12 of 40
(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System
Posted: 25 February 2013 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5447
Joined  2006-02-20
SickleYield - 24 February 2013 11:10 PM

I wonder if the shoe/boot thing is because Gen 3’s feet are closer in shape to those of Genesis (and thus the rigging boot template I made)?  Gen 4’s pointy toes are certainly a pain as far as that part of the conversion goes.

As far as I read it is because Gen3 feet are modeled flat, like Genesis, contrary to Gen4 feet.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 25 February 2013 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1139
Joined  2009-01-09
SickleYield - 24 February 2013 08:30 PM
katfeete - 24 February 2013 08:03 PM

For those who, like me, were wondering “but will it do long coats?” and “What about my G3 products?”: my conversion of the CIS Coat for M3. Thank you SO MUCH for this—it’s going to save me oodles of time, effort, and screaming, plus bringing back some stuff I’d thought was lost to me.

Now how the heck did you get it to work with an M3 item?

Hm.  I guess the templates themselves are for base Genesis, not Gen4, so it’s possible (since I didn’t do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won’t work well, I’m guessing). 

How about that.  You surprised me with my own product. :D

I’ve found that it can work well with Gen3, but that how well it works is highly dependent on the actual product. For example, the shape of Dark Paladins for F3 came through fairly well, but its problem is that the material and rigidity zones don’t seem to be well defined, so the big chunky belt essentially crumbles into the skirt texture after conversion. Victorian Coat V3 did not come through at all, using either SRMS or Wancow’s method. (Something weird with the sleeves.) It did a great job with the David Fantasy skirt. I wound up using a combination of Wancow’s method and SRMS for the Steampunk Cowboy coat. Hercules for the Freak mostly came through OK, except for some odd bending at the back.

Apart from the particularness of it, the main difference I’ve found between using SRMS to convert Gen3 or Gen4 stuff is that most of the Gen3 stuff seems to need a lot more smoothing. I mean, a LOT more smoothing; depending on the item, smoothing iterations have been between 6 and 20, and collisions between 6 and 10.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 25 February 2013 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5277
Joined  2005-08-29

Sensibility Coat worked very well.

Image Attachments
srms_.jpg
 Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 25 February 2013 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26

Awesome!!! Definitely worth purchasing. It took me a few tries to get it right but here’s my first conversion using Hermione Blue.

Hermione Blue using SRMS. I used the longer method listed in the manual…converted to weightmapping then used the Transfer Utility. Arrows point to all the areas that look better than Autofit. I’ll also post an image of same character; same pose using Autofit for comparison. (Cape is also using same preset from Hermione Blue MOR cape pose.) The loin cloth pose is slightly different as I had to cover her a bit. I didn’t have to provide any coverage with Autofit as the loin sticks to the thighs.

Image Attachments
cute-hb-render-1-w-system.jpgcute-hb-render-1-autofit.jpg

Posted: 25 February 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

SRMS really does work pretty well at converting high heels.

This is Anarchy by RPublishing

Image Attachments
anarchy.jpg

Posted: 25 February 2013 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4647
Joined  2008-03-06

Awesome. grin

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 25 February 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  336
Joined  2004-03-03

Just bought, downloaded, and finished reading the manual.

One thing seemed to be missing in the described workflows. A sale point is the ability to add better, custom morphs to existing Genesis clothing, e.g. with breast bridging for the female morphs. Which would be the method in the final chapter. But in many cases this will be replacing an existing, not so good morph. But the manual workflow doesn’t describe getting rid of the existing morph. Should there not be mention of deleting the data dsf file for the old morph, or deleting the morph with the property editor?

Posted: 25 February 2013 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4647
Joined  2008-03-06
DavidGB - 25 February 2013 09:00 PM

Just bought, downloaded, and finished reading the manual.

One thing seemed to be missing in the described workflows. A sale point is the ability to add better, custom morphs to existing Genesis clothing, e.g. with breast bridging for the female morphs. Which would be the method in the final chapter. But in many cases this will be replacing an existing, not so good morph. But the manual workflow doesn’t describe getting rid of the existing morph. Should there not be mention of deleting the data dsf file for the old morph, or deleting the morph with the property editor?

