2 of 2
Why can’t I pay PC Annual with Paypal?
Posted: 11 January 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  867
Joined  2008-04-30
[email protected] - 11 January 2013 03:55 PM

Hello Everyone,

PayPal can be used on all purchases on our site, except PC Memberships. PayPal will no longer allow payment for the PC Memberships. We apologize for this change. This was not a DAZ change but a change from PayPal. If you cannot use a credit card for the PC Membership, you can purchase a Gift Card via PayPal for the amount of the Annual or Annual Renewal only (Monthly can only be paid for via credit card), you would send sales your Gift Card order number, we would then apply the gift card to your Annual Membership for you.

Can you explain why this very same situation could not be done for Gift Cards?  I was forced to purchase a Gift Card with additional funds when i had Store Credit available to me and i am very ticked off about that!

-MJ

Posted: 11 January 2013 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3420
Joined  2007-06-22

I pay my Xbox live with paypal monthly, and a couple of other things.
As I can’t afford to buy annual and don’t have a CC I can’t stay in the PC club - so I will spend less; actually I should proberly be grateful.

Posted: 11 January 2013 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  174
Joined  2007-01-21

Well, it still makes no sense to me whatsoever (and ok, English is not my native lanquage, so maybe I am missing the point somewhere). What’s the difference between paying for an annual membership, or paying for a 3d model with paypal….. ?!?!

Unless the problem is that annual membership is now always an AUTO-RENEWAL membership….. and paypal is not suitable for auto-renewal….
Been a PC-member for almost 6 years now, but never had it set to auto-renewal, and paypal was always accepted.
Don’t have a CC, and will not get one either, not even from Paypal…...

And still do not completely understand the route to be taken with a gift card…. different info in this thread coming from DAZ apparently…..

Signature 

My Skydome & textures at ShareCG
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-11-22

@[email protected]

So if I understood you correctly, the only reason there isn’t a separate non-recurring annual membership item in the store is a limitation of the Magento software you use because it simply needs a CC associated with a membership, even if said membership is non-recurring?

I always suspected the switch to Magento was a mistake from a purely customer point of view, but now I know for sure. Man, at times I really miss the old DAZ where everything worked as intended (more or less), instead of being a bug- and glitchfest. :-(

Posted: 12 January 2013 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2004-05-10

I am a little surprised in a negative way. I think the switch to the Magento Software was one of the greatest errors in the history of Daz. PayPal is my preferred way to pay. I canceled my creditcard a few weeks ago. In Germany not everyone uses a creditcard. So honestly if the situation hasn’t changed in summer, when i have to make a decision if i renew or not, i think i won’t renew.

Posted: 12 January 2013 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-12-12

Hello Everyone,

PayPal can be used on all purchases on our site, except PC Memberships. PayPal will no longer allow payment for the PC Memberships. We apologize for this change. This was not a DAZ change but a change from PayPal. If you cannot use a credit card for the PC Membership, you can purchase a Gift Card via PayPal for the amount of the Annual or Annual Renewal only (Monthly can only be paid for via credit card), you would send sales your Gift Card order number, we would then apply the gift card to your Annual Membership for you.

This is simply not the case. My last “Monthly PC Subscription” was processed by PayPal and accepted by Daz3D on 12/12/12. Has this been an oversite for the past 4 months? Am I slipping through the cracks? Is it just another example of how poorly the new site and Magneto work?

I use PayPal for almost everything because it is by far more secure than allowing sites to have cc information. PayPal is a tried and true means of payment In fact PayPal even has a whole page for vendors describing the ease of use for sellers customers to have reoccurring subscription charges [refer below]. So it is not that PayPal doesn’t allow these charges…what gives?

I especially like the last bullet point about, “happy customer become repeat customers.”  I do not think Daz3D understands how many of us they are driving away every month by their site and policy changes.

Image Attachments
paypal_subscriptions.jpg
 Signature 

Specs: Win7 x64 • Gigabyte GTX 570 • Gigabyte P45T-ES3G • Intel Core2 Quad 3.0ghz • 16gb Ram
Click For My Rendo Gallery Old Post Count 910

Posted: 13 January 2013 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2012-04-14
glaseye2 - 11 January 2013 04:55 PM

Well, it still makes no sense to me whatsoever (and ok, English is not my native lanquage, so maybe I am missing the point somewhere). What’s the difference between paying for an annual membership, or paying for a 3d model with paypal….. ?!?!

Unless the problem is that annual membership is now always an AUTO-RENEWAL membership….. and paypal is not suitable for auto-renewal….
Been a PC-member for almost 6 years now, but never had it set to auto-renewal, and paypal was always accepted.
Don’t have a CC, and will not get one either, not even from Paypal…...

And still do not completely understand the route to be taken with a gift card…. different info in this thread coming from DAZ apparently…..

Oh no, that works. I bought a jpod101 subscription for two years, forgot about it when exactly it ended. late last year. The company took the money for the recurring subscription with no warning and there was no paypal receipt for the subsequent payment. It was only when I logged in to paypal, I saw that $240 was taken.sick Luckily the company agreed to refund my money. Suffice to say there is no problem setting these up or taking money.

Posted: 13 January 2013 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3420
Joined  2007-06-22
cipher_X - 12 January 2013 07:44 PM

Hello Everyone,

This is simply not the case. My last “Monthly PC Subscription” was processed by PayPal and accepted by Daz3D on 12/12/12. Has this been an oversite for the past 4 months? Am I slipping through the cracks? Is it just another example of how poorly the new site and Magneto work?

I use PayPal for almost everything because it is by far more secure than allowing sites to have cc information. PayPal is a tried and true means of payment In fact PayPal even has a whole page for vendors describing the ease of use for sellers customers to have reoccurring subscription charges [refer below]. So it is not that PayPal doesn’t allow these charges…what gives?

I especially like the last bullet point about, “happy customer become repeat customers.”  I do not think Daz3D understands how many of us they are driving away every month by their site and policy changes.

Well pointed out.
I’m can’t continue my membership because of their policy of no Paypal payments for monthly, it means that they loose both my custom and good will.

Posted: 13 January 2013 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1016
Joined  2004-05-14

It looks like purchasing Platinum Club Annual Membership via Gift card does not work any longer.
I have just tried it. Very sad about that.

Image Attachments
PlatinumOrderError.jpg

Posted: 13 January 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7972
Joined  2006-03-19

I think they said you need to open a support ticket and let them know that’s what you want to do and they will apply it to your membership.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 13 January 2013 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1016
Joined  2004-05-14

Thanks for the explanation. I have realized that when I read again messages from the previous page of the thread.
I have just opened a support ticket with the Daz Support.

Posted: 13 January 2013 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7972
Joined  2006-03-19

You welcome. Just try and do it about a week before the membership expires to avoid complications with pricing. I’m sure they would work with you but better safe than sorry.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 13 January 2013 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-12-12
scorpio64dragon - 13 January 2013 03:33 AM

Well pointed out. I’m can’t continue my membership because of their policy of no Paypal payments for monthly, it means that they loose both my custom and good will.

Same here. There are a lot of things that I purchase at the Daz3D store because of the price break being a PC Member and the added freebies from the Member’s Forum but instead of making it easier for their customers, Daz wants to make it harder. I won’t jump through hoops for a simple $7 monthly subscription. I will instead spend my money at Rendo or RDNA.  mad

Signature 

Specs: Win7 x64 • Gigabyte GTX 570 • Gigabyte P45T-ES3G • Intel Core2 Quad 3.0ghz • 16gb Ram
Click For My Rendo Gallery Old Post Count 910

2 of 2