in a completely different way ...

Anyway, if this pushes it too far for this thread and makes it too technical then just let me know, but I’d appreciate any hint or tip smile

Posted: 03 April 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Renpatsu - 03 April 2013 11:11 AM
SickleYield - 02 April 2013 03:02 PM

I tried this route and it certainly makes the bump less noticeable, but it also makes the breasts (of the dress) larger, which I’d rather avoid.

What I tried now is to create a custom morph for the “MCMAiko5BreastsSmall” morph of the SRMDress01G (not the projection template) and on that dress it works perfectly fine. Now I am pondering though if it is possible to adjust the projection template (or create a new one as copy), which would respect the changes for the AutoFit projection as well, though perhaps I need to think in a completely different way ...

Anyway, if this pushes it too far for this thread and makes it too technical then just let me know, but I’d appreciate any hint or tip smile

No such thing.  It tickles me pink when customers are interested in the tech. wink

I’m thinking the best way to do that is to save out the morph without resaving the dress, then copy it into the template folder in data/daz 3d/genesis/base/tools/projection templates (there’s another projection templates folder, but the one in tools is where morphs should do).  That should add the morph to both the loaded dress and the template and autofit options.

I can’t remember if I had to text-edit a morph to have different paths when I copied it between folders, though.  If it doesn’t show up in things that are autofitted that’s probably the issue.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 03 April 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-03-13
SickleYield - 03 April 2013 11:33 AM

I’m thinking the best way to do that is to save out the morph without resaving the dress, then copy it into the template folder in data/daz 3d/genesis/base/tools/projection templates (there’s another projection templates folder, but the one in tools is where morphs should do).  That should add the morph to both the loaded dress and the template and autofit options.

I can’t remember if I had to text-edit a morph to have different paths when I copied it between folders, though.  If it doesn’t show up in things that are autofitted that’s probably the issue.

Progress smile A biiiiig thank you for the tip smile

I still have to tweak a bit, but it already is quite usable. The values are not 1:1 effectively after AutoFit, but that is only a minor inconvenience as that Morph is adjustable - might have happened due to the projection process. Either way I’ll have some more fun using and tweaking this smile

Thank you again smile

Image Attachments
SRM_Progress.jpg

Posted: 03 April 2013 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

No problem, I’m glad we found a solution that works for you!

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 09 April 2013 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2009-05-30

Quick render I did after converting some shoes- I am very pleased with the results. This is going to make my life so much easier. Sickle, you are amazing, just in case you didn’t know that already.

Shoes are from the M4 Casual set from dark division’s advent calendar this past christmas.

PS. No smoothing modifier in either version. The shoes come apart with smoothing applied, but I don’t feel they need it with the SRMS conversion.

Image Attachments
shoeconversion.jpg
 Signature 

This is the space where I pretend to be clever. ... Is it working yet?

Posted: 09 April 2013 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
ladychance - 09 April 2013 01:13 AM

Quick render I did after converting some shoes- I am very pleased with the results. This is going to make my life so much easier. Sickle, you are amazing, just in case you didn’t know that already.

Shoes are from the M4 Casual set from dark division’s advent calendar this past christmas.

PS. No smoothing modifier in either version. The shoes come apart with smoothing applied, but I don’t feel they need it with the SRMS conversion.

Nobody hates to hear nice things about themselves. wink

Sometimes that happens.  It depends a lot on what the original maker did with the base geometry.  Some of my own old Gen 4 products really aren’t suitable for SRMS conversion because they have, say, a geometry break between waistband and pants (which is why I sell carefully retailored conversions of them instead).

A few of the savvy ones are making more fused geometries to drag in a Genesis conversion audience, but it’s always best to bargain shop if you know you’re going to convert and can’t tell about the geometry.  I never pay more than Prime Club/Plat Club prices for Gen 4. 

Unless it’s Xurge3d.  His fantasy items always convert beautifully, so I feel no hesitation about them.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

21 of 41