The other morph will be overwritten if it has the same name (FBMVictoria5 will overwrite a preexisting FBMVictoria5, etc.).  So actually what I wish I’d put in but didn’t is that if you have an outfit with, say, two good FBMs, you should back those up in case they are better than the generated ones (and paste them back over the data files).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 26 February 2013 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2012-08-12
SickleYield - 25 February 2013 08:04 PM

Awesome. grin

yep, this is the word… your SRMS is just awesome and worth the buy, i’m so happy to finally be able to use Gen4 or Gen3 outfits on my Genesis characters

Posted: 26 February 2013 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2011-05-27

I also bought SRMS with high hopes that it would help me convert Generation 4 outfits and have “genesis only” library. smile It appears though that I have much to learn yet - the results were quite unsatisfactory even though I followed the manual to the letter.

My problem (I will add screenshots later - I write this from a computer without DS) was with the geometry in the chest region. Whenever I tried to convert some outfit for V4 using default Genesis figure as source (as shown in the manual) I got a mangled “sack” of cloth under the breast that didn’t disappear even after applying female shapes and using a variety of smoothing options (yes, saved, deleted and reloaded from the library as the manual instructs).

The manual shows Sickle Mage Robe fitting tightly to the default Genesis, but I can’t get this result with some early V4 items like Domino shirt or Provocative Dress and the Top from the same dress. My guess is that these outfits are made in a way that makes smooth reduction of the breast area impossible. I tried to do the conversion using Basic Female, but got the same results. Maybe I should use V4 shape for Genesis instead?

I also failed to get good results for shoes, but this was only expected as SRMS only promises to have shoe add-ons in the future.

I am sorry to post my problem seeing that many people here post only the showcase of their success. I will try to experiment with other items and see if I’m more successful (yesterday I tried 5 items and failed with all of them).

Posted: 26 February 2013 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

Not sure if this is the domino shirt that you are refering to, I just loaded it up and transferred, didn’t do any fiddling or anything with it so probably the results could be improved on.  I’ve only done one outfit so far so am still figuring things out.  Here is a side by side render of the domino shirt I have with the transfers of genesis and how it loads and renders on V4.  Had to change the material of the shirt as it was see through.  I didn’t have time to do much else as I am heading out the door to work.

Image Attachments
domino.jpg

Posted: 26 February 2013 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-11-08
vienastoks - 26 February 2013 04:08 AM

The manual shows Sickle Mage Robe fitting tightly to the default Genesis, but I can’t get this result with some early V4 items like Domino shirt or Provocative Dress and the Top from the same dress. My guess is that these outfits are made in a way that makes smooth reduction of the breast area impossible. I tried to do the conversion using Basic Female, but got the same results. Maybe I should use V4 shape for Genesis instead?

I just did a test converting the Domino for V4 shirt, following the SRMS instruction manual, and it worked quite well ( the screenshot below is Genesis with the V4 shape at 100%, but it also worked with V5, etc.).  The straps might need some adjustment, but there’s no major problems in the chest area.  When I loaded it on the default Genesis, it fits tight with no mangling (I forgot to take a screenshot).

I don’t have Provocative Dress so I can’t test that one.

Are you remembering to check “Reverse Source Shape from Target” in the Transfer Utility, under “Show Options >>>”?  I made that mistake with something in Transfer Utility once, and the results were similar to what you described.  It seems this option is generally not checked by default.

Image Attachments
Domino_V4_on_V4_Genesis_shape.jpg

Posted: 26 February 2013 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-27

Thanks, Thoreandan,

it is possible that I missed that “reverse” thingy. Not actually forgot, but I noticed that sometimes my click would select and highlight the line, but somehow miss the checkbox. Will have to try again. Provocative top is very somewhat similar to the Domino shirt. I’ll try in a few hours and post my results.

Posted: 26 February 2013 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-27
Heatherlee - 26 February 2013 07:43 AM

Not sure if this is the domino shirt that you are refering to, I just loaded it up and transferred, didn’t do any fiddling or anything with it so probably the results could be improved on.  I’ve only done one outfit so far so am still figuring things out.  Here is a side by side render of the domino shirt I have with the transfers of genesis and how it loads and renders on V4.  Had to change the material of the shirt as it was see through.  I didn’t have time to do much else as I am heading out the door to work.

I meant the instances when I have a different shape than V4 - Basic Female, for example. I know converting to V4 shape for Genesis is beneficial too, but I sort of hoped to use the outfit on other Genesis based female shapes (or in certain cases of fantasy clothing - even on male shapes). I will try to illustrate my problem a bit later when I get home.

Thanks for your help!

Posted: 26 February 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

Here is a sample on different figures hitomi, mavka and sayaka.

Image Attachments
hitomi.jpg

12 of 40