Joined  2010-10-17
Kyoto Kid - 21 May 2013 08:16 PM

...nice, looks a bit like Lee Marvin.

Now that you mention it ... yeah ... definitely ... grin

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 647 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17

I just got and installed Look At My Hair.  After activating it & Clicking on Create>New ‘Look at my Hair’ object; I get the following screen with none of the button icons showing.  This is on Windows7 63 bit with DAZ Studio installed on my C drive but outside the ‘Program Files” folder.

Solved:  After closing DS & re-opening it; the icons showed up as normal.

Image Attachments
LAMH_screen.png
 Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 26 May 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 648 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Looking forward to the big update.  Waiting patiently!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 05 June 2013 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 649 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3813
Joined  2012-02-06

Here’s the result of the full-body setup I was working on…it’s intended to be Australopithecus fur/body hair for a specific custom character, but could probably be used by a variety of humanoid creatures. It isn’t perfect (certainly not as good as RawArt’s Sasquatch) but I’m pleased with how it turned out. I’ve used a hair count of 200,000-300,000 depending on the camera angle. Some fairly minor postwork on the second image.

If anyone’s interested, I’ll release it as a freebie preset…

Image Attachments
australopithecus1.jpgaustralopithecus2.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 05 June 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 650 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2005-10-18

Yes please.!!!!..

Will it work on the Genesis Daz Gorilla.???

S.K.

Posted: 05 June 2013 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 651 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  0

awesome, I would love to use it!

Posted: 05 June 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 652 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Scott-Livingston - 05 June 2013 09:31 AM

Here’s the result of the full-body setup I was working on…it’s intended to be Australopithecus fur/body hair for a specific custom character, but could probably be used by a variety of humanoid creatures. It isn’t perfect (certainly not as good as RawArt’s Sasquatch) but I’m pleased with how it turned out. I’ve used a hair count of 200,000-300,000 depending on the camera angle. Some fairly minor postwork on the second image.

Is this a Genesis preset?  Or is it for a certain figure in the store?

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 653 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8351
Joined  2009-05-14

Kendall http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/23100/P90/#343651 for Genesis using V4 uvmapping

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 654 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Szark - 05 June 2013 11:12 AM

Kendall http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/23100/P90/#343651 for Genesis using V4 uvmapping

Excellent work.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 655 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
Kendall Sears - 05 June 2013 10:48 AM
Scott-Livingston - 05 June 2013 09:31 AM

Is this a Genesis preset?  Or is it for a certain figure in the store?

Kendall

It’s a Genesis preset. (The morph formula for the character shown can be found here) It should work on any Genesis character, I think…though I’d expect results will vary depending on the character. I don’t have the Genesis Gorilla to test it out, unfortunately.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 05 June 2013 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 656 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17

I’d like to see something like that for the Homo Erectus figures.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 06 June 2013 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 657 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

I’m making a few changes that should make the preset more generally useful. The Australopithecus character is quite small, and when I loaded the hair on a regular-sized Genesis, I noticed some problem areas. It’s looking better now…even tried it on Troll and that looked pretty good.  I’ll finish it up tonight and send it off.

@BWSman: My character actually uses the V4 Homo Erectus skin. Don’t want to make any promises, but I’ll see about creating something similar for the 4th Gen Homo Erectus people. Probably won’t be very soon, though…got a few projects lined up.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 07 June 2013 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 658 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06

Update: running into some technical difficulties (fixed it up, saved to a new file, but the new file won’t load). Still working on it…

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 09 June 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 659 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2005-10-23

Okay. Getting frustrated here. I’m trying to use the free player, version 1.05, on DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18. I want to export a fur preset as an OBJ file using the following procedure:

- Start DAZ Studio 4.6 (64-bit, running on Windows 7 Ultimate with 8 GM RAM)
  - Load the target figure (dog, big cat, etc.)
  - Apply material preset to target product
  - Apply the fur preset to the target figure using the Attach LAMH Preset button
  - Export to an object file using the LAMH to OBJ button (I answer yes to the export prompt)

Some time later, I get prompted to save the .OBJ file. After pressing Save at the prompt, I get the message shown below. After pressing OK, DAZ Studio crashes, every single time!

Is there a problem with the export to OBJ function? If yes, is it fixed with the new LAMH release? If no, then what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Image Attachments
lamh.png

Posted: 09 June 2013 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 660 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1353
Joined  2009-10-27
atozed - 09 June 2013 03:16 PM

Okay. Getting frustrated here. I’m trying to use the free player, version 1.05, on DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18. I want to export a fur preset as an OBJ file using the following procedure:

- Start DAZ Studio 4.6 (64-bit, running on Windows 7 Ultimate with 8 GM RAM)
  - Load the target figure (dog, big cat, etc.)
  - Apply material preset to target product
  - Apply the fur preset to the target figure using the Attach LAMH Preset button
  - Export to an object file using the LAMH to OBJ button (I answer yes to the export prompt)

Some time later, I get prompted to save the .OBJ file. After pressing Save at the prompt, I get the message shown below. After pressing OK, DAZ Studio crashes, every single time!

Is there a problem with the export to OBJ function? If yes, is it fixed with the new LAMH release? If no, then what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Hi, please check that the folder: C:/Users/shadowfax/Dcouments/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry actually exists.
If it doesn’t, please create it manually. Also, you didn’t mention how many hairs you tried to export and your computer specs: if you are on a 32bit system and you try to export to OBJ a large amount of hair, say more than 200000, that would most likely drain resources and possibly lead to a crash.
We have optimized several routines on the upcoming 1.06 version (should be out in the next days as DAZ put it in the store) and we also fixed the missing ‘geometry’ path issue that probably is the reason for your crash.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

44 of 63