Digital Art Zone

Can’t export morphs from DAZ to Blender
Posted: 18 January 2013 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-01-17

Hello

I’m new on DAZ3D but I’m very excited about its Genesis model quality and morphs potential. Once my final interest is animations and not poses and I have a Blender advanced animator at my team, I’m modeling Genesis characters on DAZ and then I export it, so that the guy can work on animations inside Blender.

The issue is: after export the model with some morphs (parameter) into a COLLADA file, when I try to import it to Blender I’ve got the following message:

Sax FWL Error: Source with id “Genesis-morph-targets” in morph controller with id “Genesis-morph” used in input with semantic SEMANTIC_MORPH_TARGET could not be found!

What should be wrong? Is that possible to export a Genesis parameter (eg “Left Leg Out” or “ToughGuy Head”) to Blender?

Regards and tks in advance,

Carreiro

Posted: 18 January 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2004-07-01
cedcarreiro - 18 January 2013 06:58 AM

Hello

I’m new on DAZ3D but I’m very excited about its Genesis model quality and morphs potential. Once my final interest is animations and not poses and I have a Blender advanced animator at my team, I’m modeling Genesis characters on DAZ and then I export it, so that the guy can work on animations inside Blender.

The issue is: after export the model with some morphs (parameter) into a COLLADA file, when I try to import it to Blender I’ve got the following message:

Sax FWL Error: Source with id “Genesis-morph-targets” in morph controller with id “Genesis-morph” used in input with semantic SEMANTIC_MORPH_TARGET could not be found!

What should be wrong? Is that possible to export a Genesis parameter (eg “Left Leg Out” or “ToughGuy Head”) to Blender?

Regards and tks in advance,

Carreiro

I don’t think COLLADA works at all any more .
At least it doesn’t for me .

Posted: 18 January 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15290
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you tried FBX? You will need to edit the exporter rules to include the morphs as you wish.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 January 2013 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2004-07-01

Have you looked at this for Blender -
http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=157