3 of 61
Look at my Hair Official Thread
Posted: 11 January 2013 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21
belovedalia - 11 January 2013 12:54 AM
Cymbidium - 10 January 2013 08:36 AM

You’re so very welcome!!  Aren’t they adorable at that age - I remember well when my two boys were little and oh so cute! They’re grown men now…..smile......no longer cute, but still nice to have around (most of the time, lol).  Maybe you could get him a toy cat instead of a real one?  wink

Oh he does have a toy cat, that sings raspberry It runs around on wheels… only one of the wheels broke recently so cat is no more.  He loved that cat tho, its what got him walking :D He’d hug it and pet it. hehehe.  Er I suppose i would be correct in saying he no longer has a pet cat.  I should see what there is now for a 2 year old.

That explains why he so loves cat images! smile  My eldest son used to zoom around the house on a toy ‘police car’ long before he could walk and has had a lifelong interest in cars - well both of them have in fact.  Hope you manage to find a suitable cat ‘pet’ for him.

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 11 January 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2003-11-11

Thanks.  It doesn’t matter if I send a Genesis figure or just a simple cube, the OSD won’t appear in the comb function.  Weird huh?

Posted: 11 January 2013 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18
belovedalia - 10 January 2013 03:27 AM

Also, to other folks…

I am making some anime styled hair presets, and when when i change the head shape of genesis very much (as with Aiko or hitomi or mavka) it messes up the styling.  Currently I was working with 50% Hitomi, 50% Satsuki but I could probably change it.

Keepin the shape relatively simple what base anime genesis shape would you prefer?

I’m still struggling getting a convincing anime look myself. I’m fine with a 50% hitomi, 50% satsuki mix. Can’t wait to pick apart your preset to see what I haven’t been able to figure out.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 11 January 2013 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

Should be up soon smile  Clump tool, and smooth, it’s your friend :D

Posted: 11 January 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

thx for sharing.

I did a lot of clumping I assure you. And smooth too. The guides looked close to what I wanted and even the preview in LAMH wasn’t to bad. But when it got to studio it was yuck. I tried several export options and it just never worked out.

If it wasn’t the fact the character I’m working on really needs a stylized hair style I wouldn’t keep trying. Mundane real world looks really aren’t going to work for her and she needs extra long hair and I only have one long hair anime hairstyle in my runtime and I used it recently so I can’t re-use just yet.

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

BTW, is there a way to bulk update shave groups? Like I changed my hair color and hair thickness but I’ve been going into all 8 shave groups to manually update them.

WHen you split a shave group up, it would be nice if the newly generated shave group copied over the settings from the original. This would be a time saver.

Also would be nice if the cursor provided some feedback as to whether you are currently mousing over a hair guide or not. Sometimes especially with smaller brushes I think I am over hair and turns out I’m not so I end up rotating the figure.

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

larsmidnatt, those are some good ideas…. especially the ability to specific group settings en masse! Or set a default for them.

What do you think of this hairstyle?

Image Attachments
LongHair1.jpgLongHair2.jpg

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1341
Joined  2009-10-27
larsmidnatt - 11 January 2013 03:18 PM

BTW, is there a way to bulk update shave groups? Like I changed my hair color and hair thickness but I’ve been going into all 8 shave groups to manually update them.

WHen you split a shave group up, it would be nice if the newly generated shave group copied over the settings from the original. This would be a time saver.

Also would be nice if the cursor provided some feedback as to whether you are currently mousing over a hair guide or not. Sometimes especially with smaller brushes I think I am over hair and turns out I’m not so I end up rotating the figure.

Good points, I will discuss these with Kendall! Thanks for the feedback…

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2009-05-09

OK, bought LAMH, was loving the ease of the interface, had a great first hair style, but, unfortunately, did not save the first render :(....Then I tried to export as an .obj, and got an error message stating error during export, and Daz froze and crashed. Now, every time I try and render the hair, I get an error message stating there was an error during render, and Daz freezes and crashes. Luckily I saved the hair as a preset, so I keep re-opening Daz and trying again. No luck. Went into LAMH log file, but only the successful export is listed…..see image…..Please advise…..maybe I need to increase the RAM in my laptop…..? Oh, PS, I wasn’t running anything else on the laptop at the time…..

Image Attachments
LAMH_Log_01-11-2013.jpg

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1341
Joined  2009-10-27
StevieC - 11 January 2013 07:27 PM

OK, bought LAMH, was loving the ease of the interface, had a great first hair style, but, unfortunately, did not save the first render :(....Then I tried to export as an .obj, and got an error message stating error during export, and Daz froze and crashed. Now, every time I try and render the hair, I get an error message stating there was an error during render, and Daz freezes and crashes. Luckily I saved the hair as a preset, so I keep re-opening Daz and trying again. No luck. Went into LAMH log file, but only the successful export is listed…..see image…..Please advise…..maybe I need to increase the RAM in my laptop…..? Oh, PS, I wasn’t running anything else on the laptop at the time…..

Hi Stevie, if you are rendering to RenderMan curves please remember to keep LAMH open during this process (this will be addressed in upcoming 1.1 update).
It the issue occurs exporting and rendering to .OBJ, you should give me more information about your system: is it a 32 or 64bit OS? How much RAM? Are you sure you have at least 20-30GB of free disk space?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 11 January 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-05-09
Alessandro_AM - 11 January 2013 07:32 PM
StevieC - 11 January 2013 07:27 PM

Hi Stevie, if you are rendering to RenderMan curves please remember to keep LAMH open during this process (this will be addressed in upcoming 1.1 update).
It the issue occurs exporting and rendering to .OBJ, you should give me more information about your system: is it a 32 or 64bit OS? How much RAM? Are you sure you have at least 20-30GB of free disk space?

I have 197GB of RAM left on my laptop (out of 584GB), and it’s a 64bit OS…..had major crash problems with Garibaldi as well…..getting set to go out and purchase extra external hard drive to dump a bunch of files in to free up space in my laptop, maybe that will help…..

Posted: 11 January 2013 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  243
Joined  2005-10-16
StevieC - 11 January 2013 08:27 PM

I have 197GB of RAM left on my laptop (out of 584GB), and it’s a 64bit OS…..had major crash problems with Garibaldi as well…..getting set to go out and purchase extra external hard drive to dump a bunch of files in to free up space in my laptop, maybe that will help…..

That is your hard drive space. To find your RAM:
Start button> right click on computer> Properties
or
Start button>left click on computer> look down at the bottom

Signature 

Gone.

Posted: 11 January 2013 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-05-09

Here you go…..

Image Attachments
Computer_Specs.jpg

Posted: 11 January 2013 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  0
belovedalia - 11 January 2013 04:22 PM

larsmidnatt, those are some good ideas…. especially the ability to specific group settings en masse! Or set a default for them.

Nice job - has a real nice anime look to it.  I’m impressed with the different ways people are using this product.

Posted: 12 January 2013 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
belovedalia - 11 January 2013 04:22 PM

Very cool the lines are clean and simple which is great. Good color too smile

Signature 

3 of 61