Digital Art Zone

DAZ3D Studio 64bit and 32bit issues/errors
Posted: 05 June 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-05

Hi, Im new to the 3d world and found daz3d studio which seems promising for being free and its capabilities. I have several issues.

I have installed the 32bit and 64bit version of daz3d studio to my laptop which has the following specs:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
-4GB RAM
-AMD Turion 2.2Ghz
-Upong running “About your video card” inside of DAZ3D 64-bit I get this:
Current OpenGL Version:
2.0.6747 Release

OpenGL Provider:
ATI Technologies Inc.

Hardware:
ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

Features:
MultiTexturing
Supported

Shadow Map
Supported

Hardware Antialiasing
Supported

OpenGL Shading Language
Supported

Pixel Buffer
Supported

Pixel Buffer Size
Not Enabled

Maximum Number of Lights

Number of Texture Units

Maximum Texture Size
2048 x 2048

64-Bit Studio issues:
When I open it, all I see is a black workspace background and nothing else. I tried changing the workspace layout to the others available but nothing, it keeps showing a black background(see attach image). When I choose to render(CTRL+R), it seems to render the model correctly and viewable(see attach image).

My questions: Is my machine now powerful enough for DAZ3d? Is my video hardware not supported for 3d modeling at all?

32-Bit Studio issues:
When I try to open it seems like it wants to load but then it gives me “DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0023:0AB10E00” error(see attach image). Program doesnt open at all. I have tried running as administrator and changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP but with not success. Is it because my OS is 64-bit and it doesnt support the 32-bit version of DAZ?

Sorry for the long post but I hope someone can share any helpful input to my situation. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Image Attachments
1daz3d_studio_64bit_blackworkspace.png
2daz3d_studio_64bit_rendered.png
3daz3d_studio_32bit_error.png

Posted: 05 June 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17

Welcome to ATI.  This is a problem with all of the current ATI drivers and OpenGL right now.  There is a Null reference that is causing the OpenGL layer to crash.  Try uninstalling the ATI drivers, installing the generic Windows drivers, rebooting, download a previous Video Driver fro ATI/AMD and install that.  Even the ATI Linux drivers crash out on OpenGL right now.

Kendall

lyonitiss - 05 June 2012 09:46 PM

Hi, Im new to the 3d world and found daz3d studio which seems promising for being free and its capabilities. I have several issues.

I have installed the 32bit and 64bit version of daz3d studio to my laptop which has the following specs:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
-4GB RAM
-AMD Turion 2.2Ghz
-Upong running “About your video card” inside of DAZ3D 64-bit I get this:
Current OpenGL Version:
2.0.6747 Release

OpenGL Provider:
ATI Technologies Inc.

Hardware:
ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

Features:
MultiTexturing
Supported

Shadow Map
Supported

Hardware Antialiasing
Supported

OpenGL Shading Language
Supported

Pixel Buffer
Supported

Pixel Buffer Size
Not Enabled

Maximum Number of Lights

Number of Texture Units

Maximum Texture Size
2048 x 2048

64-Bit Studio issues:
When I open it, all I see is a black workspace background and nothing else. I tried changing the workspace layout to the others available but nothing, it keeps showing a black background(see attach image). When I choose to render(CTRL+R), it seems to render the model correctly and viewable(see attach image).

My questions: Is my machine now powerful enough for DAZ3d? Is my video hardware not supported for 3d modeling at all?

32-Bit Studio issues:
When I try to open it seems like it wants to load but then it gives me “DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0023:0AB10E00” error(see attach image). Program doesnt open at all. I have tried running as administrator and changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP but with not success. Is it because my OS is 64-bit and it doesnt support the 32-bit version of DAZ?

Sorry for the long post but I hope someone can share any helpful input to my situation. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-05
Kendall Sears - 05 June 2012 10:02 PM

Welcome to ATI.  This is a problem with all of the current ATI drivers and OpenGL right now.  There is a Null reference that is causing the OpenGL layer to crash.  Try uninstalling the ATI drivers, installing the generic Windows drivers, rebooting, download a previous Video Driver fro ATI/AMD and install that.  Even the ATI Linux drivers crash out on OpenGL right now.

Kendall

Tried steps above with no success. I still get black screen…. I guess im SOL with having ATI…..? :S