Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Breaking Waves - FirstBastion! 
Posted: 06 June 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1590
Joined  2008-02-14

For some reason the list that was being shown under textures was the “keywords search”  list.  The store page is showing the correct listing only half the time, when I’ve visited the page. 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/breaking-waves

The What’s Included tab should read and show this.  (image below)

And as with everyone of my products so far,  it is POSER and DAZ STUDIO compatible.  The morph was built first in Poser so it works there for sure. 

Image Attachments
BreakingWhatsIncluded.jpg
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

The Breaking Waves also works as a ground prop that can generate an interesting visual, when rendered with a ground texture instead of water. 

Image Attachments
ThePatrol.jpg
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 08 June 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-05-17
FirstBastion - 06 June 2012 08:13 AM

For some reason the list that was being shown under textures was the “keywords search”  list.  The store page is showing the correct listing only half the time, when I’ve visited the page. 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/breaking-waves

The What’s Included tab should read and show this.  (image below)

And as with everyone of my products so far,  it is POSER and DAZ STUDIO compatible.  The morph was built first in Poser so it works there for sure. 

I too was taken in by the listing of ‘textures’, and have been frantically searching for them in my download….well! ..this explains why I haven’t found them…It’s a pity it doesn’t come with more preset textures; and perhaps explanation of how best to use the ‘light apron’, and ‘darkdepths’ to alter the looks of the water ...otherwise it’s a nice product!

Posted: 09 June 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

As I had mentioned in another thread,  that list is actually the “keywords search” list.  How it got mixed up under what’s included is a big mystery. But since I do believe the buck stops here,  I do apologize for any confusion.  The Breaking waves prop is UV mapped and will accept any texture or ds shader or ps material.  The hovertank image above is using the old waterhole ground texture tiled for example.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 09 June 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-05-17

Thanks.

And I could see that the error was not your fault.

Posted: 09 June 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2006-01-14

I can’t wait for the Fisty & Marieah stone shaders to come out. I see these waves and can’t help but imagine some alien planets with landscapes/seas of opal, etc. Crystalline landscapes like in Alan D. Foster’s book “Sentenced to Prism”.

Ah yes, this is going to be a fun summer!

Cheers

Posted: 10 June 2012 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10778
Joined  2007-11-06
FirstBastion - 06 June 2012 09:15 PM

The Breaking Waves also works as a ground prop that can generate an interesting visual, when rendered with a ground texture instead of water. 

...a few months ago I did the opposite where i applied a seawater surface map to Rolling Plains in the pic below.  Breaking Waves would have made things a lot simpler if it was out back then.

Wishlisted for now until the store is more stable.

Image Attachments
la_catedrale_B.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

I am going to be providing a small update for Breaking Waves.  This is an example of the updated DS mats that will be available in your accounts soon.  The update will also include an ambiance balanced lightset to enhance the look of the waves.

Image Attachments
breakingdsmat800.jpg
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 17 June 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  795
Joined  2008-04-29
FirstBastion - 11 June 2012 04:59 AM

I am going to be providing a small update for Breaking Waves.  This is an example of the updated DS mats that will be available in your accounts soon.  The update will also include an ambiance balanced lightset to enhance the look of the waves.

Could you let us know in this forum when the DAZ materials have been put in our downloads? Sometimes I don’t see things like that. I hope it is soon as I am unhappy with the product as is - I’ve tried a lot of water materials and they don’t look too good, partly because the waves loose their whitecaps. Anyway I will return it in the 30-day period if there are no DS materials as it is kind of useless to me otherwise. confused

Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 17 June 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2071
Joined  2003-10-09

any update to the Poser version?

Posted: 21 June 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

hope to have more info very soon.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

Posted: 27 June 2012 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

There are updated installers available now. Reset your downloads in Itemized order history.  The textures have also been updated so both DS and Poser (PS) users should get their respective update 1.1 .  In DS, the DS mats and the ambiance balanced lightset for DS work best when the waves model mesh is converted to Sub-D.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST

2 of 2