Digital Art Zone

3 of 7
Genesis WIsh List
Posted: 17 January 2013 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  928
Joined  2012-02-03

Something I would find really useful would be a webbed hands morph. Not like these (http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/monsters-humanoid/from-the-deep-aquatic-genesis), but just a morph to add webbing between the fingers of a normal human hand. There’s nothing wrong with the product I linked to, but the hands aren’t really what I need.

Posted: 17 January 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2010-09-18

There haven’‘t been wet skin textures or wet spec maps or shaders for the Gen 5 UV mappings have there?  We need those.  Preferably a couple of options.  And more wet hairstyles also.

Posted: 17 January 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2003-11-10

I have been wanting to post in a thread like this. I have lots of ideas. The ones I am the most interested in would be:

1 - Improve autofit so that we don’t get the texture stretching with short and medium length dresses.

2 - Winter coats, including rain coats and ski jackets with insulated gloves. An arctic explorers parka would be great, or a skiers set.

3 - A woman’s business suit/dress.

4 - Men’s athletic clothes, a pair of shorts, tee shirt or tank top, and running shoes. Perhaps a set for the teens that would be appropriate for a gym/p.e. class.

5 - School uniforms for the teens, perhaps a female set/skirt that matched Preppy for Genesis. Other teen clothes as well.

6 - Kids 5 or at least some kids clothes

7 - Shoes: running shoes, realistic hiking boots with laces, sandals, high heels.

8 - Western/cowboy clothes and accessories, especially cowboy hats and a prairie style dress for pioneer women.

9 - Samurai armor and historic Japanese clothing.

Posted: 17 January 2013 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2009-08-08

I want a Genesis refit of the K4 PC clothes. Particularly the historic stuff for the girls. Nearly all of them have long skirts and are unusable as is. While we’re at it, throw in Esha’s Vintage Girl. It’s a DAZ Original, so it would be in their interests to port it over.

Posted: 18 January 2013 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12490
Joined  2007-11-06

...non symmetric facial morphs.  The human face is not perfectly symmetric and to that end in Gen4 I would slightly change the the height of one eye, or one ear.  Currently there are no such morphs for Genesis.

Also, the ability to scale the head/face along each axis independently.

As to clothing/accessories:

—I second (third?) the suggestion for more RL uniforms.
—Overalls and work coveralls.
—Traditional formal kimono.
—More RL ethnic clothing.
—Rollerskates (old style and inline).

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 18 January 2013 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3097
Joined  2009-02-24

Right now I’m noticing a few things I’d really like to get my hands on, but largely they’re Dynamic clothing items for the Young Teens. There’s tons of stuff for Victoria, Michael and even a few new kids items, but they universally have the problem that they’re totally unscalable. This means using dynamic clothes on characters with a smaller frame than others, like Julie or Justin, leaves them sliding off completely or looking baggy and ill-fitting. Though, as an odd side note, the Kids 4 dynamic dress can be effectively turned into a tankini when put on the Young Teens!

Other than that I also second the Japanese kimono. I would love to see one crafted with attention to detail. I’m kind of crazy over Japanese culture in general, but as I’m also working on a project involving the Japanese Edo era, I’m grabbing everything Japanese that isn’t nailed down.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 18 January 2013 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26

I want a creature part kit ...i.e. mertail, shark tail, a long sweeping dino tail, horns, beast teeth, beast legs, that kind of thing.

I wish for a hammerhead shark or morph add-on for killer shark to add the hammer head option.

Posted: 18 January 2013 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  914
Joined  2006-02-27

I told Joe the same thing, A Hammer Head Shark Would So Kick Butt

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2010-09-18
Kyoto Kid - 18 January 2013 12:20 AM

...non symmetric facial morphs.  The human face is not perfectly symmetric and to that end in Gen4 I would slightly change the the height of one eye, or one ear.  Currently there are no such morphs for Genesis.

It would be nice to have asymmetrical morphs, but you can fake it with some judicious use of D-formers,  or at least I got results I was happy with that way on a V4, haven’t tried it on Genesis, but I’m sure it would work.

Posted: 19 January 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...never could get Deformers to work properly.  Seems they want to affect a much larger area than I am working on.

Signature 

Posted: 19 January 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  920
Joined  2005-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 19 January 2013 04:15 PM

...never could get Deformers to work properly.  Seems they want to affect a much larger area than I am working on.

When you select the D-former field, the vertices will turn color, red for the center mass and yellow outside of that. Just scale it down till the red vertices are lighting the area you want to deal with. If you move the D-former and the area it affects is to large, just select the D-former field again and scale down till the effect is how you want it.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 19 January 2013 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2005-05-21

...non symmetric facial morphs.  The human face is not perfectly symmetric and to that end in Gen4 I would slightly change the the height of one eye, or one ear.

Yes, a thousand times over.

Posted: 19 January 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3519
Joined  2009-08-05

Don’t those exist already?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 19 January 2013 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...with Gen4 they do, but I haven’t found them in any of the Genesis facial/head morphs.

Signature 

Posted: 20 January 2013 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1760
Joined  2010-02-14

Overalls:

http://www.daz3d.com/on-the-farm-for-genesis

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

3 of 7