Digital Art Zone

57 of 80
The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest
Posted: 14 March 2013 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 841 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2010-05-06

NON ENTRY

Although I did not want to post too many nonentries, because there are so many cool renders where I used Stonemason’s products, here is one I could not resist.
Done somewhen in late 2011.
Two angles of the same scene.

Title: Last Stand
Software: Carrara 8.5
Stonemason product: City Ruins : Vehicles

Image Attachments
Last_Stand_004.jpgLast_Stand_101(8.5)a_AC_org_.jpg

Posted: 14 March 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 842 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-28

Well here is my two bucks worth- having seen the other entries I don’t stand a chance but this is my first time trying a competition so what the heck.

Modern Flower fairies (with apologies to the late Cecily May barker) , these two are the flower fairies of today, we have the sweet wrapper fairy and the rubbish bin fairy. these are fairies of the town and roadside. Their efforts may be seen around the city scape and country. The rubbish bin fairy is especially fond of busy road side verges but may also be found working quietly away on quiet road edges just outside town where he works with the common fly tip fairy to produce his effects.
Stonemason products are the empty warehouse (backdrop) and city ruins for the ground. Free products from Yagami, Kosaburo, trekkie grrl (there may be some more, apols to those that make their stuff for free). lauraxmaddie and Davidxmatt ffigures.
Minimal post to fix some texture problems (and that nostril glow all the 3’s have!)

Space Medic. In Space no one can hear you- oh yeh except for the medics. I’m a volunteer ambo so I liked the idea of showing the after effects of a fire fight or accident.
Stonemason’s GSFC, two M4’s, Epsilon suits (with custom texture), and free products besar’kam and T2. Uber lights for fog.
Post consisted of taken the several renders (I just COULDN’T get the fog effects how I wanted them in one render) and compositing them in Paint shop pro 7. Reasonably happy how it turned out- left it all a bit late!

Image Attachments
space_medic_1.jpgmodern_flower_fairies_the_sweet_wrapper_fairy_and_the_rubbish_bin_fairy.jpg

Posted: 14 March 2013 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 843 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  2012-11-06
JNZoutdrz - 14 March 2013 07:38 PM

Well here is my two bucks worth- having seen the other entries I don’t stand a chance but this is my first time trying a competition so what the heck.

Modern Flower fairies (with apologies to the late Cecily May barker) , these two are the flower fairies of today, we have the sweet wrapper fairy and the rubbish bin fairy. these are fairies of the town and roadside. Their efforts may be seen around the city scape and country. The rubbish bin fairy is especially fond of busy road side verges but may also be found working quietly away on quiet road edges just outside town where he works with the common fly tip fairy to produce his effects.
Stonemason products are the empty warehouse (backdrop) and city ruins for the ground. Free products from Yagami, Kosaburo, trekkie grrl (there may be some more, apols to those that make their stuff for free). lauraxmaddie and Davidxmatt ffigures.
Minimal post to fix some texture problems (and that nostril glow all the 3’s have!)

Space Medic. In Space no one can hear you- oh yeh except for the medics. I’m a volunteer ambo so I liked the idea of showing the after effects of a fire fight or accident.
Stonemason’s GSFC, two M4’s, Epsilon suits (with custom texture), and free products besar’kam and T2. Uber lights for fog.
Post consisted of taken the several renders (I just COULDN’T get the fog effects how I wanted them in one render) and compositing them in Paint shop pro 7. Reasonably happy how it turned out- left it all a bit late!

I really like your fog effects and light of Space Medic.  Good job.

BTW - After everything I have seen in the weeks since I posted my work, I don’t think my images stand a chance either but hey…it is still really fun and invigorating to compete at all.  The few competitions I have entered this month for DAZ have given me lots of motivation to do my best work.  It is really amazing how simple competitions can get your creativity flowing.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 14 March 2013 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 844 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-03-07

Whew.  Thought I was not going to finish in time!

Title: St. George & the Dragon
Software Used: DAZ Studio 4.5.  Postwork in Adobe Photoshop CS4
Stonemason Products Used:  Enchanted Forest 1 & 2, Greek Ruin

Image Attachments
GeorgeDragon2a_1600.jpg
 Signature 

—michael

Photons™—You can make light of them!

(Don’t let the post count fool you)

Posted: 14 March 2013 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 845 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2009-11-30

*bites nails* First post ever. Girding loins, diving in, hoping I don’t mess something up.

Title: Forget Me Not
Software used: DAZ Studio 4.5, Photoshop CS6 (signature, white dots on shrooms, upped the magenta slightly)
Stonemason products used in your image: Modular Ruins, Enchanted Forest, Return to Enchanted Forest

Image Attachments
brokenheart.jpg
 Signature 

——-
Terry
DAZ gallery | deviantART

Posted: 14 March 2013 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 846 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2011-06-17

“We Want You”
Items used: City Ruins building 1.
Software: Daz Studio 4 Pro.
          Reality 2.5

Image Attachments
We_want_You_stonemason2013_by_decoyboy.jpg

Posted: 14 March 2013 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 847 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2003-10-09

Another last day entry!

Title: We’ll meet again at the End of Time

Software Used: Poser Pro & Photoshop

Stonemason Products Used:  One Tree Hill, Victorian Street Props

Other Products: Waves on the Beach - Nerd3d, Pirate Essentials, Clockworks: Tower Interior - LukeA

Image Attachments
EndOfTime.jpg

Posted: 14 March 2013 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 848 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2010-07-25

oh wow lots of great renders in the last day !!!

