38 of 63
Look at my Hair Official Thread
Posted: 26 April 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 556 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1350
Joined  2009-10-27
larsmidnatt - 26 April 2013 09:07 AM

is 1.1 out yet, I saw it referenced in the Sasquatch details. I haven’t used LAMH in a few months been waiting for the update. Not sure if I’m missing something. thanks

Hi, we are currently beta-testing the 1.05 full version (we decided to get that revision number to match current player).
We are aiming to release it very soon, as the testers will be satisfied with it.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 26 April 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 557 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18
Alessandro_AM - 26 April 2013 09:11 AM
larsmidnatt - 26 April 2013 09:07 AM

is 1.1 out yet, I saw it referenced in the Sasquatch details. I haven’t used LAMH in a few months been waiting for the update. Not sure if I’m missing something. thanks

Hi, we are currently beta-testing the 1.05 full version (we decided to get that revision number to match current player).
We are aiming to release it very soon, as the testers will be satisfied with it.

OK thanks. looks like the Sasquatch details got updated a bit but not completely.

The LAMH Presets in the Studio Library only work through the Free Player or beta (v1.1+) version of Look At My Hair

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 26 April 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 558 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2005-10-28

If you bought Look at My Hair, do you need the player?  Thanks.

Alessandro_AM - 26 April 2013 08:13 AM

Hello folks, we are very happy to announce that the enhanced and free 1.05 Look at my Hair Player is now available through the DAZ Store at the following address: http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/look-at-my-hair-free-player

We hope you will enjoy it and note that there are many presets available for free at LAMH library: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

And don’t forget about RawArt’s New LAMH Enhanced figure! ]http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21232/] http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21232/[/url]

Posted: 26 April 2013 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 559 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2005-01-19

I suppose I already don’t need free player if I bought LAMH complete version. I first installed free player because I wanted try first before get complete version. When I bought it, I didn’t uninstall free player, I installed LAMH complete on top (I’m impatient, sorry)  and I didn’t eliminate it because hair made directly from LAMH complete crash on render, so, I needed save the hair and load with free player. But now, with DS4.5 beta, complete and free player crash on render. Is there any advice about uninstall free player with complete installed?

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 26 April 2013 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 560 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2007-11-30
Supercope - 26 April 2013 07:39 PM

Hello folks, we are very happy to announce that the enhanced and free 1.05 Look at my Hair Player is now available through the DAZ Store at the following address: http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/look-at-my-hair-free-player

We hope you will enjoy it and note that there are many presets available for free at LAMH library: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

And don’t forget about RawArt’s New LAMH Enhanced figure! ]http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21232/] http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21232/[/url]

If you’ve already bought the LAMH-plugin, then no - you don’t need the free player. The status of the plugin you’ve bought is that soon the development team will release version 1.05 (as stated by Kendall and Alessandro earlier in this very thread). But as it is, you can use the current version, and create your very own hair-styles and render pretty pictures. Or download presets and use them in your own projects.

Posted: 27 April 2013 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 561 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with the new LAMH Player?

I load Genesis. Load a preset - Female Parted Hair by Alessandro. Load V5 and a pose to Genesis. Hit render. Render errors out every time.
Am I missing something?

Image Attachments
LAMH.jpg
 Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 27 April 2013 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 562 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
Supercope - 26 April 2013 07:39 PM

If you have the full, you don’t need the player.  There are a couple of new features in the player that are coming in the 1.05 full, such as .duf preset loading and the Human Hair Shader.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 27 April 2013 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 563 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4814
Joined  2011-10-04
Haruchai - 27 April 2013 04:43 AM

I load Genesis. Load a preset - Female Parted Hair by Alessandro. Load V5 and a pose to Genesis. Hit render. Render errors out every time.
Am I missing something?

There’s an error log for LAMH, it is usually at “\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM”, logFile.txt or so (search if you can’t find it otherwise). Can you check out what it contains?

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 April 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 564 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Haruchai - 27 April 2013 04:43 AM

Am I missing something?

If you are using an Intel Graphics Chipset you need to update the drivers to the latest version.  If not, please send me the logfile.txt file from the Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairam folder in email to krsears (at) trdc.biz

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 565 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05

Skiriki and Kendall Sears, thank you for your kind offers of assistance,

Unfortunately I have fallen at the first hurdle. I am unable to locate a log file for the plugin. Below is a search of my entire C drive looking for it and as you can see the only ‘hit’ was for the plugin folder. I also searched for ‘logfile’ with no success.

NVidia Graphics chip with regularly updated drivers.

Do the preset files have to be in specific folder? I have created a ‘Look At My Hair Presets’ folder within ‘My Library’, could that be causing an issue?

Image Attachments
LAMH2.jpg
 Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 566 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4814
Joined  2011-10-04

Can you search for logfile.txt ?

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 567 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Haruchai - 27 April 2013 07:07 AM

Unfortunately I have fallen at the first hurdle. I am unable to locate a log file for the plugin. Below is a search of my entire C drive looking for it and as you can see the only ‘hit’ was for the plugin folder. I also searched for ‘logfile’ with no success.

Do the preset files have to be in specific folder? I have created a ‘Look At My Hair Presets’ folder within ‘My Library’, could that be causing an issue?

This is probably the source of your problem.  Create the following folders:

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/Maps

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/Presets

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry

The “maps” folder is the main necessary one as that is where the density maps and such are stored for rendering.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 568 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15775
Joined  2003-10-09
Kendall Sears - 27 April 2013 07:33 AM

The “maps” folder is the main necessary one as that is where the density maps and such are stored for rendering.

Kendall

Is the update going to remove the need for those hard-coded folders? I really prefer to keep My Documents for my documents, as far as possible.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 April 2013 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 569 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Richard Haseltine - 27 April 2013 07:48 AM
Kendall Sears - 27 April 2013 07:33 AM

Kendall

Is the update going to remove the need for those hard-coded folders? I really prefer to keep My Documents for my documents, as far as possible.

The lookatmyhairAM folder follows the DAZ default “Studio” folder location.  Wherever it is, the lookatmyhairAM folder will follow.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2013 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 570 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-05-17

I’m getting the same hair errors, tried putting the folders in as suggested and still not able to get it to render properly, any other suggestion?
I am not getting the small error box though, it just renders the pic with skimpy hair.

38 of 63