Star Trek Builders Unite 3 “Runtime Amok” 
Posted: 10 April 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1081 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  2004-07-16
dhillhfp - 09 April 2013 09:26 PM
mdbruffy - 08 April 2013 06:59 PM

Paul, sent you a PM over at DA, But I’ll post the same here incase someone else can help, too. Downloaded and installed Luxrender. Bought and installed Reality 3. Reality is supposed to show up at the bottom of Poser 9’s render drop down menu. It’s not. Looking at Poser, there’s no indication Reality 3 even exists. Anyone have any ideas?

Make sure it’s in your Python add-on’s folder.  I originally added it to the top-level Python folder…that didn’t work. :o

Got that part figured out finally. But now there’s a python script issue they’re trying to straighten out.

Posted: 10 April 2013 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1082 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2006-10-07

I just picked up Reality as well but I am running Poser Pro 2012 and everything seems to be working fine, do you know if it is a problem in regards to Poser 9 and Reality?  Once I dropped the reality folder into my python script and installed Lux I was off and running. Ran a couple of text images without an issue and am working on my first image that I will post. Hope you get it all ironed out the images that this setup produces is out of this world!

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 10 April 2013 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1083 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
shadowhawk1 - 10 April 2013 03:05 AM

I just picked up Reality as well but I am running Poser Pro 2012 and everything seems to be working fine, do you know if it is a problem in regards to Poser 9 and Reality?  Once I dropped the reality folder into my python script and installed Lux I was off and running. Ran a couple of text images without an issue and am working on my first image that I will post. Hope you get it all ironed out the images that this setup produces is out of this world!

We’ll find out. They’re supposed to have a new build either today or tomorrow.

Posted: 10 April 2013 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1084 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-07

I guess you are posting on the forums at RDNA for this, I haven’t seen the need since I am not having an issue but I guess I need to stop by to check if there is going to be an update already. Are people with Poser Pro 2012 reporting the same issues that you are?

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 10 April 2013 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1085 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14
shadowhawk1 - 10 April 2013 03:40 AM

I guess you are posting on the forums at RDNA for this, I haven’t seen the need since I am not having an issue but I guess I need to stop by to check if there is going to be an update already. Are people with Poser Pro 2012 reporting the same issues that you are?

Yeah, the update has been released over at RNDA (new version number: 3.0.0.181)  I suspect it will be along shortly to the other selling points.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 10 April 2013 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1086 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2003-10-09

I tried Reality for the first time last night - I’ll have to get the updates. Had Aiko wearing Oshikai’s Retro Skirt dress and one of Ali’s hair sets, and both of those failed to show up in the list of items for the scene, and she rendered naked and hairless. Also, for some reason, she had some sort of ghost that wasn’t quite in the same pose, even though she was the only figure in the scene. Kind of un’real’ grin.

Posted: 10 April 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1087 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-07-12
Ptrope - 10 April 2013 12:32 PM

I tried Reality for the first time last night - I’ll have to get the updates. Had Aiko wearing Oshikai’s Retro Skirt dress and one of Ali’s hair sets, and both of those failed to show up in the list of items for the scene, and she rendered naked and hairless. Also, for some reason, she had some sort of ghost that wasn’t quite in the same pose, even though she was the only figure in the scene. Kind of un’real’ grin.

Check and see if her clothing and hair were set as a null. if a setting is set too low in Poser, it may have sent the conversion setting to Reality and been interpeted as a Null.

the ghosting may have been a light sourse from Poser. Just guessing, if you could post your glitch (draw black bars across the naughty bits of course). I might be able to help. Who cares how bad and grainy it is. Test images I find are best at around 600 - 800 max pixels heigh or width and are just clear enough to decifer in about 10minutes of rendering.

As a guess.  I’d ditch all poser based lights and just go with Mesh lights as per the manual. They give the best look.  I personally set my lights to the presets for 30w lights with a slight tinting to yellow/orange in LuxRender for that Star Trek natural lighting.

-Paul

Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 10 April 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1088 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
PDSmith - 10 April 2013 01:20 PM
Ptrope - 10 April 2013 12:32 PM

Check and see if her clothing and hair were set as a null. if a setting is set too low in Poser, it may have sent the conversion setting to Reality and been interpeted as a Null.

the ghosting may have been a light sourse from Poser. Just guessing, if you could post your glitch (draw black bars across the naughty bits of course). I might be able to help. Who cares how bad and grainy it is. Test images I find are best at around 600 - 800 max pixels heigh or width and are just clear enough to decifer in about 10minutes of rendering.

