compatibility with DAZ 4.5
Posted: 22 January 2013 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2012-12-21
Szark - 22 January 2013 06:03 AM
jvdesuit1 - 21 January 2013 01:00 PM
Szark - 21 January 2013 12:56 PM

Scaling< Rotation, and Translation (in all 3 axis) can all be found in the Parameters Pane when the item is selected.

Yes I know that, but I don’t think It can be applied to the individual constituant of the field of grass which is a whole set, but may be I’m wrong. I’ll check.

Sorry I missed the bit of information about scaling a portion/part of an object. Wihout knowing what product it is I have no why of knowing if it has separte parts that can be scaled…or you could use the D-Former tool.

You’re speaking here of my problem with the grass, are you?

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 22 January 2013 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8142
Joined  2009-05-14

Yes I was

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 22 January 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21
Szark - 22 January 2013 06:20 AM

Yes I was

what about the following problem I’d like to solve with that set of walls

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 22 January 2013 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

I will try

I take it the the Walls etc are one model, meaning when selected in the Scene Pane it doesn’t have a tree of bones that can expanded?

If it is one model/mesh and you want to split parts then option 1 is to take the model in to a modeling program eg;Blender and do it manually.

Option 2t can be done inside Daz Studio 4.5 but is not so much splitting and removing parts but a case of Hiding want you don’t want via the use of the Polygon Group Editor Tool http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14082/#204267

Option 1 gives you the freedom to move the separated parts individually
Option 2 does not. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 22 January 2013 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21
Szark - 22 January 2013 06:33 AM

I will try

I take it the the Walls etc are one model, meaning when selected in the Scene Pane it doesn’t have a tree of bones that can expanded?

If it is one model/mesh and you want to split parts then option 1 is to take the model in to a modeling program eg;Blender and do it manually.

Option 2t can be done inside Daz Studio 4.5 but is not so much splitting and removing parts but a case of Hiding want you don’t want via the use of the Polygon Group Editor Tool http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14082/#204267

Option 1 gives you the freedom to move the separated parts individually
Option 2 does not. smile

Yes it’s only one model , that’s the first thing I checked. On one of my attempts to convert the collada file from Sketchup , I had a series of mesh shown after the import in DAZ. Could that be a solution if I am able to identify which mesh relates to?

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 22 January 2013 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Also if for example one wall had its own Material Zone then setting that surface to 0% Opacity will hide that wall.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21
Szark - 22 January 2013 06:40 AM

Also if for example one wall had its own Material Zone then setting that surface to 0% Opacity will hide that wall.

I think I’ve found the way to solve the problem; I’ve exported the object to Bryce and made as many seperate objects as necessary deleting the elements to leave just one on the screen to save under an other obj name, etc. Normally it should work when I import the new objects in DAZ.

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Nice one. Yeah as you can see Bryce and Daz Studio read the same object differently…lucky the model maker made it in such a way that this was possible…good luck with your project.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21
Szark - 22 January 2013 08:38 AM

Nice one. Yeah as you can see Bryce and Daz Studio read the same object differently…lucky the model maker made it in such a way that this was possible…good luck with your project.

Yeah, I’ve made one part remains 2 others to do later; I’m tired having woken up at 3am and could not sleep after. I’m a bit anxious with a surgery I have to undertake on feb 5th…:-S. I’ll take a little nap now.

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 22 January 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21

Here is another problem I face.
Once I have created the different roman walls above I intsalled manually the different files in DAZ folders as below:

in My doculents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Geometries/Mur Romain/ all the obj. and mtl files
in My doculents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/Textures/Mur Romain/ all the Textures files and png icons

When I checked in the Content Library where the “Mur Romain” folder was, I was unable to find it. Obviously I have missed or made something wrong in my installation. I still of course can import each time the set by going manually into the proper folder but this is
rather ridiculous and I should prefer to use the usual content method.

What should I correct?

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 22 January 2013 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6773
Joined  2005-08-15

What did the Mur Romain item consist of.  The usual way is for a CR2 (Character file), or a PP2 (PropFile) to call the OBJ file, and load it that way.  If you do not have one of those, then just save your item as a Scene or Scene Subset, and load it that way.

Posted: 22 January 2013 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14830
Joined  2003-10-09

The folders inside Runtime are mostly hidden inside DS - only the actual Poser library folders in \Runtime\Libraries show - though you can reach them using the vrowse… button for textures or File>Import. As Jimmy says, you would be best off saving the things as a DAZ Studio Sceen Subset, or even as a Figure/Prop asset (File>Save as>Support Asset) as that saves embedding the geometry in each scene you use the item in. Using the native format will also do a better job of preserving material settings than exporting to OBJ or to a Poser file.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 January 2013 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21
Richard Haseltine - 22 January 2013 04:42 PM

The folders inside Runtime are mostly hidden inside DS - only the actual Poser library folders in \Runtime\Libraries show - though you can reach them using the vrowse… button for textures or File>Import. As Jimmy says, you would be best off saving the things as a DAZ Studio Sceen Subset, or even as a Figure/Prop asset (File>Save as>Support Asset) as that saves embedding the geometry in each scene you use the item in. Using the native format will also do a better job of preserving material settings than exporting to OBJ or to a Poser file.

Thanks Richard and Jimmy. Then if I get it right, I should not use the export obj option in Bryce when I transfer the files after I have ungrouped the elements of the sketchup initial object? Or is it once I’ve imported the files inside DAZ that using the Figure/Prop asset (File>Save as>Support Asset) that the transformation will occur. Does it mean that I should change manually the place I put the folders? If so where should they go?

Those questions may seem awkward to you but I really I’m a beginner and learn on the spot the basics without any knowledge of the way those things developed as far as programing is concerned. Sometimes when I read some of the tutorials here i have the impression to read chinese!:-) so be so kind as to be very basic in your explanations, the only way for me to get it rignt and retain the method is to get the basics of the operation I should do. Sorry to bother you like that.

Signature 

Claude

Posted: 23 January 2013 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

This is how I do this sort of thing.

1: Bryce save out adjusted model as OBJ to a folder of your choice meaning File > EXPORT
2: Open Daz Studio and IMPORT your adjusted model File > Import > navigate to where the model is.
3: If you want to save these parts so they can be loaded in to any new scenes then use the File > Save As Scene Subest command

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 23 January 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-21
Szark - 23 January 2013 06:00 AM

This is how I do this sort of thing.

1: Bryce save out adjusted model as OBJ to a folder of your choice meaning File > EXPORT
2: Open Daz Studio and IMPORT your adjusted model File > Import > navigate to where the model is.
3: If you want to save these parts so they can be loaded in to any new scenes then use the File > Save As Scene Subest command

Ok So I don’t need to have a set of folders for the files themselves in that case?

Signature 

Claude

4 of 5