http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 30 January 2013 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
JohnDelaquiox - 29 January 2013 10:52 AM
JohnDelaquiox - 29 January 2013 10:13 AM

I have a few kit bashed costumes but I am not submitting anything being that I have to use shaders. They just don’t look the same.

It is, I am just completely stuck when it comes to thinking what I could do so I don’t think I will submit anything. Same happened last year.

I have a kit basked spiderman but if I apply any shaders to it it won’t look like spiderman any more same thing for my other stuff

The other thing is I use lot of of individual clothing pieces, Pants, shoes, shirts and what not so I am not sure if the pieces have to be from full sets.

No, the pieces don’t need to be from full sets, if you mean the pieces need to have come from a set containing a complete outfit. Individually sold clothing items are well within the intent of the contest. The idea is to use shaders to help pieces go together that weren’t originally made to do so. Spiderman wouldn’t be a good chice for this, because his costume is little more than a bodysuit, but Wonder Woman or Thor might. Comic book heroes tend to be difficult because often there is a logo somewhere, so you can’t use a repeating pattern for that portion of the outfit.

Actually, Warlock (New Mutants) would be perfect for this.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 30 January 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  874
Joined  2010-05-08

|:| The Aquarian Transport |:|

Prop Kit items:
-David D’Champ’s Victorian Diving Bell
-Poserworks Monopod
-Herminio’s United Federation Gallactic Cruiser

Clothing Kit Items:
-V4 morphs ++ and creature creator morphs used for Corvas’ Underwater Creature Morphs, wearing a 2nd skin suit made using the rubber shader
-Appleyard’s Divers Fin
-Appleyard’s Divers Knife and Sheath
-OP’s Diving Tank Helmet
(two links provided to show they are separate items)

Shaders Used:
-Andreolicg’s RubberLatex Shaders
-Fisty’s Liquid Shaders (glass)
-Haze’s Ultimate Shader Pack
-WOS Satin Shaders

created using DS4.5 Pro and PSP XI

also used: ReikaKano’s mecha octopus, karlandreas fish obj, schmietendorfs aquarium props, anabran’s squelly fish, hoagland’s fishing pole, herminio’s rigian city, calida’s treasure chest, and content paradise’s whooping crane

Image Attachments
aquarium_elements.jpgrawelements.png
 Signature 

IF is the Life of Matter ~ UTO

Posted: 31 January 2013 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2137
Joined  2005-04-15

Don’t ask. 

Just don’t ask.  tongue rolleye

But proof that shaders can make anyone look better, no?

Items used: 

Muse for Genesis by Daz/Ravenhair (top and slippers)
B25Silky Dress (cut-off for skirt)
Mall Girl Tights
Trixie hair

Shaders used

Fabricator – Top – sleeves Brocade Purple, torso – Stripes Multi, skirt – stripes pink + silk jersey weave, slippers – spots multi for body.

DLD Leather –Mauve sued (soles of slippers)

Age of Armor Metalized glass shaders on slipper ornaments

Destiny’s Garden Hair Shader Presets on hair

Eligible for: 
Clothing Kit Bash

Image Attachments
Bad_ass_freak_5.jpg
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 01 February 2013 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Cybersox13 - 25 January 2013 02:23 AM

I’m a long time Harryhausen fan, so as soon as I saw the new Bot for Genesis from Parris, I knew I had to kit-bash it with Raw Art’s Tauran 2 to recreate Minoton from SINBAD & THE EYE OF THE TIGER.  I ended up using just about every brass shader I had… from the Supersuits, Hardcore Utility Shaders, DLD Metalic shaders, and the new Metal Glass shaders from Age of Armor, as well as a sizable number of copper and a few bits of aluminum.  Most of the innards were rendered with the extruded brass and copper shaders from HUS to break down the more robotic look of the original figure and give it a more “hollow, run by magic appearance.”  Most of the red glows came from the supersuit shaders, as did the orange glow in the lava (the yellow is point lights and spots.)  The lance is from Spears of Destiny, also done up in two types of brass from HUS, and the skull is a freebie from Ravenous at Heromorph, resurfaced with the goredom shader.  The floor, pool and side pillar are from Aikanaro, the back wall and support struts from Alchemy Chasm, all textured with the sandstone bricks from Pimp My Prop. The sides sides of the pool are actually done in the Aurora shader from 3DS Environments.  Total build time, from start to final render and (very minimal) post in photoshop, was about four hours. 

Edit:  Forgot to mention that every single surface here, except the skull’s teeth, is a shader.  The only question I have is:  Does a Minoton count as a costume or a prop?

Sorry I’ve been out of action for a bit. We had terrible storms here, and the damage meant we had no power for five days.

There’s some excellent work posted here so keep them coming…

On the subject of the Minoton, if it’s a figure, it doesn’t count. It will need clothing from three different sets to count. But there’s nothing to stop you from applying the brass shader to the clothing…Or it will need to be in a setting containing props from two different building sets with shaders applied.

Posted: 01 February 2013 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-15
Marieah - 01 February 2013 06:47 PM

On the subject of the Minoton, if it’s a figure, it doesn’t count. It will need clothing from three different sets to count. But there’s nothing to stop you from applying the brass shader to the clothing…Or it will need to be in a setting containing props from two different building sets with shaders applied.

