Digital Art Zone

New monitor: Oh my goodness!
Posted: 22 January 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-01-27

I’ve always used my netbook with a 1366 x 768 display for rendering.

I just got a new monitor. Same netbook, but WOW what a difference when I slide DS over to the 1920x1080 display!

With tabs open on both sides of DS 4, the picture space was about an inch and a half wide. Now the picture space is almost as big as my netbook’s whole display! Taller, but not quite as wide. And those tiny sliders? I can actually fiddle them.

(Now I just need a project so I can afford this new monitor.)

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-03-14

Wait until you go dual monitor.  It’s impossible to go back. ^_^;;;;;

(I had to shrink it for the forum to let me post it, but it’s really supposed to be 3840x1080 smile smile smile )

Image Attachments
DS4_Layout_2Mon_sml.jpg
 Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2003-10-09

Yup! Once you go Dual Monitor you will wonder how you managed with one.. and then you will wish you had a 3rd one to watch Movies on LOL

Image Attachments
DazDualMonitor_Forum.jpg

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2673
Joined  2011-12-10

STOP THIS THREAD AT ONCE!!!! You guys are making me feel my own poverty raspberry raspberry raspberry

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  825
Joined  2003-10-09
Torby - 22 January 2013 06:34 PM

I’ve always used my netbook with a 1366 x 768 display for rendering.

I just got a new monitor. Same netbook, but WOW what a difference when I slide DS over to the 1920x1080 display!

With tabs open on both sides of DS 4, the picture space was about an inch and a half wide. Now the picture space is almost as big as my netbook’s whole display! Taller, but not quite as wide. And those tiny sliders? I can actually fiddle them.

(Now I just need a project so I can afford this new monitor.)

Congratulations!  Ain’t it nice to have room to stretch and wiggle your toes (er, fingers)?. grin

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3100
Joined  2009-02-24

Dual Monitor was necessary for me as a programmer. C++ and debug on one screen, output on the other. These days its Daz in one window, and either internet (Youtube cats ftw!) or, more productively, Photoshop CS5 in the other.

Only downside is I cheaped out on one of the monitors, and now the colours are all a bit screwed up despite my best attempts at calibration.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-01-27

Always wanted dual monitors. At my former employer, support staff had dual monitors, but “was unnecessary for developers.” Then the new hired developers got dual monitors. Then the new hired developer was the boss. Then the boss was Darth Vader….

Now I have dual monitors :D

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  825
Joined  2003-10-09

I solved the need for more information overload long ago by assembling a family of machines (many of them were orphans) around me. 8-o

Monitors clockwise from upper left:

1) 19” WinXP
2) 23” Win7 primary monitor
3) 23” Win7 secondary monitor and HDMI TV as 2nd input
4) 23” monitor (back visible) switches between another XP, a Vista, a Win8, and yet another XP
5) 32” TV also has input from the Win8

My recliner faces the TV and I’ve got wireless mouse and keyboard on the Win8 machine so I can sip hot chocolate, munch Triscuits, play solitare and pretty much vegetate when I get tired of fixing customer computers and playing with DAZ tools.

Image Attachments
DSCN2286_20130123_100224.jpg
 Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7977
Joined  2006-03-19

I’d hate to see that electric bill

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8423
Joined  2009-07-13

are you sure that is not his CCTV setup for watching the neighbours?

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again