Total Votes: 37
You must be a logged-in member to vote
CCMP Year 1: Vote for your favorite Story Line
Posted: 02 February 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2004-12-08

Hey Dartanbeck ,
Here is my rig aligned with the Man model but not attached.  I have an issue with the left hand’s IK Target helper as i get flipped , somehow when I duplicate the rlight arm skeleton to the left side it messes up the IK chain or something.  I have bones for the eyes/jaw and a couple for the chest area which helps when moving the arms etc. Hope this helps

I just updated the file , here is the new link..

https://www.box.com/s/luybw7czjejh7puiw8vx

Posted: 02 February 2013 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Thanks, Mike.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 08 February 2013 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  157
Joined  2008-12-02

just bumping this up so maybe some more folks might think of particpating——-Its probably about time we either decide to use the winner here or work further on another story.

rich

Signature 

Rich

Favorite items   Cararra   - Modo -    Animation Master-    Houdini

Posted: 15 February 2013 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4932
Joined  2004-07-01

some thing to shoot for -

walk cycle
http://youtu.be/hlWgHYNfuac

great animation
http://youtu.be/X-cNFyvXiY8

Posted: 16 February 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2008-05-20

Delurking. I think the problem here is trying to choose between apples and oranges: the duck story is a story, while the alien visitors is only a story idea lacking a clear protagonist and arc.

Eg. If one alien desperate because his world is about to be destroyed is being shown all kind of possible new homes on Earth by a sympathetic human, now you have characters to hang on to and care about, urgency because of imminent disaster, and a possible arc—success or failure of the search (ie comedy or tragedy).

Obviously far better stories could be created out of the initial idea, but you get the idea. I’m sure there are no shortage of writers around here, but I volunteer to help with that stage if you need someone.

Posted: 16 February 2013 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2005-12-23

Check this out. And other toons like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEXvsGe657Q

There are many toons with ducks and a bunch about aliens.

Not a bad idea but I agree there needs to be a story.

Craig

Posted: 16 February 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

There is no doubt that story is critical——-at least if you are trying to make something special. As is the hope with the community movie project.
It does take some effort to come up with a story but it always pays off in the end. And actually based on some of the various displays of talent here with Carrra —-I think we are really not that limited by technical issues as much as I personally might have thought—-so I for one will start giving it another go .

rich

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 18 February 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8436
Joined  2009-07-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPqzDWyOoo not ““the CCMP movie!”

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 19 February 2013 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2004-12-08

Nice job Wendy.  cool smile

wendy♥catz - 18 February 2013 10:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKPqzDWyOoo not ““the CCMP movie!”

Posted: 21 February 2013 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

To whom it may concern,
I felt that it would be a good idea to consolidate links to all of the CMP threads into one page. You can go there directly by following this link or simply go to the stickied Carrara Information Thread where you’ll find a link at the top of the first post.
Hope this helps - and hope to be helping sometime soon.

Dartanbeck

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 21 February 2013 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4932
Joined  2004-07-01
Dartanbeck - 21 February 2013 06:28 AM

To whom it may concern,
I felt that it would be a good idea to consolidate links to all of the CMP threads into one page. You can go there directly by following this link or simply go to the stickied Carrara Information Thread where you’ll find a link at the top of the first post.
Hope this helps - and hope to be helping sometime soon.

Dartanbeck

come back in March wink

Posted: 23 February 2013 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1098
Joined  2007-10-15

So I’m curious…

How is the Carrara Community doing on the super awesome movie project? Personally, i didn’t think the effort would last more than a few weeks, but to my surprise it seemed to surpass that by a week or two.

But now it seems the body is starting to turn cold and rigid…not even much twitching going on.

So has all the work gone underground via PM’s and stuff, or is the community not as much a community as everyone thought? I just hope it doesn’t go the same way as all the other similar projects that have been started here.

Posted: 23 February 2013 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

Joe, I think to some degree you may be right—at least to a point.  I think there are some of the core folks still working on things or brushing up some skills or learning new ones even especially in regards to animating characters.

I for one have been doing that—-while also trying to conjour up another story as maybe that kind of seperated the scarce resources into seperate camps having this voting going on.  And 34 votes was a little weak I admit—another indication perhaps of a lacking storyline.

I do not think the idea of the Community Movie Project has been dropped per se but giving folks rl constraints—-this would be pretty normal until a definite project got started. Also I think this buzz about a carrara annoucement in february has sort of distracted many as well.

All that said—Hopefully we regain some momentum.

Rich

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 04 March 2013 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2006-05-26

I’ve been away for a bit. But I will be back full swing soon. Seems there is a lot of fun to be had along the way with this, the threads are very revealing. The test project has kind of shifted focus away from the original goal, which might not be a bad thing. For now I think we can allow this polling thread to mature and focus on the test project and its completion.

Time to get the ball rolling. Time for talk is about done.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 04 March 2013 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

hey Rashad—good to see your returning to the project. I think the excitement of 8.5 in summer and 9.0 end of year or beginning of next has brought a very nice positive feeling back here. Also there is a new push to get the Carrara Cafe to be even more useful and fun—so that’s neat too. So things are starting to get going in very good directions as far as Carrara is concerned.

I also have been thinking of some additional story ideas but yet to hammer one out that made it from a- z and still be compelling. Smiles. Anyhow good to see soon you will have more time to spend on the community Movie project.

Rich

Signature 

Rich

6 of 6