Digital Art Zone

61 of 80
The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest
Posted: 16 March 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 901 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  606
Joined  2010-02-18

Skavengur…love the cityscape in this…nice atmospheric feel to it, too.

Posted: 16 March 2013 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 902 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2011-09-11
Jamahoney - 16 March 2013 02:38 PM

Skavengur…love the cityscape in this…nice atmospheric feel to it, too.

You’re right !  Me too i like very much the 2 entry of Skavengur and i hope he wins the First Prize : the pose of the cyborg , his “clothes”,
the city and the overall color,  every part of his picture is perfect, and the nice atmospheric feel as you said…

It will be VERY hard to choose, there are so many beautiful works, but this one is impressive !

Posted: 17 March 2013 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 903 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2006-03-31

Awww, Nerfbumps! I knew it. I missed the deadline. My poor baby can’t handle the big bytes anymore. I like making multi-object images, but my 7 year old PC can’t keep up. I guess I’ll have to use less and try to do more with it until funds become available to replace the old dear. I had a good one, I think, and watching the images unfold here ave me more and more ideas on how to tweak and improve it. Well anyway, I think you would have liked it, but in all honesty, I don’t think it would have won. There’s a lot of talent out there and there’s a whole lot of it peeking out in this contest.
Well, congratulations to whoever the best of you turns out to be! I’m sure you earned it! Better luck to the rest of us next time, eh?

Signature 

Forget world peace…
    visualize using your turn signal!

Posted: 17 March 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 904 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2012-11-06

Does anyone know if we are allowed to post our images on other sites now that the contest is technically over?  Or do we need to wait for the official results?

Thanks.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 17 March 2013 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 905 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  323
Joined  2003-10-09

hi all..
contest is officialy over…feel free to post on other sites if you’d like to,
I’ll try and get a new thread posted in a couple days that has all the images in one clean thread so we can all vote a little easier..also will get the past random winners sorted.

thanks so much for everyones participation,It’s been great to see so many cool renders from everyone!.

Cheers
Stefan

Posted: 17 March 2013 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 906 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2011-02-09
Stonemason - 17 March 2013 06:49 PM

hi all..
I’ll try and get a new thread posted in a couple days that has all the images in one clean thread so we can all vote a little easier..also will get the past random winners sorted.

thanks so much for everyones participation,It’s been great to see so many cool renders from everyone!.

Cheers
Stefan

Thank you for having this contest!

Posted: 17 March 2013 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 907 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7529
Joined  2009-05-14

Yep it was fun to watch all the great images come pouring in but I am not looking forward to the community vote…...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 17 March 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 908 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2003-10-09
Szark - 16 March 2013 12:58 PM

I did have my tongue in my check when I wrote that. smile

And that’s the way I took your comment too (as humorous). It was both funny and a nice compliment. Thank you.

But on the serious side, I knew I was pushing the envelope. Although it was before midnight for me, DAZ time (if that was the cut off) would mean I was too late. Since I was able to get my first entry in a few days back, I was/am fine with whatever ruling (in or out) for this second entry.

Funny thing though,as last minute as this was, I think I would have made it before midnight DAZ time with no problem were it not for the fact that the fire alarm in our apartment complex went off at about 10:30 pm. Can you believe it? Crazy timing plus a lack of preparation on my part.

Posted: 17 March 2013 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 909 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7529
Joined  2009-05-14

LOL Well it is good that is the main thing. smile Good luck everyone.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 17 March 2013 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 910 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10546
Joined  2007-11-06

...almost wish I would have been laid off from my job last month.  Then I would have had the time to get everything installed on the new workstation in time to submit an entry.

...ahh well, there’s always next year.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 18 March 2013 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 911 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2012-11-06

I guess the only thing I could’ve done differently was to wait longer before creating my images.  Some of the later entries really raised the bar and perhaps that would’ve made me rethink my entries…but then again I am also very happy with them and glad to finally post them for all my friends and family to see in my personal gallery!

Thank you again to Stefan for offering such generous gifts and creating such a fun contest for everyone!  I have enjoyed seeing so many amazing pieces and hope to connect with all of you in other forums (deviantart, renderosity, etc)

Cheers!

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 18 March 2013 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 912 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2012-02-05
Stonemason - 17 March 2013 06:49 PM

hi all..

Cheers
Stefan

No, thank you, Stefan for making such wonderful stuff for the rest of us to use and for the generosity to offer up a contest where everyone gets a chance to show their stuff and possibly get something from your great inventory to do more art! Much appreciation from all of us! cool smile

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 18 March 2013 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 913 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5481
Joined  2006-02-20

Thanks Stefan for this contest!
It was fun and inspiring to see all those pictures!
(and to try myself)

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 18 March 2013 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 914 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2007-04-05

Thank you for a great opportunity and awesome products to work with Stonemason.

Signature 

http://laticis.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 18 March 2013 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 915 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2008-03-16

Thanks Stonemason for the contest and the opportunity to push the creative limits of ones self through some friendly competition. I had a blast working on my piece and learned some new tecniques. Good luck all!  Now to start picking my favorites for our portion of the Judging.

Signature 

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”  - Jake “Bama” Chambers       Deviant Art

DAZ Gallery works

61 of 80