Digital Art Zone

11 of 41
(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System
Posted: 23 February 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  580
Joined  2005-09-12
dumorian - 23 February 2013 10:01 AM

Note for DIM users: As of this moment, it seems that only 2 of the three files needed show up in DIM. So you need to download and install at least the one file the old way.

I opened up a problem ticket in the bugtracker on this - and I’m now downloading the third file with DIM.

There also seems to be an install issue with the pdf using DIM - I didn’t get any error message, and there weren’t any errors in the DIM log, but it looks like DIM didn’t actually install the pdf. Not a big problem - just do the unzip manually. (I included that issue in my bug report - so it may get fixed yet this weekend).

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-09-11

Hey Sickle,

Just to let you know that i’m trying to purchase your product and the daz store won’t let me. (i get an error that i can only purchase 1, but never purchased, so i can’t add to cart) Not looking for store support, just a note if you noticed that sales are down.

any chance that you can expand the stores that sell this item?

thanks in advance

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
3d-username - 24 February 2013 08:14 AM

Hey Sickle,

Just to let you know that i’m trying to purchase your product and the daz store won’t let me. (i get an error that i can only purchase 1, but never purchased, so i can’t add to cart) Not looking for store support, just a note if you noticed that sales are down.

any chance that you can expand the stores that sell this item?

thanks in advance

First be sure your logged in, then add any other item to your cart. Now open your cart. Both items should show in your cart now. Remove the unwanted item from your cart and checkout. It is a known glitch in the store. If this does not work I would send a Support Ticket to Daz3D.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

ASs Arkham Angel converted to Genesis using SRMS.

Boots converted really well with only very slight distortion.

Image Attachments
ArkhamGen.jpg

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-12-26

It took me a few tries to get my first converted V4 item to go right (mostly due to smoothing levels) but once I got one outfit done doing others was quick and easy.
Great product!  grin

Posted: 24 February 2013 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2004-03-03

This looks like a great product - I must try to find the money for it.

I’d like to echo the requests from others earlier in this thread for something to help with hair conversions, as AutoFit or the Transfer Utility plus smoothing doesn’t produce a good or even just about usable result on all hairs by any means. For instance, Midnight Prince hair, which I’ve been trying to convert to Genesis for use on V4 or V5 shaped characters. AutoFit/Transfer utility makes a horrible mess of the bangs at the front, and the lower edge of the sides, and smoothing doesn;t help. I can correct the problem on M4-shape Genesis by importing the original obj as a morph to correct the generated M4 morph in the converted hair, but that doesn’t help with a V4 or V5 morphed Genesis.

Posted: 24 February 2013 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5119
Joined  2008-03-06
DavidGB - 24 February 2013 02:29 PM

This looks like a great product - I must try to find the money for it.

I’d like to echo the requests from others earlier in this thread for something to help with hair conversions, as AutoFit or the Transfer Utility plus smoothing doesn’t produce a good or even just about usable result on all hairs by any means. For instance, Midnight Prince hair, which I’ve been trying to convert to Genesis for use on V4 or V5 shaped characters. AutoFit/Transfer utility makes a horrible mess of the bangs at the front, and the lower edge of the sides, and smoothing doesn;t help. I can correct the problem on M4-shape Genesis by importing the original obj as a morph to correct the generated M4 morph in the converted hair, but that doesn’t help with a V4 or V5 morphed Genesis.

I’ll see what I can do.  Some forms of distortion I’ve found are an artifact of the actual code of the conversion process and I can’t affect them with templates (viz., about a five degree backward pull on heels, for instance) but it may be I can at least improve upon it.  I have a lot of long hairs that haven’t converted as well as I’d like even with TU.

That looks really cool, willowfan. grin

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2005-07-18

For those who, like me, were wondering “but will it do long coats?” and “What about my G3 products?”: my conversion of the CIS Coat for M3. Thank you SO MUCH for this—it’s going to save me oodles of time, effort, and screaming, plus bringing back some stuff I’d thought was lost to me.

Image Attachments
SRMSAutofit.jpg
 Signature 

My freebies on ShareCG
Visit my webcomic: Sunset Grill

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
katfeete - 24 February 2013 08:03 PM

For those who, like me, were wondering “but will it do long coats?” and “What about my G3 products?”: my conversion of the CIS Coat for M3. Thank you SO MUCH for this—it’s going to save me oodles of time, effort, and screaming, plus bringing back some stuff I’d thought was lost to me.

Now how the heck did you get it to work with an M3 item?

Hm.  I guess the templates themselves are for base Genesis, not Gen4, so it’s possible (since I didn’t do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won’t work well, I’m guessing). 

How about that.  You surprised me with my own product. :D

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1650
Joined  2008-11-10

I have to take a second to throw you a few kudos as well… I managed to rig this outfit with your product and it behaved better across the various shapes (and custom morphs) than with the transfer utility. I can’t show what I’m workin’ on ( wink ) but just wanted you to know.

