Total Votes: 37
You must be a logged-in member to vote
CCMP Year 1: Vote for your favorite Story Line
Posted: 01 February 2013 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6095
Joined  2007-12-04

Man… this is a really good concept, when you read through it. I really like this little duck. The Geese will be a lot of fun too.
BTW, what’s the dude and coin thing. Is that part of the duck thing? I’m lost.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 01 February 2013 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
mmoir - 30 January 2013 07:44 PM

Hey ,
Here is my attempt at mixing the 2 stories together in storyboard form.  I am far from a creative writer but I think this works , let me know what you think.

Why, did you want them merged? Or should we just work on both? Seems to be enough interest going for both?
I like what you’ve done, so perhaps doing this would actually be doing story#1, with Going South as the first episode. Anyways, I’m really pumped up for Going South. Is it going to be a Cutsie movie or more ... hmmm should probably go for like a cute 3d… Has this been decided?

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 01 February 2013 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2004-12-08

Dartanbeck,
  Nothing has been decided yet but there seemed to be not that much interest so I thought merging the alien story would pique the interest of the sci-fi people and they would be more willing to help. 
  The man with the coin(easy come easy go) storyboard is just a practice or dry run for the larger film to help iron out the process
Mike

Posted: 01 February 2013 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-08

Hey Dartanbeck,
  If you check out the first post in the thread at the attached link you will find the assets we have got.  Basically we are looking for a walk cycle for the “Man” model , so rig and animate him.  I will post the storyboard for this dry ren clip shortly.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15703/

and here is the storyboard for the “Easy Come Easy Go” dry run clip we are doing.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15162/

Posted: 01 February 2013 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply wink

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1317
Joined  2008-01-01

Aaah - a nibble from an animator:

Strike!  Reel in slowly and get him on board - this is a big fish to catch:)

Posted: 02 February 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2008-12-02

Dartenbeck—and everyone—-else to kind of recap the community movie progression.

What we had done at first was come up with a few ideas for stories. Then Mcguiver came forward and said he had started a animation idea with some ducks—His story was “going south” . He also had done some nice work on a couple of duck models. Seeing these models as making a great start I took his movie idea and added a little detail to the story to what we currently had been voting on here along with three the other stories. Then Rashad came along and kind of organized things and setup “jobs” for people in the production of the movie—at least a start to get some organization. He and Mmoir are the producers. We had to start somewhere. So then being a community project we decided to have a vote on the stories we had had so far and hence this poll set up by daz forum moderators—(thanks again)

Concurrently - the idea came along that we really needed some “practice” on how to work together to make a community movie so we created the first shot practice movie thread of “easy come easy go” . Mmoir had put out the wristwatch as some modeling practice and some folks chimed in. We also worked out some storyboards and some ideas how to use Carrara for storyboarding. This is when Antara made some sketches of the alien head as who knew at the time if we were not going to be making an alien movie. Then Mmoir made a boy character and Wendycatz added face morphs . This guy will be used for the “easy come easy go ” first shot practice animation. Then a coin was made and some folks worked on getting more animation working on the dude for easy come easy go.

So watching the voting eagerly in this thread—-we had been hoping for more votes and participation. And so we are just trying to get more participation at this time ....and the “easy come easy go” first shot movie is a great way to start on things until we solidify the movie idea. I think the folks we have on board are great and willing to work hard but we really want to do something special. Not just do it.

So some of the folks have been particpating and some leading in a major way like Mmoir and some just helping, making models, storyboard, rigs etc and some just commenting or making story ideas and some just giving advice but still—-its all good just to participate;
So I have tried to run through all the threads of which there are too many—(smiles ) and here is the list of folks who have participated in at least some fashion . If I missed anyone let me know and I apologize.

Rashad
Mmoir
Antara
Mcguiver
Headwax
3dage
Roygee
wendycatz
Dartanbeck
emeyer
ckalan1
RoguePilot
3dview
tugpsx
varsel
Ooseven
Frank_
bigh
evilproducer
joemama2000
3doutlaw
3drendero
BC Rice
petef
Age of Armour
stu sutcliffe
ErikAtMapache
gaffer2
holly wetcircuit
CarltonMartin
de3an
booksbydavid
Jay_nola
dbuchter
curved design

So not exactly a huge list but not a meager one either. Hopefully we get more as this progresses forward. ANd more folks become more actively particpating. It is a community project. So progress is not going to be in a straight line always——and sometimes we will need to go back to the start as it were if necessary——-its just the nature of the beast. The key is participation and support and the willingness to work together.

rich

So it may seem a little chaotic what we have been doing so far—so I hope this helps a little to see what we are trying to do.

