80 of 80
The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest
Posted: 15 April 2013 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1186 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2006-12-09
sfaa69 - 15 April 2013 09:53 AM

Thanks, edited to reflect eight.

But as I looked at the recent voting, I saw that some people are providing links rather than entry numbers. The vote counting is going to be more difficult if people don’t provide an obvious way to know which image is being voted for.  But maybe whoever counts the votes won’t mind spending the extra time tracking down which image is at the link, then seeing what the entry number is.

I didn’t notice any entry numbers, I just provided a link and specified first or second image.

Signature 

A viola is a flower or a musical instrument. The expression which means “behold!” is voila. It comes from a French expression literally meaning “look there!”

Your bedroom suite consists of the bed, the nightstand, and whatever other furniture goes with it. Your pajamas would be your bedroom suit.

Posted: 15 April 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1187 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1181
Joined  2011-09-13

Little story: I’m sitting my laptop, moving my 30 or so favorite entries in and out of a folder I created called “Final 8”.
My wife calls out to me: “Just pick!”
I say, “It’s not easy!”
And then she pauses and says, “It can be…” with a kind of scary tone in her voice. So… I think I need to make a decision pretty quickly now. But it’s still not easy.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 15 April 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1188 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-07-17
wwes - 15 April 2013 11:05 AM

But as I looked at the recent voting, I saw that some people are providing links rather than entry numbers. The vote counting is going to be more difficult if people don’t provide an obvious way to know which image is being voted for.  But maybe whoever counts the votes won’t mind spending the extra time tracking down which image is at the link, then seeing what the entry number is.

I didn’t notice any entry numbers, I just provided a link and specified first or second image.

Thread entry numbers.  Right hand corner of your post. We are in the 1180’ s on this thread.

Posted: 15 April 2013 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1189 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2006-12-09
sfaa69 - 15 April 2013 12:53 PM

Thread entry numbers.  Right hand corner of your post. We are in the 1180’ s on this thread.

I guess I was just confused by the terminology.  I thought the thread entry number was the same as a link to the post.  But for those that entered twice, you’d still have to specify first or second picture.  We are probably just saying the same thing in a different way. smile

Signature 

A viola is a flower or a musical instrument. The expression which means “behold!” is voila. It comes from a French expression literally meaning “look there!”

Your bedroom suite consists of the bed, the nightstand, and whatever other furniture goes with it. Your pajamas would be your bedroom suit.

Posted: 15 April 2013 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1190 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-07-17
wwes - 15 April 2013 02:32 PM
sfaa69 - 15 April 2013 12:53 PM

I guess I was just confused by the terminology.  I thought the thread entry number was the same as a link to the post.  But for those that entered twice, you’d still have to specify first or second picture.  We are probably just saying the same thing in a different way. smile

Which reminds me of a story.  During WWII, government officials at a certain agency were getting frustrated at research scientists submitting their results in the metric system, usually in cm/sec. After they rather haughtily reminded the scientists that all data was to be submitted using the Engtlish system, the next report showed results in furlongs/fortnight.
So, yes, you can say the same thing in different ways.

Posted: 16 April 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1191 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10767
Joined  2007-11-06

...so how long do we have to make our choices?

Slow going with my slow connection having to load so many imaged per page.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 April 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1192 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15312
Joined  2003-10-09

I seem to remember Stefan said a week.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 April 2013 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1193 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10767
Joined  2007-11-06

...thank you, only made it through about five pages so far.  A good part of the time is waiting for the larger view to load.

..and so many good works to look through.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 19 April 2013 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1194 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  979
Joined  2012-02-04
Stonemason - 14 April 2013 04:58 AM
scorpio64dragon - 13 April 2013 11:25 AM

I hope people will wait before even begining to make their decisions, my entry was not sent to LycanthropeX by Stonemason so I can’t help but wonder if he even had it in his selection, luckily I noticed and its been sorted out for the community thread; but I’m concerned that there may well be other images entered that are absent, if you go through the entries now you may miss something put in later.

should have been, there’s a scorpio64dragon.png in the zip ..only images I didn’t include were the non entries…

anyway..are we all good to go now?...thanks so much to Lycan for setting up the public vote thread!..we’ll get the other thread stickied for the vote

shall we take a week to get everything voted on?

Cheers
Stefan

The week is almost up.
What a crazy ride it has been!  smile

Posted: 03 May 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1195 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  333
Joined  2003-10-09

winners announced
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21581/

80 of 80