Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Browser lock up
Posted: 07 June 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4901
Joined  2005-08-03

That’s odd. I can have multiple things downloading at once and it would make no difference other than my download speed being split among multiple items. You don’t by chance have a download manager installed do you?

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 07 June 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16390
Joined  2003-10-09

That is only true if you have a really good, machine and a decent ISP, with good broadband connection and speeds.

I for one would never attempt to download from 2 different sites at the same time. I rarely even download more than one item at a time.  I know the limitations of my machine and my broadband connection.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 June 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

It’s not a band width issue. On my forays in to the freebies I’ve had 6-8 items downloading from 3 different sites with no issues, it’s only when I am downloading from here I have this issue. When I download from else where I have a download window that keeps me informed, not from here though. When I download from here I don’t get a separate download window I get this weird green bar that keeps passing through my browser icon, but no indication something is downloading, not even a piece file in my download folder.  Like I said things download from here quite bizarrely compared to any other site. It’s like there is some built in download manager from here. It’s getting me quite paranoid. As in nothing I download from anywhere, downloads the way items do from here.

There is a lot I would like to say but certainly can’t be said here. Lets just say if I weren’t familiar with DAZ and hadn’t been doing business here for years, I’d have left on day 1 and not come back. Just too much hinky stuff going on for me to be comfortable with it.

Posted: 07 June 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16390
Joined  2003-10-09

Well OK Stan. colour me puzzled you have managed to find something that no one else has any issue with.  At this point I think I will just give up.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 June 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7798
Joined  2006-03-19

Your better off.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 07 June 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9023
Joined  2007-11-06

That’s very strange, Stan—I just tested it now to make sure, and files from here download the same way as files from everywhere else using FF—FF asks where I want to save it (because I have it set to always ask), I select the destination, then the Downloads window opens up and shows the count of KB received, then when it’s complete the Downloads window shows it.  It doesn’t get the file size like it did on the old site, so there’s no progress bar, but otherwise it behaves perfectly normally,

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 07 June 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

Why do I even bother?

Sorry Mike, I seem to consistently have issues no one else does.

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9023
Joined  2007-11-06

Have you ever tried running HiJackThis to see if there’s anything unusual on your system?  Or checked your Hosts file for a redirect?

ETA:  Do you have similar issues using other browsers with DAZ downloads?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 June 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-07

I run security scans about once a week,  never find anything. I run firefox for most everything, emaiil is explorer and beta testing ACR was chrome. {ACR was aspiring to be the best racing MMO online, then it was released to open beta with the economy set up, Free to play my lily white…. I quit it, the game has no goals} Playing the L out of LOTRO right now. Not shopping at DAZ so I had a bit of $ to spend on it.

Upgrading firefox fixed the downloads killing other downloads, but the DAZ downloads are still bandwidth greedy. Clicking the daz forum book mark still locks up my browser for the 3-4 seconds it takes to load the forum.

2 of 2