Going South 22
Total Votes: 37
You must be a logged-in member to vote
CCMP Year 1: Vote for your favorite Story Line
Posted: 15 January 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  732
Joined  2006-05-26

We’ve been busy at work thinking on story lines for the Year 1 Project. Please vote for your favorite story line. Below the poll you will find a synopsis of each of the story lines as I understand them so far. Please review the synopsis and vote on your favorite. I have presented the ideas in the order in which they were proposed.

Thanks for your participation.

Alien Visitors Synopsis:
A large “Mother Ship” Type vessel approaches Earth. It breaks apart into smaller vessels, and each of these vessels then travel to various different locations on Earth, from snowy mountain tops to forests to deep undersea scenarios. After they conclude their exploration, the Aliens return to space, reassemble or re-dock onto the original mother vessel, and then fly off toward the Milky May.

Descendants of Ray Dream Synopsis:
There is a race of sentient robots which battle for control over the power of Carrara. The “Carrara” is a type of device (shaped like a letter C, an amulet type of item) created by a long lost ancient civilization that was highly advanced. Descendants of the original ray dream (descendants of that original race) for which there are very few left, are the only members who can access the full power of the Carrara device. The Carrara device enables time and space travel via space-time portals, it can create force fields and other notions. Ideally, the Carrara has limitless power, but it too can fall into the wrong hands leading to incredible destruction. For this reason Carrara users must be carefully trained otherwise they risk more than they would gain in trying to use the device. The story begins when a young descendant is attacked by his powerful Uncle. The uncle assumes that he can control the entire Universe if he can collect his nephew’s Carrara device. The teacher and protector and step father of the kid robot defends him enough for the kid bot to escape to a safe location by using the Carrara device. The Uncle spends the next several years hunting down the escaped kid, only to find the kid as an adult capable of fighting him off and saving the day.

Overlord Carrara Synopsis:  For Sample Artwork follow this link: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14495/P60

Overlord ( on Carrara world )- What news

Tech 1 - Zim 6 is ready
      Hunters are live

Tech 2 - overlord - we have found a world with prey - they call it earth

Overlord - excellent - How long to finish Zim 6

Tech 2 - 8 Revolution

Overlord - Commence

Tech 1 - we are sending the collectors now overlord

Going South Synopsis:  For sample artwork follow this link: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14495/P105
This is one of the stories of three Canadian mallard ducks named Zach, Wack and Quack. Brothers actually but very different of feather. The ducks knew this year would be not much different then the others - Another year putting up with those big, know it all, braggart geese. They could not stand sharing the lake with these guys and as fall approached it only got worse. As goose after goose would tease and make fun of the silly smaller ducks incessantly. However unknowing to the other brothers Wack (Determined to change the status quo) makes a rather large bet with the leader of the Geese of lake Summertime that he and his brothers would beat all the Geese to Mississippi this year. The leader, a goose named Honker laughed heartily at the sheer ridiculousness that these three silly ducks could beat his gaggle. He accepted the bet and knew in his heart there was no way he could lose either playing fair or not. The adventure begins with a series of adventures and misadventures as the three brothers attempt to beat the geese to the southern migration spot. Along the way they meet a dragonfly named Copter and a frog named Crocker who aid them along the way. In the end after many mishaps, the Ducks do arrive ahead of the geese. Oh and that bet…....it was simple. If the ducks beat the geese the geese had to shut up all winter. And so it was .......the most peaceful southern vacation of Wack, Zach , Quack and Copter.

Please let me know if I have omitted any story lines we discussed in the other thread. Thanks in advance to the moderators for helping out with setting up this poll.

Signature 

Please view my Daz3d User Gallery
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/465/

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14318
Joined  2003-10-09

Poll added.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 January 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-26

Thank you, Richard!!

Signature 

Posted: 15 January 2013 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7674
Joined  2009-07-13

you left out Cowrara!
Guess Sockratease and I will need to collab on our OWN project!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 January 2013 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4772
Joined  2004-07-01

the way the voting is going - guess I will have to do one by myself
fun time any way

Posted: 15 January 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

my vote up for grabs if anyone wants it, I cannot read results otherwise!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 January 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2008-12-02

I think the “Going South’ story can have a lot of possibilities and McGuiver’s original characters and ideas incubated what we have right now. This is kind of general storyline as a starting point and a framework to use for the Movie Project .  Hopefully McGuiver can weigh in on some more since it was his duck idea to begin with.

Any choice is going to have some folks happy and some not. Hopefully, even with a story you are not so fond of people will work on the project and show what can be done within the Carrara Community and Carrara itself.

There are lots of opportunities for people to participate with this project and it will takes lots of participation to get it going and becoming something real.

Signature 

Rich

Favorite items   Cararra   - Modo -    Animation Master-    Houdini

Posted: 15 January 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  0

I will help when & however I can….on whatever project is chosen.

By looking at all the animated films I have watched, or purchased throughout the years, I see the storyline and characters must draw the audience into the film. Drama, comedy, fright and feelings toward the character(s) will all help.
My personal preference is comedy…...laughter is always great!

I will, however, obstain from voting….others can decide. smile

Posted: 15 January 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13
McGuiver - 15 January 2013 06:41 PM

I will help when & however I can….on whatever project is chosen.

By looking at all the animated films I have watched, or purchased throughout the years, I see the storyline and characters must draw the audience into the film. Drama, comedy, fright and feelings toward the character(s) will all help.
My personal preference is comedy…...laughter is always great!

I will, however, obstain from voting….others can decide. smile

So I voted for you!
even though I am just an interested bysatander
Going South is the clear leader BTW

update visitors gaining ground rapidly!!

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 16 January 2013 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

Voted! cheese

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2003-10-09

Also voted.

-AniMajik

Signature 

-AniMajik
-Current Show:SpaceCat 4 Part 3 (and Conclusion)
FatCatAlley.com/cgi-bin/fc.pl?m=current&v=d&
FCA Halloween Special Coming Oct 1st.  SpaceCat 4 continues again on Nov 1st

Posted: 16 January 2013 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

—————Voting is always good fun——-so hopefully some more folks join in.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4772
Joined  2004-07-01

when does the voting end ?

Posted: 16 January 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

Im not sure if Rashad—had a time limit set in mind——-since its new I would guess at least a few days maybe till weekend?

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 17 January 2013 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-26

The results of the poll are getting interesting. I wouldn’t want to call it a win too soon. Let’s give it one more day, then close the voting. The race is definitely heating up. Very happy with the results of the poll so far but its not my final decision, its up to the commune.

FYI… ANYONE from the community can vote, not just those who plan to participate. I would have expected 50 or more votes by now. Where is everyone?

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2013 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2003-10-09
Rashad Carter - 17 January 2013 01:53 AM

The results of the poll are getting interesting. I wouldn’t want to call it a win too soon. Let’s give it one more day, then close the voting. The race is definitely heating up. Very happy with the results of the poll so far but its not my final decision, its up to the commune.

FYI… ANYONE from the community can vote, not just those who plan to participate. I would have expected 50 or more votes by now. Where is everyone?

Well, I’d have missed this post altogether if I hadn’t seen a post with a link to this on Renderosity’s C forum.
It takes a while as not everyone frequent the Daz forum on a daily basis.

-AniMajik

Signature 

-AniMajik
-Current Show:SpaceCat 4 Part 3 (and Conclusion)
FatCatAlley.com/cgi-bin/fc.pl?m=current&v=d&
FCA Halloween Special Coming Oct 1st.  SpaceCat 4 continues again on Nov 1st

1 of 6