Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
IMPACT-The animated ruins project
Posted: 20 January 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2223
Joined  2003-12-06

Oohdear… It looks great, and I’d love to see a finished product come out of this, but there’s a hardcoded path in the textures — every one I load looks for “C:/Content/Runtime/Textures…” and the .duf files are impossible to edit so we can fix the paths.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13390
Joined  2003-10-09
SpottedKitty - 20 January 2013 03:47 PM

Oohdear… It looks great, and I’d love to see a finished product come out of this, but there’s a hardcoded path in the textures — every one I load looks for “C:/Content/Runtime/Textures…” and the .duf files are impossible to edit so we can fix the paths.

They are just compressed - you can expand them with the batch Convert pane in DS or most archive tools (I use 7Zip).

Do note, however, that paths in DS have the same character restrictions as urls - so if you have characters in your folder or file names that aren’t valid for urls you need to replace them with their hex codes, such as [percent]20 for space. [percent] should be %, but the forum converts it into a space.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2003-10-09
Stonemason - 20 January 2013 03:53 AM

if animating be sure to activate motion blur in render settings.
if you have keymate or animate2 you can slide keys to better position the timing of the impact in your animations.

hope you all get some enjoyment out of this..if not for rendering then just watching shit blow up is always cool smile

Cheers
Stefan

PS:the larger project I have includes walls and columns collapsing,crater impact points and other animated goodness,the reason it’s on hold is D|S can’t slide keys natively.this limits the end user too much for the product to be truly useful..so,if you want me to finish the project please request the ability to slide keys in your next bug reporter visit smile...thanks!

I wish you would release the full project even if DS doesn’t have the ability to slide keys natively.  That you are dependent in GoFigure shouldn’t be a detractor, specially when the price of keymate is as low as it is.  I look at it like this: most items in the store depend on one or various pre-purchases, starting with clothes that depend on a previous figure purchase.

Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 20 January 2013 05:01 PM
SpottedKitty - 20 January 2013 03:47 PM

They are just compressed - you can expand them with the batch Convert pane in DS or most archive tools (I use 7Zip).

Do note, however, that paths in DS have the same character restrictions as urls - so if you have characters in your folder or file names that aren’t valid for urls you need to replace them with their hex codes, such as   for space.

thanks for the tip Richard,

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2003-10-09
SimonWM - 20 January 2013 05:24 PM
Stonemason - 20 January 2013 03:53 AM

if animating be sure to activate motion blur in render settings.
if you have keymate or animate2 you can slide keys to better position the timing of the impact in your animations.

hope you all get some enjoyment out of this..if not for rendering then just watching shit blow up is always cool smile

Cheers
Stefan

PS:the larger project I have includes walls and columns collapsing,crater impact points and other animated goodness,the reason it’s on hold is D|S can’t slide keys natively.this limits the end user too much for the product to be truly useful..so,if you want me to finish the project please request the ability to slide keys in your next bug reporter visit smile...thanks!

I wish you would release the full project even if DS doesn’t have the ability to slide keys natively.  That you are dependent in GoFigure shouldn’t be a detractor, specially when the price of keymate is as low as it is.  I look at it like this: most items in the store depend on one or various pre-purchases, starting with clothes that depend on a previous figure purchase.

it’s just not financialy viable to make content that relies on other paid for plugins..at least for me.my content is always stand alone with no other purchases required.

I’m sure DAZ will eventualy add key sliding as it’s such a basic feature,certainly not one you should have to buy a plugin to do,at which point I’ll get back to finishing the project

Posted: 21 January 2013 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5457
Joined  2006-02-20

Thank you! smile smile smile

Edited to add: if somebody creates a bug report, they could link it here.
I just don’t know enough about animation to make a coherent bug report about this.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 23 January 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2010-01-27

Ok, Dear Stone,

Sorry, but I don’t know the secret handshake :D

How do you use this thing? I once managed to make an animation following a video example, but can’t seem to reproduce the experiment or find that example again. I think I recall dragging the white-on-blue ani blocks to the timeline, but now it won’t let me drop them there.

Clueless as usual,

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 32 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

Posted: 23 January 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1774
Joined  2006-01-19

thanks for these ! smile

and i could not resist, so i quickly cooked up a script to delay ( or un-delay)  multi-child prop animations

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15550/

Image Attachments
Yp-delay-Da.pngyodelayda.gif

Posted: 25 January 2013 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  624
Joined  2007-12-04

Fantastic, thank you so much.  Another great way to cause mayhem and destruction tongue laugh

Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 25 January 2013 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2010-01-27
Torby - 23 January 2013 04:59 PM

Ok, Dear Stone,

Sorry, but I don’t know the secret handshake :D

How do you use this thing? I once managed to make an animation following a video example, but can’t seem to reproduce the experiment or find that example again. I think I recall dragging the white-on-blue ani blocks to the timeline, but now it won’t let me drop them there.

Clueless as usual,

Oh, I see. You just put one of the Frags where you want it to hit, find the mis-linked texture and render a movie. SMASH!

Next, I’ll see if I can edit the file path.

Signature 

—————————-
“By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”—Socrates
http://www.improbable.me
Using DS 4.5.0.114 Pro 32 bit poorly.

(Formerly Halfbubble)

2 of 2