Joined  2004-07-01

first try at Texture for Sarong

Image Attachments
1_sarong_texture.jpg

Posted: 20 January 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2008-09-12

Wancow I hate to say this, but I think your sarong hates me.  With a passion.

Posted: 20 January 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-12
Lord Ganthor - 19 January 2013 03:31 PM
wancow - 18 January 2013 05:49 PM

WHAT!! NO FAIR!! You’re supposed to come on and tell me it doesn’t work, I suck and am stupid and why didn’t I think to include such and such a file!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? The world must be coming to an end…

Okay…you suck and you’re stupid! I mean, what good is this thing? There’s no place to put a gun and it looks just stupid with a holster! If she wears it while jumping off a building with a sword in either hand it flies all over the place and looks dumb. All she can do is just stand there and…look sexy…with all that hip showing…and…..*drool*...

Okay, I’ll let it go just this one time, but no more sucky clothing, alright?!? I mean, nothing like a matching top or anything…stupid like that…sort of a bandana thing…with a low cut front…or maybe a halter top…OKAY!?!

Your renders have always made me want to give rendering in Bryce a try.  Just saying.  lol

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  465
Joined  2003-11-30
Chameleon2002 - 20 January 2013 12:27 PM

WHAT!! NO FAIR!! You’re supposed to come on and tell me it doesn’t work, I suck and am stupid and why didn’t I think to include such and such a file!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??? The world must be coming to an end…

Okay…you suck and you’re stupid! I mean, what good is this thing? There’s no place to put a gun and it looks just stupid with a holster! If she wears it while jumping off a building with a sword in either hand it flies all over the place and looks dumb. All she can do is just stand there and…look sexy…with all that hip showing…and…..*drool*...

Okay, I’ll let it go just this one time, but no more sucky clothing, alright?!? I mean, nothing like a matching top or anything…stupid like that…sort of a bandana thing…with a low cut front…or maybe a halter top…OKAY!?!

Your renders have always made me want to give rendering in Bryce a try.  Just saying.  lol

You should try it. It’s my preferred render engine, although nearly all of the objects are set-up in Studio (pick a version) exported as .obj files and dropped into Bryce. I never could get that bridge from Studio to Bryce to work right and find this a much easier method. It takes a little used to doing the scene set-ups in wireframe (the OGL in Bryce bogs my computer down) but you can adapt pretty quickly with a little practice. I just love the control over the lighting along with the huge sets I can create with the program, finding both Studio and Poser too limited in that respect. The Pro version is no longer free, if I remember right, but I think that it’s $20 or something like that now. Check the store for further details. In any event, it’s well worth playing with.

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15312
Joined  2003-10-09

and I second what Lord Ganthor says, only difference with me is that I prep in poser, but apart form that use the same method, and have done since forever, through every version of Bryce that has been available for the PC. Bryce is fun, and it has a zonking render engine.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 21 January 2013 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-12

See I played around in Bryce and created some backgrounds, and yes it has amazing rendering capabilities.  Maybe I’ll have to give it another shot whenever the two year old terror and work give me a chance. 

ETA I just checked my available serial numbers from the store, turns out I must have downloaded Bryce 7 Pro at some point and just never installed it.

Posted: 21 January 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  465
Joined  2003-11-30

See? You’re halfway there! I used to plop my 2 year old in a playpen in the studio to get work done. Now I plop her in front of a computer. She’s 21, by the way, and it still works…

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10
Chameleon2002 - 20 January 2013 12:26 PM

Wancow I hate to say this, but I think your sarong hates me.  With a passion.

When I get back to town, I’ll try exporting it to Cr2 and see if that’ll work for you.  Maybe someone else can beat me to it.  This wan’t much of anything, I consider it public domain, so if anyone wants to adapt it for DS4.0 users, feel free.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10
bigh - 19 January 2013 04:30 PM

first try at Texture for Sarong

That is suweeet!

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10

LOL!  I LUV U MAAAN! Lovely girl!  She makes the thing look good just by wearing it.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 21 January 2013 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7275
Joined  2009-07-13

hrrrmph

Image Attachments
sarong.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 22 January 2013 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-12
Lord Ganthor - 21 January 2013 04:51 PM

See? You’re halfway there! I used to plop my 2 year old in a playpen in the studio to get work done. Now I plop her in front of a computer. She’s 21, by the way, and it still works…

I gave up on the playpen by the time mine was 16 months.  Little monkey figured out how to climb out.  Now at 29 months, she carries her little plastic chair everywhere to get up where she isn’t supposed to be, like on Mimi’s piano, the kitchen counter, the computer desk…or my personal favorite, I was sitting in the recliner the other night and almost got knocked out of it when a little head made of concrete connected with my back as she came over the back of the chair. 

My mother wished one as bad as me on me…we got one 10 times worse.

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10
wendy♥catz - 21 January 2013 09:57 PM

hrrrmph

THAT IS PRECIOUS!!! Going in my permanent collection!

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

2 of 2