JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,859
edited July 2013 in The Commons

Back up the infinite staircase
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Szark said:
Totte said:
Cheers mates!

To the next hundred!

To infinity and beyond!

Oooh, so you're wanting some Jägermeister in that case.. lol

Are you going to make us some Escher buildings then?

Post edited by Chohole on
«13456750

Comments

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,859
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    Think it's fitting Szark you got the first post on page 100.. nice work buddy - and everyone else who has contributed to this, including all the brilliant artwork.

    Here is to the next 100 pages

    *cracks open a beer*

    CHEERS!


    Ah but the important post is the first one on page 101. That's when we split it off. Mine's a whiskey please.

    Oh we still split the threads in the new forums?

    Whiskeys all round!


    Whoo-hoo! Happy Hundred everybody!

    But that's a good question -- fun as this is, why are topics still being restarted after 100 pages? I thought that was one of the issues that moving to the new store/forum software was supposed to fix.

    Well, do you trust the new system to be robust enough to handle a multi-hundred page thread?

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 8,781
    edited December 1969

    You don't want us to answer that one, do you Richard? ;)

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 4,787
    edited December 1969

    We're in the danger-zone now.. brace yourselves peeps! lol

  • TotteTotte Posts: 6,999
    edited December 1969

    We're in the danger-zone now.. brace yourselves peeps! lol

    I saw a thread in this new forum hit 141 pages so look at it as a soccer game (or football as we call the real game here in Europe where we do play it with the feet), we're on overtime ;-)

  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

    Since the last thread ended with talking of drinking, why stop now? I'll take a Gimlet. And a Gimlet is gin and lime juice, don't let any bartenders tell you different!* And if they pour it in a tumbler over ice, instead of shaking it, then they are no bartender at all...

    Mmm... Gimlets...

    *Vodka has it's place, but it ain't in a gimlet.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,763
    edited December 1969

    Reminds me of a Barmaid I used to work with, her tipple was Gin. Gin with anything, but usually more gin.

    She told us that when she passed on there would be no need to bury her, she was already so pickled she would last for ever and we could just stand her up in the corner and no one would notice the difference,

  • Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    Reminds me of a Barmaid I used to work with, her tipple was Gin. Gin with anything, but usually more gin.

    She told us that when she passed on there would be no need to bury her, she was already so pickled she would last for ever and we could just stand her up in the corner and no one would notice the difference,

    I actually don't drink that often, I just know what I like. :-)

  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,843
    edited January 2013

    chohole said:
    Think it's fitting Szark you got the first post on page 100.. nice work buddy - and everyone else who has contributed to this, including all the brilliant artwork.

    Here is to the next 100 pages

    *cracks open a beer*

    CHEERS!


    Ah but the important post is the first one on page 101. That's when we split it off. Mine's a whiskey please.

    Oh we still split the threads in the new forums?

    Whiskeys all round!


    Whoo-hoo! Happy Hundred everybody!

    But that's a good question -- fun as this is, why are topics still being restarted after 100 pages? I thought that was one of the issues that moving to the new store/forum software was supposed to fix.

    Well, do you trust the new system to be robust enough to handle a multi-hundred page thread?


    Fair point. :shut:

    So, here we are in the new topic, JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]. JAS IV? Hmmmm, good idea, right into the bloodstream -- mainline a pint of Jack. ;-P

    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,763
    edited December 1969

    Oh, don't get me wrong, she didn't drink often, only during working hours. She had a half pint glass permanently on the corner of the bar, and the level in it never varied much. :roll: The level in the gin optic did go down, but I mean to say, we were a pub, there were customers around, and I am sure some of them must have drunk Gin.

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 4,787
    edited December 1969

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we are.

    IV.. love it! Yea, right into the bloodstream, it's quicker that way...

  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,272
    edited December 1969

    something special about a thread with a IV in it i feel, My little green box thread is only on it's 2nd hundred, hmm i should probably pop in more often ;)

    Congratulations *raises a glass* tho not of Gin :D

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 4,787
    edited December 1969

    *raises glass*

    Cheers!

  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,069
    edited December 1969

    HAPPY NEXT HUNDRED PAGES!!!!!

    I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I just want to celebrate . . . ~sorry folks I really do try to sing on key~

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,731
    edited December 1969

    Another party is in order

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 4,787
    edited December 1969

    Yea, we need a thread-warming party!

  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,272
    edited December 1969

    I have cookies, *hands round large plate of cookies*

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,731
    edited December 1969

    I have a big turkey waiting to be cooked up. Sorry I'm all out of booze though.

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 8,781
    edited December 1969

    you're all mad...stark raving bonkers...

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,763
    edited December 1969

    I read that as Szark raving bonkers. Must need some glasses. :roll:

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,371
    edited January 2013

    *noms cookies* (^.^)

    Szark raving bonkers? ... oh noes, the secret is out! ;-) ;-) :P

    Post edited by M F M on
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

    Just wanted to jump in and say how much I love your stuff, Jack - just bought all the GIS models and the outfit as well. Really looking forward to trying them out. Thank you for all your hard work! :)

  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

    [Raises a virtual Newcastle Ale, and toasts.] :lol:

    Yay to a new thread! When I opened the link to the previous JAS-thread, it was a "Couldn't find thread"-warning in red. Probably a newish post before the thread was surgically separated by le moderateur.

    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,069
    edited December 1969

    I have cookies, *hands round large plate of cookies*

    Ohhhh, any chocolate? Huh? Huh? I NEED MY CHOCOLATE FIX!!! :ahhh:

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 4,787
    edited December 1969

    I think I can sort that with wifey's latest batch of chocolate brownies! :)

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 8,781
    edited December 1969

    Yeah thanks cho and MFM for that...I was laughing so much yesterday I could think of a worthy riposte and I still can't. :P But yes it wouldn't be far from the truth...It is all Jack's fault. Before I meet Jack I was quite sane. ;)

    Hide the chocolate

  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,069
    edited December 1969

    I think I can sort that with wifey's latest batch of chocolate brownies! :)

    YES!!!

    Hide the chocolate


    ~GASP~ I always thought you were my friend Pete! Hide the chocolate indeed!! ~Hmmmph~

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 4,787
    edited December 1969

    Szark said:
    ...It is all Jack's fault. Before I meet Jack I was quite sane. ;)

    It's always my fault! ;)

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 8,781
    edited December 1969

    Miss B said:
    [
    Szark said:
    Hide the chocolate

    ~GASP~ I always thought you were my friend Pete! Hide the chocolate indeed!! ~Hmmmph~
    I am that is why I said hide them...I am saving you from yourself.....

    ...ok truth is want the chocs all to myself. :)

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,371
    edited December 1969

    Could always hide the chocolate IN Miss B ;-).

  • TotteTotte Posts: 6,999
    edited December 1969

    I turn my attention to RL and you all go nuts!

    Seeing Miss B chasing Pete across Jacks quiet little local pub screaming for chocolate is just too much.
    Counting everyone in... 1.2.3 ....12.14!


    Bartender give me 14 glasses of whiskey, they best whiskey you have!

    (turning to you guys)

    Now you can order ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Rocket Fuel