As a guess.  I’d ditch all poser based lights and just go with Mesh lights as per the manual. They give the best look.  I personally set my lights to the presets for 30w lights with a slight tinting to yellow/orange in LuxRender for that Star Trek natural lighting.

-Paul

Just down loadsed the new files over at RDNA. Haven’t installed them yet,  Has anyone else?

Edit: Looks like I’m heading for a refund. Downloaded and installed the new files and I’m still having problems. I’m going to thry the files on his site. If those don’t work, I’m going for the refund. :-(

Posted: 10 April 2013 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1089 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

I’ve asked for the refund. I’ve downloaded files from RDNA- they didn’t work. I downloaded files from his site- they didn’t work. He tried to tell me that it was something to do with the environment in my system- that some other program was affecting Poser. Yeah. Right. That’s why Poser has always worked fine- till now. :-(

Posted: 10 April 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1090 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-12
mdbruffy - 10 April 2013 02:40 PM

I’ve asked for the refund. I’ve downloaded files from RDNA- they didn’t work. I downloaded files from his site- they didn’t work. He tried to tell me that it was something to do with the environment in my system- that some other program was affecting Poser. Yeah. Right. That’s why Poser has always worked fine- till now. :-(

Sent you a PM.  It may have a solution.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2013 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1091 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2003-12-06

As a followup to my earlier query about lighting in these bridge sets… working in D|S4.5, I just loaded the Bridge Set 6, applied the Defiant-ish extra texture set, tweaked all the surfaces as mentioned upthread, and applied UberAreaLight to the Lights surface.

Didn’t work. All the ambient surfaces (displays, screens, etc) show up in the render, but none of the other surfaces do. I thought I understood UberAreaLight at least well enough to zero in on proper settings after a few tries, but this is puzzling.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 10 April 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1092 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-12

tinkering now with the uber lights.  I’ve never been all that great with the surface light but I’ll give it shot. checking back later with my fail or success.

*** Update:  crank up the the ambient and diffuse settings.  also set samples to 128 other wise the image will be all pixelated.

also to the “Arealight - headlamp blocker”  go to the parameters tab and change the shadow type to raytraced or Deep Shadow Map.

On a side note (back to the surface tab)...shadows are never black (0,0,0,)they are more grey.  DAZ Studio will mix and match the colours for a better looking shadow.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if it doesn’t.

*** update to the update : I raised the samples to 400 and the image is still pixelated. I’m going to have to draw a line in the sand and call it quits here.  None of the tutorials i can find online are that great. sorry.

-Paul

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1093 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2003-12-06

I’ve tried your tips, plus a few other tweaks. This is a bit weird. Since the bridge ceiling is near-black, and I’m looking forward from near the back, the upper part of the render is going to be dark until it hits the should-be-glowing bridge dome light. But all I’m getting is nothing over the whole render, except the ambient-glowy displays. I must be making some kind of noob mistake, I just can’t work out what.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 10 April 2013 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1094 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-12
SpottedKitty - 10 April 2013 08:03 PM

I’ve tried your tips, plus a few other tweaks. This is a bit weird. Since the bridge ceiling is near-black, and I’m looking forward from near the back, the upper part of the render is going to be dark until it hits the should-be-glowing bridge dome light. But all I’m getting is nothing over the whole render, except the ambient-glowy displays. I must be making some kind of noob mistake, I just can’t work out what.

It’s not a noob mistake. It’s primarily why I don’t use the surface as a light source in 3Delight based renders.  In Lux it looks great (it’s all I used the the last novel for all inside shots). But this is one area DAZ has missed the mark.

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2013 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1095 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-07

Paul and I were talking about what one of the Admiral’s would be wearing in the last book, and without giving to much of the story line away, I came up with an idea of changing the color scheme of the suit to better fit an Admiral’s need and desire to stand out and be seen. It also gave me the perfect opportunity to play with Reality 3. After a lot of playing around I was able to get this image, it is far from perfect but the metal is where I wanted it to be but somehow in the process I lost the displacement map and bump map for the stand. I was also unable to get the bump map on the suit to show up but i am still learning and I have to say I wouldn’t have gotten this far without a long distance call from Iraq (US based satellite number) to his house so we could work on it. I would like to hear what you all think of both images and the suit as well as I am thinking of adding it to the package that I still haven’t released yet of other uniforms for the MU. BTW The Reality render is on the left.

Image Attachments
Admiral2a.jpgRender_1.jpg
 Signature 

73 of 100