Signature 

Rich

Favorite items   Cararra   - Modo -    Animation Master-    Houdini

Posted: 02 February 2013 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-08

Dartanbeck,
  Here is more files that I updated the box site with.

https://www.box.com/s/y3walcf21qd7s08i4so2    Coin model by Roygee
https://www.box.com/s/aelcpymmdgmlpnh0ewnh  Terrain Model by mmoir
https://www.box.com/s/x0hjyhw8xwx0yv09ev16  Watch Update 3dage
https://www.box.com/s/jabpmbdvixy0hvu53bj9  Man Model update Fix pocket on back by mmoir

mmoir - 01 February 2013 07:58 PM

Hey Dartanbeck,
  If you check out the first post in the thread at the attached link you will find the assets we have got.  Basically we are looking for a walk cycle for the “Man” model , so rig and animate him.  I will post the storyboard for this dry ren clip shortly.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15703/

and here is the storyboard for the “Easy Come Easy Go” dry run clip we are doing.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15162/

Posted: 02 February 2013 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Roygee - 02 February 2013 12:59 AM

Aaah - a nibble from an animator:

Strike!  Reel in slowly and get him on board - this is a big fish to catch:)

lol red face

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7459
Joined  2009-07-13

now, if you could just incorporate Rosie into the storyline, you will have him hook, line and sinker!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
3dView - 02 February 2013 06:53 AM

So it may seem a little chaotic what we have been doing so far—so I hope this helps a little to see what we are trying to do.

Thanks for this, Rich. You were able to read my plea, huh! Thanks.
I downloaded the stuff. I’ve been browsing all along, at watching the poll as you have… eagerly awaiting more. But looking at this list of folks just makes me smile - because it’s perfect to get this thing going. Some of you may be new, and others just may not know, but there is a great mix of really smart, really ambitious, really helpful, really supportive people on board - which is the perfect way to begin.

Did I say I got all the stuff? I’m in a huge hurry as all of my family is taking Rosie an I out for Birthday Dinner, only this year, since they’re coming out here - in the sticks - instead of us driving forever, they’ve made it Birthday Lunch instead. Can’t wait to see everyone again!

I’ll chime in soon. I’m not sure if the man model I have is the one Wendy or Roy rigged already, or if I get to try my hand - for the first time - at rigging in Carrara. But I’m ready to drop him into the scene and start uploading some video footage for our directors to play with, comment on, keep, junk… Don’t ever be afraid to tell me - “Hey… I just want a Head Shot… A Head Shot!!!!” (got that one from an old Daffy Dick shot) but… I’m just sayin’. If I crank out 20 video clips and it turns out that none of them work because of one-to-several details, or whatever… I don’t mind. I’ll do them all over again. Did I ever mention that I Love this?!!!

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
wendy♥catz - 02 February 2013 10:02 AM

now, if you could just incorporate Rosie into the storyline, you will have him hook, line and sinker!

What? <loses himself in thought… a smile flushes across his face>
I could do that…

lol
Anyways - really quick…
I haven’t seen (as I recall, anyhow) McGuyver’s ducks. Are they cool? Are they done or need some tweaks - are they rigged, etc.,
Although I know my priorities lie with getting Easy going, I’m interested ion seeing those ducks. As mentioned, there are far too many threads going - if anyone knows where there’s a pic of those ducks…
and How the H. E. Double Toothpicks do I spell McGuyver? lol
I’ve been daydreaming some great close-up expressions animations with a really cute Mallard Duck toon - but with a totally realistic surrounding environment. I say toon, but I’d like to try some other way of getting that sort of appearance - as I wanted a very realistic eye surface detail. Anyways… gotta go - Rosie will kick!
Note the eyes

Image Attachments
Doc1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-12-08

Dartanbeck,
  Here is a link to the duck image of McGuiver.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=66&aid=44091_KmYzrKfhcug9oAVyB2uV

Posted: 02 February 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7459
Joined  2009-07-13
Dartanbeck - 02 February 2013 10:05 AM
3dView - 02 February 2013 06:53 AM

Thanks for this, Rich. You were able to read my plea, huh! Thanks.
I downloaded the stuff. I’ve been browsing all along, at watching the poll as you have… eagerly awaiting more. But looking at this list of folks just makes me smile - because it’s perfect to get this thing going. Some of you may be new, and others just may not know, but there is a great mix of really smart, really ambitious, really helpful, really supportive people on board - which is the perfect way to begin.

Did I say I got all the stuff? I’m in a huge hurry as all of my family is taking Rosie an I out for Birthday Dinner, only this year, since they’re coming out here - in the sticks - instead of us driving forever, they’ve made it Birthday Lunch instead. Can’t wait to see everyone again!

I’ll chime in soon. I’m not sure if the man model I have is the one Wendy or Roy rigged already, or if I get to try my hand - for the first time - at rigging in Carrara. But I’m ready to drop him into the scene and start uploading some video footage for our directors to play with, comment on, keep, junk… Don’t ever be afraid to tell me - “Hey… I just want a Head Shot… A Head Shot!!!!” (got that one from an old Daffy Dick shot) but… I’m just sayin’. If I crank out 20 video clips and it turns out that none of them work because of one-to-several details, or whatever… I don’t mind. I’ll do them all over again. Did I ever mention that I Love this?!!!

you would only have mine I am afraid as the others have not uploaded their rigs to share .

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 02 February 2013 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
mmoir - 02 February 2013 12:26 PM

Dartanbeck,
  Here is a link to the duck image of McGuiver.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=66&aid=44091_KmYzrKfhcug9oAVyB2uV

I like the ducks. They look really good - and also would be great for animating expressions, which I’m sure was his idea fromthe start. Do they qualify - are they Carrara models? Are they rigged (not a big deal, either way, just asking)? And… really important to be honest about this one, McGuiver, would it bother you if I were to take a few ‘liberties’ towards individualizing them?
Beautiful models, though.

Signature 

5 of 6