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Male-M3dia - 24 February 2013 08:39 PM

I have to take a second to throw you a few kudos as well… I managed to rig this outfit with your product and it behaved better across the various shapes (and custom morphs) than with the transfer utility. I can’t show what I’m workin’ on ( wink ) but just wanted you to know.

Thank you!!  I’m glad it’s working so well for you.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 24 February 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  921
Joined  2012-02-03

I’m looking forward to working with this, as soon as I can get the files downloaded. The manual downloaded fine, but the other two files aren’t completely downloading. I’ll keep trying ‘til I get them. I am enjoying reading the manual at the moment.

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2005-07-18
SickleYield - 24 February 2013 08:30 PM

Oooh. It’s not supposed to? Well, “ignorance is bliss, just cross your fingers and remember the 30-day money back guarantee” pays off again. :D

You got me paranoid though, so I tried a few other items. Results were mixed. In that initial conversion I’d been using the rather excellent movement morphs in the CIS coat rather than the skirt handles to move it around (since Autofit and Transfer Utility had consistently lost those, I was happy enough to have ‘em back). When you get something like the RDNA Beasthunter coat that relied on a custom rig rather than morphs… yeah, not so good, as anything more than bare minimum use of the skirt handles causes stretching. And the one long dress I tried (the free Butterfly Dress) didn’t work out well at all… better than the Autofit by a long shot, but not really usable. On the other hand, Kobomox’s T-Coat came through with no more than minor burps, ten times better than the Autofit version, and with no particular stretching—I assume because it’s knee-length, not floor-length.

So yeah—if you’re using this on G3 items it’s a bit of a craps shoot. Personally I’m still considering it money well spent. I can get dresses anywhere, but decent long coats (of which I am obviously a fan) are relatively rare, and getting the T-Coat and the CIS back is retrieving about 50% of my stock.

since I didn’t do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won’t work well, I’m guessing.

I figured as much from following this thread, but honestly I haven’t had that much trouble getting the G3 shoes to fit Genesis—much less than the G4. Weird, eh? I’ll try and do some boots when I get the chance to see how they go.

Signature 

My freebies on ShareCG
Visit my webcomic: Sunset Grill

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
katfeete - 24 February 2013 11:07 PM

Oooh. It’s not supposed to? Well, “ignorance is bliss, just cross your fingers and remember the 30-day money back guarantee” pays off again. :D

You got me paranoid though, so I tried a few other items. Results were mixed. In that initial conversion I’d been using the rather excellent movement morphs in the CIS coat rather than the skirt handles to move it around (since Autofit and Transfer Utility had consistently lost those, I was happy enough to have ‘em back). When you get something like the RDNA Beasthunter coat that relied on a custom rig rather than morphs… yeah, not so good, as anything more than bare minimum use of the skirt handles causes stretching. And the one long dress I tried (the free Butterfly Dress) didn’t work out well at all… better than the Autofit by a long shot, but not really usable. On the other hand, Kobomox’s T-Coat came through with no more than minor burps, ten times better than the Autofit version, and with no particular stretching—I assume because it’s knee-length, not floor-length.

So yeah—if you’re using this on G3 items it’s a bit of a craps shoot. Personally I’m still considering it money well spent. I can get dresses anywhere, but decent long coats (of which I am obviously a fan) are relatively rare, and getting the T-Coat and the CIS back is retrieving about 50% of my stock.

since I didn’t do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won’t work well, I’m guessing.

I figured as much from following this thread, but honestly I haven’t had that much trouble getting the G3 shoes to fit Genesis—much less than the G4. Weird, eh? I’ll try and do some boots when I get the chance to see how they go.

Well, custom bones are lost in G4 as well, that’s not a Gen 3 issue.  There was no way around that when converting a mesh from one rigging system to another, at least not that I’ve found.

I wonder if the shoe/boot thing is because Gen 3’s feet are closer in shape to those of Genesis (and thus the rigging boot template I made)?  Gen 4’s pointy toes are certainly a pain as far as that part of the conversion goes.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2011-08-27

Hm.  I guess the templates themselves are for base Genesis, not Gen4, so it’s possible (since I didn’t do shoe shapes for Gen3 those probably won’t work well, I’m guessing).

Except for shoes and boots, I don’t see why this wouldn’t work for any figure which you have an Autofit clone for. My next project is to transfer over one of my favorites, A3’s Cool Fever.

And if you have Wardrobe Wizard or CrossDresser, there’s no reason you couldn’t transfer clothing from just about any figure to V4 or M4, and then re-rig it to fit Genesis.

In short, for all those people who cried about not being able to use Makva’s clothes on Mavka for Genesis, well, now you can. With the right software and licenses, of course. It wouldn’t be perfect, but it would be possible.

11 of 41