The render already definitely meets the qualifications for a set, so let’s call the Minoton a statue (which he is, albeit an animated one,) and consider him part of the set dressing.  smile

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 01 February 2013 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
Cybersox13 - 01 February 2013 08:00 PM
Marieah - 01 February 2013 06:47 PM

The render already definitely meets the qualifications for a set, so let’s call the Minoton a statue (which he is, albeit an animated one,) and consider him part of the set dressing.  smile

That’s good to hear because it’s a very nice render. grin

Posted: 02 February 2013 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-15

Here’s an entry for the challenge for using only non-cloth shaders, as well as the general clothing contest.:

Items used:
Pants – Marauder by Zachary
Tanksuit – H3Deamessenger
Skirt – French Temptation by Mike2010
Boots - Journeyer Scout (cuffs and buckles dialed to invisible in final)
Gloves – Aery Soul Black Lotus (straps and Spikes removed in final.)

The set piece is a very small section of the new SciFi Rooftops set from 3DC
(Figure is a Genesis mix of Satsuki and YTJulie, with skin textures from Freja’s Bindi and Wild Hair by MostDigital)

Shaders used:

The costume is done entirely with Fisty and Shadowhawk1’s magnificent Hardcore Utility Shaders… (I actually had to include a blow up, as the details are so fine): 
Expanded Titanium
Hammered Titanium R&M
Hammered Aluminum R&M
Shiny Titanium R&M
Shiny Aluminum R&M
Shiny Steel R&M
Rubber (shoe soles only)

In addition, the set uses Dark Gray and Dove Grey from DLD Stone Shaders, and Basic Black from the DLD Metallic Shaders

Eligible for: 
Clothing Kit Bash
Clothing Kit Bash Using Non Cloth Shaders

Image Attachments
Metal_suit_1_SM.jpgmetal_suit_1_SM_--_items_used.jpgMetal_suit_1_SM_detail.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 04 February 2013 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-15

Going through the old V4 files, I thought I’d take a shot at making 4blueyes Angelina Assassin just a little more practical for field work. 

Items used:
Pants & Top from Assassin Angel Victoria 4 by 4Blueyes
Gloves from Liquid Halo for Genesis by DAZ/xenic101/Uzilite
Shoe are from the V4 Running Shoes Pack by DAZ/Serrge
Collar from V4 Domino by DAZ/Lourdes
Kneepads from Marauders for Genesis, also by DAZ/Lourdes
Belt/Holsters from Omega Huntress by DAZ/Luthbel
Gun from Bad Cop by Halcyone

Costume Shaders Used:
Supersuit bundle – Razzberry Suede and Purple
DLD Metal shaders - Grape and Orchid
DLD Leather Shaders - White,  Ecru and Egshell in Naugahyde, Soft Leather, Ultra Soft Suede and Pleather
Leather texture from Fabricator
Spidercracks from Hybrid Grunge Ragerator

Set
The Base is A BRIGHT LOFT, by Bluebird 3D, but I turned it into A DARK WAREHOUSE OF MASS DESTRUCTION, burying it an avalanche of PIMP MY PROP shaders that were then dirtied even further with multiple overlays of rust, dirt and rag filters from the Hybrid Grunge bundle.  Props are a handful of the original shelves and fixtures, plus a huge assortment of 3DC and Mr. Sparky props… way too many to name, even if they had a name beyond 03 and box2.  All of the above also got the Hybrid Grunge treatment, metal surfaces were added from DLD Metallic shaders and the green glow on the bombs and the blue glow in the lamp are both FX shaders from the Supersuit bundle. 

Eligible for: 
Clothing Kit Bash
Clothing Kit Bash Using a 4blueyes Product
Building Kit Bash

Image Attachments
Angelina_final_MED.jpgAngelina_CLose_upl.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 05 February 2013 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2012-02-07

There’s some sort of button/function for selecting all of the adjacent faces when adding new material zones.  Really comes in handing when you need to separate a large section but I can’t remember what it is.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1524
Joined  2011-11-16

What about custom made clothes we make ourselves from scratch?

Posted: 06 February 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
Tramp Graphics - 06 February 2013 01:38 AM

What about custom made clothes we make ourselves from scratch?

I see no problem with custom clothes as part of the image. The point is to use shaders to combine and coordinate items from multiple sources, however.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 07 February 2013 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2006-02-27

I guess this is for the CLOTHING KIT BASH Ninja Master Keno Created in DS4.5

Core Components are from M4 Assassin by RPublishing

Pieces Used

Two pieces from Spadassassin :The Outfit by Nathy and hal1

http://www.daz3d.com/spadassassin-the-outfit

Pieces Used
http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/p/spadassassin-the-outfit-3.jpg
http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/p/spadassassin-the-outfit-7.jpg
http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/p/spadassassin-the-outfit-5.jpg

Three pieces from Immortal Ronin by my friend Jeff ElorOnceDark

http://www.daz3d.com/immortal-ronin

Pieces Used
http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/immortal-ronin-5.jpg
http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/immortal-ronin-8.jpg

Shaders Used are from the Genesis Super SUit and are by Randal Loid

Image Attachments
pieces.jpgninja_master_01.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Posted: 07 February 2013 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3338
Joined  2007-06-22

Nice mix John

Posted: 07 February 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-15
JohnDelaquiox - 07 February 2013 09:56 AM

I guess this is for the CLOTHING KIT BASH Ninja Master Keno Created in DS4.5

Very nice, but given the current hullabaloo about linking to outside stores, you might want to replace all those RP links with jpegs.

Signature 

6 of 18