A little magic goes a long way.. www.safeunderdark.com 

Kirisute’s Ultimate mega Freebie Pack!!

Posted: 10 January 2013 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks!

Here’s a fun fact: the text in Julie’s notebook is an excerpt from my own dream notebooks (but in a font; my handwriting is not legible).

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 10 January 2013 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2216
Joined  2005-09-05
Canary3d - 10 January 2013 12:35 PM

Thanks!

Here’s a fun fact: the text in Julie’s notebook is an excerpt from my own dream notebooks (but in a font; my handwriting is not legible).

Nice to know…thanks for the great poses they went straight into the trolley along with the clothing and the characters. I would have gotten the piercings but already had stuff in the trolley. Unfortunately can’t afford everything I had to wishlist about 5 items so much good stuff coming through at the moment.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 11 January 2013 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2006-12-08

These poses and expressions are fabulous!!! I wish we had them available for the Odds’ promos :D They fit so, so well :D .... The notepad is a very clever addition aswell, will be purchasing this on pay day, tis in my cart waiting! :D lol

Signature 

My DAZ Store:  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/demonicaevilius

Posted: 11 January 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, DE! I love the Odds set and I’m really happy they featured my poses along with your cool characters & clothes, they do go perfectly together (and I’m loving playing with the characters…I want their tee shirts in real life!).

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 11 January 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
scorpio64dragon - 10 January 2013 10:25 AM

These look really useful and well done; I was wondering how they look with the male teen figure.
Usually I would presume that they work ok but as all the promo’s are using females it made me wonder how much tweaking is required?

So, I tested the poses with Justin last night but didn’t get to do any renders yet because mommy stuff intervened (kids just don’t understand how important 3d is!!!).  But here’s the result:

For Justin and for most other actual-human Genesis figures (as opposed to trolls and stuff), the poses where the body parts don’t touch each other should work fine.  The expressions work fine on a pretty wide range of characters and they work perfectly on Justin. 

Poses where the hands are touching the face or body will require some adjustment with Justin, because he is scaled a bit differently. Same for other Genesis characters - the hands tend to be too far away from the face but in some cases they intersect. Tweakable, but not the one-click you get if you’re using Julie.

Poses where the legs are crossed or they intersect the arms in some way will also require tweaking for characters who are scaled differently from Julie.  Also many of the leg poses are specific to a female physique and won’t look right on a boy even if they fit. These would need to be tweaked a bit to square out the pelvis a little more, I think. 

So, based on all that, I’d say that probably half the poses will fit Justin, with some of them only looking right in the top half (I do have the top halves split out to be used mix-n-match with different bottoms), and all of the expressions will work. 

Oh and the notebook cover and interior are mapped in plain squares in pretty common sizes, so you can slap just about any image on the cover without editing it, and the same for the inside - the UV for each flat section goes edge-to-edge on the texture so you can download any portrait-oriented image from anyplace and use it for a notebook cover.  The pencil is pretty straightforward mapping too, and nowadays pretty much everything I model works with square tiling shaders.  So you can switch the girly notebook to a dudely notebook with just a few steps.

Hope that helps a bit! smile

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 11 January 2013 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3137
Joined  2007-06-22

Thank you very much for that it is extremely helpful.

And kids have no idea of what is important, my son seems to think that being fed is as important if not more so than 3D.

Posted: 13 January 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Here are some quick Justin renders - you can see the gaps between his face & fists, and his elbows and his knees in the one pose.  The other pose works well but maybe isn’t very boyish.

Image Attachments
Justin_Angst_1.jpgJustin_Angst_2.jpgJustin_Angst_3.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

2 of 2