Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Why is this site with all the security issues still online?
Posted: 06 June 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2006-09-01
Vaskania - 06 June 2012 09:54 AM
Frank__ - 06 June 2012 09:17 AM
Vaskania - 06 June 2012 08:56 AM

How are you even seeing the login page from the first image? Is that a page you have bookmarked? I can hit Community, which takes me to a page I can choose Forums,  Galleries, Affiliate Program, or Publishing. If I choose Forums, then I see the Forums in a logged out state. If I hit login in the upper right, I get the page from your 2nd image.

I get the first login when I’m logged out and try to read something in the member’s only forum. So maybe it’s a thing only PC Club members see.

You shouldn’t even be seeing the Members Only forum link when you’re logged out.
Since I am a PC member, I don’t know what it looks like if you’re logged in and aren’t one.

Strange things are going on here ... smile

I’m a PC Member, too, and I’m more than surprised that I get to see other logins than other PC Members.

Posted: 06 June 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09

I have debated (with myself) about voicing my opinion on this subject, but the more I see it come up, and the more I see Mods and forumites claiming those with a legitimate concern are all Chicken-Littles, it made me reassess this whole situation.

So, here is my buck-fifty opinion:

I have been dreading all the forumites posting peoples real names in the forums.  The OP is right, and so are some of the views on this situation (which may, or may not be officially resolved as of this writing).  Some names are common such as “John Smith” (my apologies to any real John Smiths here), which to any nefarious searching leads to many results that would make it difficult for an unscrupulous individual to narrow down to the correct individual (though possible) and correct information.

Others, such as myself, have unique names, which once known to the public (with identifiers such as hobbies, or DAZ itself) make for an easy target, because any search results harrow in on correct info (not difficult with unique names) that can be used against someone.

Now, for those who are thinking I, or those like me, are Chicken-Littles, or even paranoid:

Have you ever been a victim of identity theft?

I have.  Three very frustrating times, thank you…

Have you ever had a spouse, an “ex”, or jaded lover hire people to put you in the hospital?

I have.  Though, due to my survival skills, thankfully did not come to pass.  Nonetheless, it was a real event in my life.

Point being;  Am I really paranoid?  Or am I just trying to be safe, and self-protecting?

I am glad (and at ease) that no one has posted my real name (yet?) publicly in these forums under the guise of “WTF?  I’m not “so-n-so”, why am I logged in as him/her?”  I worked really hard to disappear from my former life, and if anyone from my past saw my name, even without knowing my alias, they would at least have a place to start searching for linking information.

This has been a security breach from day one, and I am sick and tired of those (including Mods, and DAZ officials) stating otherwise.  Yes, it might not be a total breach, and might not reveal sensitive information such as credit card, addresses, or etc., but showing real names is definitely a breach.  Show some respect.  Own up to it.  And, stop pretending, or backpedaling this whole fiasco is a figment of the paranoids imagination.

Not everyone is on Facebook, or participating on the internet with their real names.  Some of us are incognito for valid reasons.  And, no, I am not any kind of criminal who needs to hide my identity.  I hide my identity because of real criminals in my walk of life (not yours; nothing to do with any of you.  You have your walk of life.  I have mine).

Sorry for the rant, take care all…
Ken

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 06 June 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1821
Joined  2005-06-08
DaremoK3 - 06 June 2012 01:40 PM

This has been a security breach from day one, and I am sick and tired of those (including Mods, and DAZ officials) stating otherwise.  Yes, it might not be a total breach, and might not reveal sensitive information such as credit card, addresses, or etc., but showing real names is definitely a breach.  Show some respect.  Own up to it.  And, stop pretending, or backpedaling this whole fiasco is a figment of the paranoids imagination.

Ditto’ng this bigtime.  angry

I’m glad that the problem’s now fixed (assuming it’s really fixed), but this went on for weeks, and we’ve little idea whose safety’s been compromised or what the long-term damage will be.  Maybe the other shoe’ll never drop . . . maybe.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4816
Joined  2005-08-03

I have been dreading all the forumites posting peoples real names in the forums.

You’re not the only one. I mentioned to someone I saw do it and said that the person to whom the name belongs may not appreciate it being thrown out there like that, even with the name issues. I kept seeing more and more people do it, and the mods say nothing, and figured I would’ve been fighting a losing battle. /shrug

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2405
Joined  2007-12-07
KickAir 8P - 06 June 2012 02:31 PM

I’m glad that the problem’s now fixed (assuming it’s really fixed), but this went on for weeks, and we’ve little idea whose safety’s been compromised or what the long-term damage will be.  Maybe the other shoe’ll never drop . . . maybe.

Has it been fixed?  Don’t recall seeing it being announced - maybe it was just slipped in as a post amidst one of the other threads.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-03-31
SimonJM - 06 June 2012 03:38 PM

Has it been fixed?  Don’t recall seeing it being announced - maybe it was just slipped in as a post amidst one of the other threads.

There are new stickies about the fix in the commons:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1557/

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2405
Joined  2007-12-07
Loaar - 06 June 2012 03:43 PM
SimonJM - 06 June 2012 03:38 PM

There are new stickies about the fix in the commons:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1557/

Thanks, ironically I had just posted on the last page of that ... wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2006-09-01

It seems the fix isn’t complete at the moment.

Regarding the mentioning of the real name in forum posts I wrote something there:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1557/P30/

Feel free to support my appeal in this thread, which is monitored by admins and DAZ-staff.

edit: sorry, not “stuff” but “staff”. smile

Posted: 07 June 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14343
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, we have gone through removing the names that were posted in text and screen shots (as far as we can tell).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
SimonJM - 06 June 2012 03:48 PM

Thanks, ironically I had just posted on the last page of that ... wink

Not reading threads through, Simon wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4816
Joined  2005-08-03
Richard Haseltine - 07 June 2012 07:19 AM

Thanks, we have gone through removing the names that were posted in text and screen shots (as far as we can tell).

Thanks for going through and doing that. smile

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

2 of 2