Digital Art Zone

3 of 40
(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System
Posted: 23 January 2013 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-12-26

I love doing Regency period renders but can’t use the dress with Genesis as it always stretched the bottom of the dress but with your new product I should be able to without too many issues. So looking forward to this release. Fantastic looking so far!

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Looks exciting, I’m liking the idea of rigs for skirts/dresses. Been to lazy to do it myself…

Of course converting old stuff will could be really useful too.

Any Front and back handles/bones for the skirts? Or just left and right?

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1889
Joined  2005-04-15

SIgh… yet another product I’m going to have to buy as soon as it comes out…

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 23 January 2013 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4534
Joined  2004-08-11

Something to ask…. probably for a different product.  Is there a way to tweak the transference of long hair to come out better?  Often times there is nasty kink around where the shoulders are and for some reason I can’t figure out how to eliminate that.  Really makes transferring long hair a turn off for me.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 23 January 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1091
Joined  2010-09-19
RAMWolff - 23 January 2013 11:15 AM

Something to ask…. probably for a different product.  Is there a way to tweak the transference of long hair to come out better?  Often times there is nasty kink around where the shoulders are and for some reason I can’t figure out how to eliminate that.  Really makes transferring long hair a turn off for me.

Sickle Super Hat And Hair Fixer - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickle-super-hat-and-hair-fixer/95296

works a treat, and it keeps the original hair morphs intact too.

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 23 January 2013 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4921
Joined  2008-03-06

Good morning, ladies and gents!  Addressing questions:

Left and right handles only (both upper and lower).  There are few circumstances in which front/back ones are a great idea with weight maps, and few skirts are so huge they fall into that category.

I will hunt through my runtime and see if I can find any belt with attached bags to convert.  Overall it does well with belts and bandoleers provided you also do the morph copy, and the TU is actually very good at extending weight maps out of the template’s 3d space, but it never hurts to check.

That kind of fix for hair is another kettle of fish, but it’s one I might consider as a future product.  I miss my Ariel hair.  The Hat And Hair Fixer is pretty much just for fitting hair under hats.

As for short dresses and skirts, I don’t have a lot in my runtime, but please see attached.  Optional JCM you can copy from the dress template are also included with instructions, which fixes the divot effect even further on seating and other deep bends.  Two of these are old AS freebies that many of you probably have and can check your AF results with. wink

Image Attachments
ShortDemo1.jpgShortDemo2.jpgShortDemo3.jpg
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 23 January 2013 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks so much for considering the hair issue.  I do have your hat fix hair product.  I’ve not used it yet, truth be told!  red face

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 23 January 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
RAMWolff - 23 January 2013 11:15 AM

Have you tried adding smoothing, usually works for me.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 23 January 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

In some cases if the hair is curly it’s OK… but on wavy or straight hair smoothing doesn’t really do the trick.  Its’ a flaw in the script and I’m sure it can be fixed but I know zero about coding!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 23 January 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

About the earlier query with belts and pouches, here is Xurge3d’s Warlock on Michael 5.  It has a nice hip pouch, as you can see.

Image Attachments
Warlock1.jpgWarlock2.jpg
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 23 January 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3172
Joined  2007-06-22

Thank you that looks very good, funnily enough it was Xurge stuff I was thinking of, I had just autofitted some of his stuff with bags and they didn’t do to well when the figure was posed.

Posted: 23 January 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

The only time it’s going to go badly with this and accessories is if they’re right on the border of a joint, such as right where the hip joins the leg.  In that case it’s going to look terrible when doing the splits (but it would have in the original garment as well, probably).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 23 January 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

Is this going to be quite easy to use and will it come with a user guide, I’m really not very good with this sort of thing anything that involves any amount of technical brain work just gets me lost.

Thanks.

Posted: 23 January 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
scorpio64dragon - 23 January 2013 01:55 PM

Is this going to be quite easy to use and will it come with a user guide, I’m really not very good with this sort of thing anything that involves any amount of technical brain work just gets me lost.

Thanks.

It depends, and yes.  Converting outfits in general requires using Transfer Utility and being willing to click a few buttons.  Converting shoes in a way that looks good requires basically running TU once, saving to library, then reloading and running it one more time with different settings.  Rigging and morphing an outfit that’s actually made for Genesis, or adding morphs to one you already have,  is just a couple of clicks with the Transfer Utility.

There is a full .pdf manual for all of the things that this does.  I’m not sure if DAZ lets artists include those now, but if not I will release it at a freebie site to ensure everyone gets it.

Technically you can use the skirt and bodysuit templates with Autofit as well, but that’s not recommended because it does not add the smoothing modifier.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 23 January 2013 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

Thanks that sounds ok, I use the Transfer Utility, so I know that much.

Now the question is when?

3 of 40