Digital Art Zone

1 of 6
Heros Stand               [Commercial]
Posted: 10 January 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  855
Joined  2004-09-04
There are moments in every super hero comic or movie when the hero digs deep and finds their inner strength and turn the tides. I want to do a series of stands that will help you capture that moment with your super hero figures. This is the first one I have done. The impact point when the hero rallies after getting their clocks cleaned. The dust settles, there is that look in the hero's eyes that forecast the coming storm.

I could release these one at a time at a low price point or as a group at a higher cost. Not sure what you guys want more on that issue.
But I am open to input. I have two more in the works now but I will be happy to switch over to a better idea.

I have a urban power up with spinning debris, street signs, paper, maybe a hydrant.
And a landing on one knee and fist to the ground, causing a indent with pebbles jumping from the shock wave.

So let me know what you think.
Image Attachments
HSpop.jpg
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-antfarm

Posted: 10 January 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2316
Joined  2012-02-04
Can you post some promos with the hero figure in it, to get an idea of how you envision the prop being used?

Posted: 10 January 2013 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3429
Joined  2009-08-05
This is such an awesome Idea!!! There is so much you can do with these...
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 10 January 2013 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-04
I haven't gotten to that point yet but I will when I am. Someone always getting tossed into or through a wall though so that's the main point of it.
 Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  869
Joined  2005-11-06
I think it is a great idea, although a bit limited do to the constraints of the size, kinda hard to set a camera up without going outside the borders. maybe some side pieces that curve inwards a bit to allow for different camera angles.
 Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2218
Joined  2003-10-09
Looks cool, I agree a little wider or maybe something modular where you can add some extra walls on the side to get more camera angles on it.

Can picture all kinds of scenes like this where hulk went on a rampage
 Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-04
You can just take any building prop you have and snug it up to the side and you have more option. But remember this isn't a scene it's a stand for your character. I could do a larger set if this is a hit, It might be fun. Add two buildings on either side and you have one heck of a dead end.
I can add a side wall prop. I just don't want to go to far. Keep it simple so I can keep it at a good price.
[ Edited: 10 January 2013 01:20 PM by The AntFarm ]
 Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3429
Joined  2009-08-05
FSMCDesigns - 10 January 2013 01:00 PM
I think it is a great idea, although a bit limited do to the constraints of the size, kinda hard to set a camera up without going outside the borders. maybe some side pieces that curve inwards a bit to allow for different camera angles.

I agree with this. I understand these are stands, I just think having them as such limits usage a little. Or keep them as stands, but with an option to extend height and width or something like that. If I do a semi 45 degree angle render, the alternative buildings/props wont really match up to the stand as it just cuts off. My gut feeling is that most people would want to use these in scenes instead of just character stands.
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  869
Joined  2005-11-06
The AntFarm - 10 January 2013 01:10 PM
. But remember this isn't a scene it's a stand for your character. I could do a larger set if this is a hit, It might be fun. Add two buildings on either side and you have one heck of a dead end.

ok, gotcha. i never use "stands", so didn't think in that context. Looks great though.
 Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2095
Joined  2003-10-09
looks very kool, i always need rubble debris and destruction

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5641
Joined  2005-08-29
A good place to place Mr Bond at wink Me like!
 Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-04
Good input. And I appreciate it. I think I'll bridge the gap between the stands and sets like the Kill Zone sets I've done. Make a wall prop that can be loaded to either side. I'll see what shakes out and post it.
Again thanks.
 Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2249
Joined  2005-09-05
I like the idea of the stand...but I also like the idea of more modular pieces that could be fit together.

I really like the way the it can be turned around and used from different angle...great concept!
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 10 January 2013 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2005-11-13
I do use stands at times but the most useful stuff for me would be modular sets like others have pointed out. Stands are mostly for quick renders to see how character looks with some background. For stands it is important that I can rotate the camera a bit so simple "wall" stands are not quite as good as are those that have a bit more depth.

I love all kinds of kits be it an interior kit to "build your own dungeon" or modular house, or "build your own city" exterior kit. This because I often do a render series where continuity is important (for me) and camera angles may vary.

Posted: 10 January 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2008-12-31
Already know what to do with it...excellent idea....if you can make one with a road shuttered like this....wink

Signature 

ISIKOL AT DEVIANTART

Posted: 10 January 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-09-04
So here is a side wall which is a prop that can be loaded, or not. I will do another for the left and it will be different and not a mirror in case someone used both at once.
Sound good.?
Image Attachments
HSpop2.jpg
 Signature 

1 of 6