Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Mr. Duckie, You’re the One… (Commercial)
Posted: 15 January 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2006-06-12
angbrumett - 15 January 2013 10:51 AM

Hi Joequick,

Love the creativity of your new product, and thank you for creating it.  I am a Genesis fanatic.

I started using Daz because I am trying to create my Chicken People for my new comic by the same name.  They are people with slighly beaked but human faces and chicken body postures but human bodies, so I need some subtler options with the dials.  I fully agree that the advantage of Genesis is to be able to combine characters.  For instance, I don’t want my characters to be shorter than entirely human characters.  That is the case here from what I can see, or am I wrong about that?

Thanks in advance for your answer to my question,

Angie B in AZ

Again, this product is about small cartoon bird characters.  Raw’s bird cult better fills the needs you describe

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 15 January 2013 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
pete.c44 - 15 January 2013 11:45 AM

I really like DAZ for the reason you can see in “Grilled Duck”. I can put “Dental Plan” into a Duck’s mouth, and clothes that were designed for a completely different character on my model….with very little tweaking. I don’t think everyone really appreciates this way of combining all these items together.

Your reality renders make me want to start 3d printing a series of maquettes.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 15 January 2013 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2003-10-09
pete.c44 - 15 January 2013 11:45 AM

I really like DAZ for the reason you can see in “Grilled Duck”. I can put “Dental Plan” into a Duck’s mouth, and clothes that were designed for a completely different character on my model….with very little tweaking. I don’t think everyone really appreciates this way of combining all these items together.

I agree!

Posted: 15 January 2013 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  691
Joined  2008-10-19

Just had to add my thanks for a great cute character , and this is part of a render I’m working on .......and Duckie is playing a Parrot .......I parented the tail from the V4 CCHarpy to his tail and just matched the diffused color to the body texture .....

Image Attachments
Sam_and_Duckie.png

Posted: 15 January 2013 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
SmallFry - 14 January 2013 02:49 PM

I was playing around a bit and came up with this.

I’m not crazy about the hair so I might play around with it a bit more. I used the Herohair from the Golden Age set. I might try it with the Warkanan hair set to see if it’s closer to what I had in mind…

What look are you going for on the hair?

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 15 January 2013 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2007-04-17

Very cool! Ihave been looking for a good duck character. I like Eggbert but he is a little youngish for what I want.
I have MUCK already and plan to pick up the shark guy asap. Some of the renders remind me of Marvel’s Howard the Duck (not the movie version ugg)

Heck with Mickey or Bugs, I’ve always thought Daffy and Donald were the real heroes. They did do all the real work.lol

Signature 

“‘In Tibet, when they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away.’
‘Really? That must be why they are such a global power.’”

Will RP for $$$$$!!!

Posted: 20 March 2013 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-11-26

I love this model! It’s been a lot of fun to play around with to get different types of birds. One question though - is it possible to change the colour of say, the beak or the yellow areas around the eyes?

Posted: 20 March 2013 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
hannagan - 20 March 2013 09:04 AM

I love this model! It’s been a lot of fun to play around with to get different types of birds. One question though - is it possible to change the colour of say, the beak or the yellow areas around the eyes?

You could do that by editing the texture maps in photoshop or gimp.  Edit the diffuse map for the head, save your new version under a different name, and then load it as the diffuse map for the face nostrils and lips.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 17 June 2013 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2012-07-26

I tried dialing the morphs at a % and found this product is a lot more versatile than I expected.  I still really wish the head and body were separate dials but it’s still a cool product.  A full list of all content used in the image is listed on dA: http://swawa3d.deviantart.com/art/Beata-Aves-Midnight-Flight-3679-378255028

Image Attachments
beata-aves-midnight-flight-3679-by-swawa3d.jpg
 Signature 

Swawa3D.com | email | twitter | YouTube animations
Galleries:  deviantART | facebook | Google+ | DAZ Gallery

2 of 2