Very nice render - just wondering, did you set the stuff up in Max by hand, or do you use an importer?
And thanks for your kind words. Means a lot coming from you.
Quick workflow Sketch:
1) Set up preset in DAZ - delete instances but retain core preset placement to reduce work in Max
2) Export - import into Max using obj format
3) Transfer standard Mats to Mental Ray and A&D Mats using macros I wrote available here—> http://sdrv.ms/ZVnsfo
4) I use photometric lights - for each lamp I set up an inside light at very low intensity, then an outside one and exclude the lamp (better for area lighting)
5) Drape the cape use massFX cloth modifer
6) Recreate the instances based on your original setup, set up camera, tweak and render
(One tweak was editing the lamp mesh to redefine a new materal layer for the glass part alone, easy enough to do)
It sounds complicated, but it actually is less than 15 minutes once you get the workflow down. I do the volume light effect in Photoshop using Ron’s Bokeh and light brushes. They are very hard to get exact in Max, as well as taking forever to rendr.
In my signature there is a link for anyone else interested in using Max for more resources.
Again, thanks for your words