Posted: 14 March 2013 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 849 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  314
Joined  2003-10-09
fayrie - 14 March 2013 10:50 PM

oh wow lots of great renders in the last day !!!

No kidding, I don’t think my first image has a hope, and my second is not finished.  Rendering one version now, hoping to add to it and post that instead but if I can’t get it done I’ll post what I have when it finishes.  It’s in with a chance at least…

It’s been great to see the images themselves, so different and the standard is so high it’s really inspiring.

Signature 

Fire Angel’s Music on MacJammers.

Posted: 14 March 2013 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 850 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-03-16

OK… Deep Breath, and here we go into this room of amazing wonders.

Here is my First Entry and with the time left it looks like there will be no second.
Title: Coldstone Falls
Software used: Daz 4.5 and Photoshop for Postwork
Stonemason Product used: Return to the Enchanted Forest

Image Attachments
Coldstone_Falls.jpg
 Signature 

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”  - Jake “Bama” Chambers       Deviant Art

DAZ Gallery works

Posted: 14 March 2013 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 851 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2007-10-05

I want to extend my compliments to so many of you who submitted your artwork. You took this seriously obviously and when considering what new art work to develop for this, you pushed the bar up quite a bit. A few entries are so spectacular, it would seem impossible to match their creativity in any short time. I applaud you for great art work.

And last, Stonemason himself, great artist, kind soul. Keep up the product development. We keep an account ready to make sure we can purchase your latest items as required stock in our library. May you keep developing for many more years.
(and I purposefully didn’t use your dragon dojo…but…hope you reboot it in the future!)

Posted: 14 March 2013 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 852 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2004-06-23
csampson - 14 March 2013 01:37 AM
Blaine91555 - 13 March 2013 10:18 PM

Title: Alas Poor Yorick!

First, congrats….nice, very nice composition and render.

Second, thanks for killing my 10hr Gorilla in the Mist render…that now will…not be viable!

smile
Good work.
(now on to another piece before deadline-Thank god I have tons already close, just have to finish lighting and composition…anyone doing anything with dolphins?)

LOL Thanks and sorry about that. I’m working so much I’m lucky to get one out. I had a lot of fun working on it though.

Lighting is the time killer for sure. My machine is so old and slow I did not dare attempt real fur on top of the lighting. Four years old and it’s really starting to piss me off trying to work on it. The central lighting is all Vue, but the dark glow and outer dark area’s are about four hours in Photoshop experimenting. Learned a lot doing it.

Starting to really like Studio!!!

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 853 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2007-10-05
Blaine91555 - 14 March 2013 11:56 PM

LOL Thanks and sorry about that. I’m working so much I’m lucky to get one out. I had a lot of fun working on it though.

Lighting is the time killer for sure. My machine is so old and slow I did not dare attempt real fur on top of the lighting. Four years old and it’s really starting to piss me off trying to work on it. The central lighting is all Vue, but the dark glow and outer dark area’s are about four hours in Photoshop experimenting. Learned a lot doing it.

Starting to really like Studio!!!

My wife is very critical of daz art work and she walked up after I said your piece was up. “oh wow”...she doesn’t hand those out.

Our main criteria when looking at many pieces…does it tell a story…or..is it just a bunch of objects that don’t tell me a story. That can be hard to compose. Yours told a story well, even if one doesn’t know Hamlet. The colours are vibrant, the parts are well played.

Great work!

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 854 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2012-04-09

First Official Entry:
Title: Caught in the Tractor Beam!
Daz3D 4.5 and Photoshop CS 6

Products used:
Enchanted Forest
City Ruins : Vehicles
Rubble
The Backstreets

Image Attachments
Tractor_Beam.jpg

Posted: 15 March 2013 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 855 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28

OMG!  Is it the 15th yet??!?!?!

Title:  Ringed in Fire
“What story do -you- see?”

This was a bit problematic for me.  There were parts I wanted and parts I didn’t have, so I ended up taking apart several sets and re-saving the bits and pieces back to my library so I could “cut-and-paste” them around my scene.  (Don’t kill me!)  This was good, though, because I didn’t realize how many dead trees and plants were in Enchanted Forest 2, and that’s exactly what I needed!

Software:  Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop.

Foreground:  Lava Planet (ground), Enchanted Forest 2 (trees, stairs), Streets of Asia 2 (stone lantern, island statue, wood railing), Castle Ruins (walls), Jepe’s Flamez (smoke).

Child:  Kids 4, Winter Fun, Hongyu’s Sportbaby2, DM’s Rosemary, Mechanica No5 (umbrella), Deaddy Bear, Cowpokes (jeans), K4 Sweetheart (shoes), Bunny Dazed/Gothic Bunny Dazed (backpack).

Background:  Lava Planet (3x land, sky, buildings), The Core (the platform pulled off with the Poser Grouping tool and squished into a lake), Enchanted Forest 1 (trees), Poser primitives (outer ring, wall, turf), Ron’s Birds, Ron’s Steam and Smoke.  Lava Planet buildings were re-scaled, re-shadered (but have the same maps), and parts were selectively pulled off using the Poser Grouping tool.

Lighting:  Render Studio, IDL Studio.

Not posted anywhere else.

Whew.  Did I make it in time?

Image Attachments
ring_in_fire_1600.jpg

57 of 80