Who’s that Gorgeous Promo-Droid?!?
Posted: 11 January 2013 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-11-22
kurisu2112 - 11 January 2013 03:45 PM

There is a placeholder in the documentation center for “Bot Genesis”

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15588/start

Could the newsletter be a sneak peek ?

Very, very likely. The geometry is too different to be a simple edit/postwork of the V4/A4 versions. Plus the face doesn’t really have that typical V4/A4 style really. (At least in my opinion.)

Posted: 11 January 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  2012-02-04

I wonder if Bot Genesis was meant to be available in the store before that newsletter went out, then.  Still, looks like it will be a must-buy set, if that is indeed what it is.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 11 January 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08
Spirit Wolf 448 - 11 January 2013 03:54 PM
kurisu2112 - 11 January 2013 03:45 PM

There is a placeholder in the documentation center for “Bot Genesis”

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15588/start

Could the newsletter be a sneak peek ?

Very, very likely. The geometry is too different to be a simple edit/postwork of the V4/A4 versions. Plus the face doesn’t really have that typical V4/A4 style really. (At least in my opinion.)

Oooooooooo, helpful, thanks!

cwichura - 11 January 2013 04:30 PM

I wonder if Bot Genesis was meant to be available in the store before that newsletter went out, then.  Still, looks like it will be a must-buy set, if that is indeed what it is.

I’d've been a lot happier to have a live product page to point at instead of a placeholder-doc in case somebody asks about it, yeah — bet DAZ would rather interested parties were buying instead of pining.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 11 January 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4683
Joined  2011-11-25

Hopefully there is a male version as well. =-) I do intend to buy this. I love sci-fi.

Posted: 11 January 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3034
Joined  2004-04-14
SereneNight - 11 January 2013 08:01 PM

Hopefully there is a male version as well. =-) I do intend to buy this. I love sci-fi.

If its for Genesis then one size should fit all.  From what clothing makers have told me about the basics of modeling for Genesis is that you model the clothing for the base shape and Genesis/DS4 does the rest as far as shaping goes.  But like I said, thats the basics.  Beyond that Im lost as I dont model yet.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 11 January 2013 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
Mattymanx - 11 January 2013 08:33 PM

If its for Genesis then one size should fit all.  From what clothing makers have told me about the basics of modeling for Genesis is that you model the clothing for the base shape and Genesis/DS4 does the rest as far as shaping goes.  But like I said, thats the basics.  Beyond that Im lost as I dont model yet.

Yes, that’s the ‘basics’...but if you don’t want the ‘cling’ look, you need to at least make some custom FBMs for some of the shapes…at least Basic Female, V4 & 5 (A and S are good too), Basic Child and now the teens and depending on the item maybe some of the more ‘exotic’ or ‘toon’ shapes (troll, Anubis, Jasmine, Hitomi, etc…).  And ‘hard’ items almost always need extensive ‘correction morphs’ or to be individually made/adjusted for a particular shape, otherwise they will distort.  So while there can be ‘one size fits all’, there are a lot of things that still need to be done the old fashioned way.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 12 January 2013 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12518
Joined  2007-11-06

...pretty “swiss” chrome there.

Finally, I will have Mercurial for my Shadowrun scenes.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3098
Joined  2009-02-24

As I discovered recently, you do need to make a few allowances for certain morphs, but in general what you said is very true. The tennis outfit I’m working on morphs flawlessly with Genesis now, no matter how big or small I make the character.

I’ve not found a single published Genesis item which didn’t work with all morphs, though I did find a freebie top which had some poke through issues at times.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 12 January 2013 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
HeraldOfFire - 12 January 2013 03:16 AM

As I discovered recently, you do need to make a few allowances for certain morphs, but in general what you said is very true. The tennis outfit I’m working on morphs flawlessly with Genesis now, no matter how big or small I make the character.

I’ve not found a single published Genesis item which didn’t work with all morphs, though I did find a freebie top which had some poke through issues at times.

‘Hard’ parts…things that are supposed to be rigid and items you don’t want to follow the breasts, like the purple V4 bra…need the extra morphs.  The auto-generated ones have improved, though.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

2 of 2