Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Grey block after Zbrush
Posted: 14 January 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-10-08

Once more. Phew puritanicals are vicious : )

Image Attachments
bad.jpggood.jpg

Posted: 15 January 2013 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2012-10-08

I wasn’t saving as > support asset > figure/prop asset.  Once I did this for each morphed prop, then saved the document as a regular duf, all is well and I’m seeing no grey blocks.

Though I still don’t know what I’m doing this for : )

Hope this helps others.
Steve

BTW cancelled bug report, and apologised for the trouble.

Posted: 15 January 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13910
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m not sure you should have cancelled it - if the thing isn’t saved as an asset it should be stored inside the scene file, or auto-saved and referenced. So it looks to me as if there was a bug, albeit one with a workaround (remember to save as an asset).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 January 2013 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2012-10-08

I bow to your greater knowledge. As fresh newbie I don’t know if it’s a work around or an intended path. Whatever, it’s a usability bug, one would expect a saved document not to change, filling in such a complex dialogue box at save as > support asset > figure/prop asset is painful, too.

However, I’m very experienced in connecting programmes together and know that tunnelling, hand shaking, brick walls and work arounds are de rigor. But this ‘inbetween space’ is where magic happens.

I’ll wait till I become more experienced here before furthering that bug report with documents and reproducible steps.

Again, thank you, Richard, for your guidance and support.

Be happy for ever,
Steve

Posted: 30 August 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-28

I found this is still a current issue / bug. Very painful to get around as first you have to convert the figure to weight map. Then save as a support asset figure. Then you have to save as a morph (ticking every single little box - really needs to be a ‘select all’ tickbox).

Posted: 30 August 2013 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2012-10-08

I agree, still there and fatal unless you’ve several, incremental back ups. However, I believe the way to save is to:
Save as > Support asset > Figure/Prop assets

I have never gone anywhere near weight maps.

But, frankly, I don’t know. And I cannot understand why it’s so hidden. Whatever, it’s not easy and if you get it wrong - catastrophic.

Posted: 31 August 2013 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-28
steve - 30 August 2013 11:54 PM

I agree, still there and fatal unless you’ve several, incremental back ups. However, I believe the way to save is to:
Save as > Support asset > Figure/Prop assets

I have never gone anywhere near weight maps.

But, frankly, I don’t know. And I cannot understand why it’s so hidden. Whatever, it’s not easy and if you get it wrong - catastrophic.

I only used the weight maps as when I tried to just do the “Save as > Support asset > Figure/Prop assets”, I was getting an error that it couldn’t be done as it wasn’t weight mapped. Use the weight map and it worked. An extra step I really don’t want to be doing.

Hopefully someone can address this or do we need to raise it as a current bug that hasn’t been resolved?

Posted: 02 September 2013 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2010-06-14

This happened to me. I spent 7 hours working on a morph, dutifully saving scene files for any power outage or computer crash that might happen. Imagine my horror when I loaded my scene file and found a cube where my 7 hour morph used to be.

There’s a problem in Daz Studio. There needs to be a save format that saves everything and will load the scene if only the the Daz Studio program is installed. The current method just begs to break scenes. It is evenly mislabeled. You aren’t saving a scene, you’re saving a template to a scene. The only thing in the file is settings and calls to resources.

Posted: 03 September 2013 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2012-10-08

I feel your pain, too. Imagine Microsoft Word…
Every paragraph needs to be saved separately. Every photo you add to the document need to be saved. Every title. If you don’t, when you next come to open your finely crafted work, it will look like it’s been redacted by some secret service—black lines drawn through everything you forgot to save.
I do hope Daz is listening to this thread.
Ye Olde ‘Save Document’ is very basic UI stuff.

2 of 2