Knight Gear Accessories - In Store Now! Plus a Bonus! [Commercial]
Posted: 13 January 2013 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-25
Hey All!

****UPDATE*****
Knight Gear Accessories is now in the store and for a limited time you can also buy Long Sword Poses for Michael 5 for $10! Both items must be in the cart at the time of checkout for the discount to work.

I thought I'd let you know about a new product for Genesis I have wending its way through QA and should be in the store shortly. It's called Knight Gear Accessories and it comes with a whole mess of options. There are six conforming figures - consisting of a sword baldric, a knife belt, two swords in scabbards based on Oakeshott's typography sword styles XVa and XVIIIc, and two matching daggers in sheaths. There are six smart props - consisting of right and left hand versions of each dagger and right hand versions of each sword. There are four static props - one for each of the weapons. And because I love making poses, there are a whole slew of poses included in the set to show off many of the product's features.

[ Edited: 25 January 2013 10:02 AM by FeralFey ]
Image Attachments
Popup_10.jpgPopup_3.jpg
 Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Knight Gear Accessories was designed to fit over many of Genesis' shapes.

I have included support for the base model, basic male, basic female, basic child, Creature Creator, Genesis Evolution, V3, V4, V5, V5 Supermodel, S3, S4, S5, S5 Curvy, S5 Model, Reby Sky, A3, A4, Hitomi, M3, M4, M5, M5 Smooth, M5 Superhero, D3, F3, F4, Abominable, H3, H4, H5, Julie, Justin, Starman, Troll, Anubis, The Girl 4, the Gorilla, and a few others.

In fair warning, I did not do full support of the Muscularity shapes, but there are a few hidden in the mix. Please use caution when using them, particularly the full body muscles slider. Many of the individual muscles adjustments, though, were included for this set.
[ Edited: 13 January 2013 10:06 AM by FeralFey ]
Image Attachments
Popup_2.jpg
 Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Another great feature of Knight Gear Accessories is it's ability to fit over a wide variety of outfits. It was designed to be useful to fit the needs of your scenes and can be used across a broad swath of genres. The possibilities are endless.

I'm including here some examples of outfits that Knight Gear Accessories will fit over, using the included Supersuit Fantasy Outfit Fits. But rest assured, you do NOT need the Supersuit to use Knight Gear. Combinations of one or more of these adjustment sliders will give your the flexibility you need to fit over your outfits in a simple fashion.
[ Edited: 13 January 2013 10:12 AM by FeralFey ]
Image Attachments
Popup_5.jpgPopup_6.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
I mentioned poses in my OP. I have included a folder of the standard "return to default" poses for both Genesis and the weaponry. "What?" you say. Yes, this is correct. I have rigged the different weapons to do a variety of things. The smart propped daggers for both the right and left hand can be posed to accommodate the traditional forward and rear grips used in standard knife fighting. The XVa and the XVIIIc Swords and Daggers are rigged so that you can move them, pivot them, rotate them, and adjust them to your heart's content so that they will match whatever pose you throw at them. In addition, the swords in scabbards and the knives in sheath come with a variety of posing morph options so that you can go from "threat of steel" to "draw to parry" without having to manually align and adjust the weapon to capture those "just before the action" scenes. (Meaning that the weapon will draw cleanly through the throat of its encasement. No arduous tweaking to make sure that the blade doesn't poke through the covering.)

I have included 11 poses for Genesis and accompanying poses for the weapons to get you started. From standing around to jumping into the fray. Plus, the weapons were designed to fit nicely with my Long Sword Poses for Michael 5 - Now with Deathblows. (Just a note - I have also updated LSPM5 - Deathblows, to the new duf format and DSON Poser Companion Files. It just needs to finish clearing QA.)
[ Edited: 13 January 2013 10:27 AM by FeralFey ]
Image Attachments
Popup_1.jpgPopup_4.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Now for textures. I have included two with the set, but you are not limited by those. The textures in the set are not shader driven as I wanted to keep it simple for use "right out of the box" but I have kept those of you who love to use shaders in mind and built in a LOT of material zones - so your imagination won't be hampered.

There are several displacement maps, and if you look very carefully in the texture folder, you may find a few extra goodies for you to play with for the clasps on the belt and the baldric. wink

I also forgot to mention! The jewels on the XVIIIc sword can be made invisible and you can either use the pommel as a ring pommel, or with a click of a preset, fill it in solid to match your texture.
[ Edited: 13 January 2013 10:35 AM by FeralFey ]
Image Attachments
Popup_7.jpgPopup_8.jpgPopup_9.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2794
Joined  2004-04-14
Holy crap FF. You really went to town on this set. I like that you made the "defy gravity" morph. Thats thinking ahead.
 Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 13 January 2013 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7653
Joined  2009-05-14
Mattymanx - 13 January 2013 03:09 PM
Holy crap FF. You really went to town on this set. I like that you made the "defy gravity" morph. Thats thinking ahead.
I agree the thought put in to this set is outstanding...I hope some venders will take note. Well done.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 13 January 2013 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Thanks Matty and Szark. Very kind of you to say. I'm glad you like what you see. I wanted to build a product that I would like to buy. Lol.
 Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7653
Joined  2009-05-14
FeralFey - 13 January 2013 03:44 PM
I wanted to build a product that I would like to buy. Lol.
Exactly the way I am thinking too
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 14 January 2013 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1590
Joined  2008-02-14
What a totally useful set. I love how it fits on the troll and over the various armours. Very versatile! and that V5 jumping down image with the defy gravity morph, love using dynamic action stuff like that, really comes in handy for posing action sequences. Looking forward to this.
 Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 14 January 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2295
Joined  2007-12-07
Looking forward to this - looks really impressive!
 Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 14 January 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Thanks, everyone! I hope to have it in the store shortly.
 Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2013 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3126
Joined  2007-06-22
This is the sort of thing I have wanted for ages, I hate the fact that alot of outfits come with a sword but no sheath or belt.

Posted: 14 January 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15323
Joined  2003-10-09
Is there any chance that this will also work with Gen 4 figures, as well as the Gen 4 shapes for Genesis ?
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 January 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
chohole - 14 January 2013 12:13 PM
Is there any chance that this will also work with Gen 4 figures, as well as the Gen 4 shapes for Genesis ?

This version is Genesis only. I do have plans, however, to make a Gen 4 version, but it's not ready yet. (A bit of a hiccup in my workflow - meaning I'm better at triax rigging than I am at parametric rigging. But I am making progress. smile )

Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2013 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
scorpio64dragon - 14 January 2013 11:53 AM
This is the sort of thing I have wanted for ages, I hate the fact that alot of outfits come with a sword but no sheath or belt.

Me too! Which is why I made it. And I made it so that the sword and the dagger can slide in and out of their casings. (I don't think I have a good example render showing this feature, but you can kind of get a sense of it looking at all the promos I have posted.) It used to frustrate me to try and line up a sword with its scabbard, so that my character looked like he/she was drawing the blade. With this set, it's as easy as spinning a dial.
 Signature 

1 of 3