Thanks for the reply. It’s not an animation although I did do some in this scene so was thinking that it may be part of the problem.
And maybe it is my workflow. I’m trying to find the best ways to do things to get around my annoyances. So usually I’m in perspective mode and move things around. If I find a certain view I like, I create a camera position for it. Then under perspective view I move everything around and then switch to the camera view of the one I like and then render.
This morning I did a test. I went in and the camera was already set to “Camera Straight”, just a stupid name I made up and rendered. Then under the same camera I moved forward to the other side of the room and rendered again. This time it rendered the first position instead of the new position.
So I then opened the other file, normally I have a backup in case I mess up but this time I don’t. I just have a second copy of what I have now. It does the same thing. I open the file, keep the same camera view, render. Move forward, and render again. While it is rendering I can see the view in the background change to the previous view. After the render is done it reverts back to the current view.
I could just start over. It’s not like I haven’t a billion times. Lighting is the part I hate the worst. So I hate ditching this setup only because it looks ok lighting wise. not to say that it is but at least everything looks more 3d and not so flat.
This just caught me at a bad time. There are little things that bug me.
1) Moving around. I can’t rotate around a pinpoint. I end up all over the place.
2) Moving a character from one location to another. I often have to rotate around to see the handles to grab.
3) if I have a tab open like the content library, sometimes the items disappear. I have to minimize and then maximize it to see them again.
4) Lighting - what can I say. I suck at it so far.
5) I buy a lot of stuff but I can hardly ever to get it to look like the promos lol.
6) Menu Item Figure>Move to Floor. Very handy but was wondering if there was a way to move to next object instead of floor like if a character is lying on a bed. If I do Move to Floor then of course it does and falls through the bed rather than stopping on the bed’s surface.
7) I’m on the other side of the world in a scene and merge a character or pop in something else and it is created on the other side of where I am. It would be great if it was merged or created where I currently am. Hence moving all around again.
8) Applying a pose. I know now I can hold down the CTRL key when applying the pose and turn off the translation stuff but it still moves around some but at least I don’t have to chase the figure back to it’s original position or worse.
Sorry I know you DIDN’T ask but this is my top 8 (only cuz I have to get ready to go to work) newbie annoyances (and yes I’m still a newb after all this time. But I’m determined to really get to know this stuff this year.)
Maybe I could make a YouTube vid of It after work. Even if I start all over I would still like to know what’s going on. It’s the fix-it guy in me.
Thanks for listening to the meandering. That’s the ADD in me lol.