Digital Art Zone

6 of 7
Genesis WIsh List
Posted: 05 March 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2008-08-25

I have been really impressed with the possibilities offered by Genesis. Let me add in this wish list -

* Definitely more real-world uniforms as people have suggested. Both dress uniforms and the “in the field” type with the appropriate MOLLE gear and “Battle rattle.”
* A modern flight suit.
* Paramedics gear.
* Professional gear - men’s and women’s office suits and fashions - everything from “professional casual” to “Suit and tie.”

I would gladly buy any outfits for Genesis that met this wish list.

Signature 

Posermocap.com - Motion Capture animation for Daz3d and Poser.
http://www.posermocap.com

Posted: 05 March 2013 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06

...also a traditional WWII bomber jacket and cap

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 08 March 2013 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2003-10-09

1- EXPRESSIONS…EXPRESSIONS…EXPRESSIONS…EXPRESSIONS…AND MORE EXPRESSIONS. REALISTIC EXPRESSIONS.

There is almost no expressions for Genesis out there. There is a lot of clothes, hair, environments…which is good but I don’t understand why no one makes some expressions for Genesis. Maybe I’m missing something…or is it too difficult to make expressions for Genesis…I don’t know. I really hope some expressions will come because there is a serious lack of them…and the expressions are so important in a render. They give the soul to a portrait.

Posted: 16 March 2013 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, we’re due for a Girl 5, and/or a She-Freak 5.  Every main character gets an upgrade.  It doesn’t matter how it gets done, and it doesn’t matter if you think it looks the same, EVERYONE gets upgrade.  Those are THE RULES.  mad

(Yes, I’m probably being facitious on the last part, but that’s how it’s “suppose to go” (TM))

Posted: 16 March 2013 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1425
Joined  2010-02-14
JOdel - 05 March 2013 12:19 AM

Actually… since the Girl seems to have changed very little between Gen3 and Gen4 (mainly just in how she could be used as a morph rather than a separate figure), I’m not convinced that there would be enough of a change between Girl 4 and a hypothetical Girl 5 to put the development time into it. Although, I suppose that’s a morph which could probably use its own UV set.

Actually, from what was explained to me before, the Girl 4 IS Girl 3 directly brought over from her original mesh. Apparently, because she was so uniquely different in, not only the polymesh itself, but UV mapping, and default rigging from the rest of the Mellenium Figure line, there was very little to no support for her. To correct this, DAZ decided to clone her shape over to the Millennium 4 Woman (Victoria 4) mesh along with upgrades for most of her original content. Since then, people have been using and supporting her a lot more and is now succeeding to Gen 5.

Rapierman - 16 March 2013 02:06 AM

Yes, we’re due for a Girl 5, and/or a She-Freak 5.  Every main character gets an upgrade.  It doesn’t matter how it gets done, and it doesn’t matter if you think it looks the same, EVERYONE gets upgrade.  Those are THE RULES.  mad

(Yes, I’m probably being facitious on the last part, but that’s how it’s “suppose to go” (TM))

Exactly so! grin

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 16 March 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29
Posermocap - 05 March 2013 10:32 PM

I have been really impressed with the possibilities offered by Genesis. Let me add in this wish list -

* Definitely more real-world uniforms as people have suggested. Both dress uniforms and the “in the field” type with the appropriate MOLLE gear and “Battle rattle.”
* A modern flight suit.
* Paramedics gear.
* Professional gear - men’s and women’s office suits and fashions - everything from “professional casual” to “Suit and tie.”

I would gladly buy any outfits for Genesis that met this wish list.

I would like to second this emotion.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 16 March 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29
Kyoto Kid - 05 March 2013 10:42 PM

...also a traditional WWII bomber jacket and cap

I would like to second this emotion as well. smile

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 30 March 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  954
Joined  2006-02-27

You know what I would really like, hopefully soon

A male counter part for Asobi

Posted: 30 March 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-11-25

I’d love a few different kinds of walls with windows for use as backdrops…From old fashioned to futuristic. I could add my own scenary outside.

Posted: 31 March 2013 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5565
Joined  2006-02-20
JohnDelaquiox - 30 March 2013 10:22 AM

You know what I would really like, hopefully soon

A male counter part for Asobi

Maybe PM DemonicaEvilius and Silver?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 31 March 2013 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2012-07-06

Braces.  Yeah, I have the i13 set for V4 but it doesn’t stay in place for Genesis.

Posted: 02 April 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06

...did I already mention more footwear? Just footwear?  How about theme packs like, casual, dress, sport, and historic/ethnic footwear (like Geta, wooden sabots, etc..)?

Genesis is still woefully short on nice simple footwear and Autofit is still very hit & miss in this department.  It would be nice to have a variety of basic everyday styles without having to purchase full clothing sets to get them.

...and roller skates, both classic and inline, where the wheels don’t deform when posing? (Leela is getting very impatient as she misses wearing her rollerblades)

...and ice skates, (hockey, speed, and figure) where the blades don’t deform either?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 04 April 2013 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2005-11-13

Mertail or actually morphing tail that can function either as a serpent tail or mertail. One that is *not* geografted because I really want to use existing skin textures with it. If it ends up being geografted I’m pretty sure it has to come with its own textures for the rest of the body as well (like Raw’s Gorgon), not just tail. Transmap option would be nicer in that case.

Posted: 04 April 2013 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4115
Joined  2011-11-25
Lyone - 08 March 2013 07:36 AM

1- EXPRESSIONS…EXPRESSIONS…EXPRESSIONS…EXPRESSIONS…AND MORE EXPRESSIONS. REALISTIC EXPRESSIONS.

There is almost no expressions for Genesis out there. There is a lot of clothes, hair, environments…which is good but I don’t understand why no one makes some expressions for Genesis. Maybe I’m missing something…or is it too difficult to make expressions for Genesis…I don’t know. I really hope some expressions will come because there is a serious lack of them…and the expressions are so important in a render. They give the soul to a portrait.

I have to say yes… Particularly expressions for men.

Posted: 04 April 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  954
Joined  2006-02-27

More Pose Variety for me

My pose Collection sucks, the genesis ones anyways

there are a lot of either repeat or at least very similar poses in packages from various vendors.

6 of 7