Digital Art Zone

34 of 54
Look at my Hair Official Thread
Posted: 16 March 2013 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4061
Joined  2011-11-25

I have a question about LAMH free player. I have downloaded and installed it, and have used and applied a preset for Millenium cat based on the free one on the site. How do I apply it so that the color of the fur applies to the preset? I can get the cat hairy, but it appears white, instead of the color of the fur that comes with the texture set for the cat.

Posted: 16 March 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

awesome!!!!!  So very kind of you 3Ddreamer!!  Now i gotta get the meerkat, because that’s so freaking adorable. :D

Posted: 16 March 2013 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
SereneNight - 16 March 2013 01:36 PM

I have a question about LAMH free player. I have downloaded and installed it, and have used and applied a preset for Millenium cat based on the free one on the site. How do I apply it so that the color of the fur applies to the preset? I can get the cat hairy, but it appears white, instead of the color of the fur that comes with the texture set for the cat.

Couple questions, when you load the hair preset, is the cat already textured? is the hair renderman or obj?  Did you do a spot render?

Posted: 16 March 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

I downloaded the player and installed to the plugins folder.  Do the presets need to go to a specific folder too?

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 16 March 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
BWSman - 16 March 2013 03:14 PM

I downloaded the player and installed to the plugins folder.  Do the presets need to go to a specific folder too?

By default i think they go in Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM\presets

Posted: 16 March 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 501 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25
belovedalia - 16 March 2013 03:00 PM

Couple questions, when you load the hair preset, is the cat already textured? is the hair renderman or obj?  Did you do a spot render?

Hi: thanks for responding. I’m using Daz 4.5. I’ve tried it with the cat having no texture and without. In one case, using a brown hair, the hair is brown. Most other times the hair is white. I’m not sure why it turned brown in hat one case, or what I did differently that time.. I can’t figure out how to color the hair anything but white.

I downloaded the hair preset the preset library. It says it is DAZ Mil Cat - short fur.lmh I can’t tell the answer as to whether it is an obj or not.
When it renders it lt renders furry but more like a soft white down over the cat. It is an improvement over the flat fur, but it would look better with the color matching the cat markings. I know I’m doing something wrong, however, not sure what.

I hope I installed all the LAMH player files correctly.

Thanks.

Posted: 16 March 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 502 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2005-09-30

I have the exact same problem.

Posted: 16 March 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 503 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
SereneNight - 16 March 2013 04:29 PM
belovedalia - 16 March 2013 03:00 PM

Hi: thanks for responding. I’m using Daz 4.5. I’ve tried it with the cat having no texture and without. In one case, using a brown hair, the hair is brown. Most other times the hair is white. I’m not sure why it turned brown in hat one case, or what I did differently that time.. I can’t figure out how to color the hair anything but white.

I downloaded the hair preset the preset library. It says it is DAZ Mil Cat - short fur.lmh I can’t tell the answer as to whether it is an obj or not.
When it renders it lt renders furry but more like a soft white down over the cat. It is an improvement over the flat fur, but it would look better with the color matching the cat markings. I know I’m doing something wrong, however, not sure what.

I hope I installed all the LAMH player files correctly.

Thanks.

I’m slightly confused by your answer. You load the cat, apply a texture, and then apply the fur preset, correct?

click on the LAMH group in your scene tab, and open it, to select all the hair groups, then go to surface, in the diffuse there should be a texture. please check it and tell me the texture path.

Posted: 16 March 2013 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 504 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1824
Joined  2006-02-17

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in replying.  We had to go get Alexa’s Prom Dress…

For LAMH Player:  Load the figure, apply whatever textures you want onto the figure.  Then apply the preset.  The preset will then take on the properties of the texture.

Different presets come with different default hair settings depending on the person who created it.  Load the LAMH Player window (Windows->Panes->Look at my Hair)  You’ll see a place where you can increase, or decrease, the number of hairs that will be produced for the preset (Hair Quantity).  You can set this for each ShaveGroup.

Also on the tab is a place to change the hair colors, this will override the texture.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 16 March 2013 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 505 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
belovedalia - 16 March 2013 03:22 PM

I don’t have any of my content in my Documents folder.  My copies of DS aren’t even on my C: Drive.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 16 March 2013 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 506 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1824
Joined  2006-02-17
BWSman - 16 March 2013 06:15 PM
belovedalia - 16 March 2013 03:22 PM

I don’t have any of my content in my Documents folder.  My copies of DS aren’t even on my C: Drive.

The presets can live anywhere you want them.  LAMH will look in /Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM first, followed by /Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio, then it’ll just pop up a dialog.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 16 March 2013 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 507 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Right I just said the default. My DS is installed in programs, but my content is on my D drive, my C drive is just too small to handle that much content! smile

Posted: 16 March 2013 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 508 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4408
Joined  2004-08-11

Any word on the update and when it’s going to hit?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 16 March 2013 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 509 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

okay, figured it out now! Thanks Kendall and Beloveddalia. It appears to me, for whatever reason the texture of the cat fur that the cat is shaded with is not going to the roots and tip of the hair most of the time- although occasionally it does apply (the brown cat) I can’t explain why this is happening, however, if I manually apply it the cat fur by selecting it, and applying it to the roots of the figure the coloration works. Can’t explain why it doesn’t apply, but it does work now that I can manually select it, so thanks. =-)

Posted: 18 March 2013 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 510 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Glad you got it figured out, though I don’t know why that’s happening. When you export are you exporting renderman or object?

I have a hair I started a while back and the China styled dress just released for A5 made me go back and finish it.  Fantasy asia hair… Even made props for it. :D

34 of 54