11 of 55
Look at my Hair Official Thread
Posted: 18 January 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4532
Joined  2004-08-11
larsmidnatt - 18 January 2013 11:51 AM

You can add more sections to the hair by clicking the blue button on the bottom of the plugin. There are two buttons at the bottom and one of them lets you change a few settings including how many sections hair can have.

Ah… thanks.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 January 2013 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1254
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 18 January 2013 11:03 AM
Alessandro_AM - 18 January 2013 05:20 AM
RAMWolff - 17 January 2013 08:15 PM

My little attempt.  Thanks Alex for all the help! 

Bruno morphs and skin by me.

Thanks to you for your patience Richard.
Is this render done in Lux? It looks really cool! smile

Hiya Alex,

No, it’s I that’s been ever so thankful for all your help and your patience with me for all my questions.  I simply can not wait for the update though.  I don’t use Reality.  I used Photoshop for a little bit of filter magic.  I’m a huge Photoshop fan.  Have some pretty nice upscale plugins for it from Alien Skin, Topaz Labs and Flaming Pear.

The one thing I see that would put more of an advantage to getting realistic curly hair as what Stevie wants is, from what I can see when trying to just get the strands to curl slightly, is that there are not many sections per strand.  Perhaps for curly hair there can be a way to simply put a slider there to add more sections to the hair. Might cause longer render times but compared to transmapped hair .... you get the picture…. Some of that hair takes FOREVER to render. 

Dearly looking forward to the shaders.  I read that others here are already importing shaders but I’m not seeing how to do that.  Can you explain how that’s done?  If it’s down at the paint section that means that’s where my suggestion comes in to where it would be nice to have a way to check off all the areas we want the shader to affect without having to select one body section at a time to apply the shader too.

Hi Richard, here is how you can change the shader on a LAMH Renderman Group node.

First image shows a quick render of a furball, as it comes from LAMH. In the Scene Explorer, I choose the RenderMan item (in case you have a figure you can also do a multi-select), and I can apply a shader from the Library: in the 2nd image I applied a uberSurface shader, changed the Diffuse Color from the Surface Panel and rendered.
You may even create a brand new shader or edit an existing one in the Shader Mixer, and apply it to the Renderman surface.
Hope this helps…

Image Attachments
furry_ball.jpgrendered_with_new_shader.jpg
 Signature 

Real Plants Collection 1: Fallen Trees, Ivy and Vines”
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 18 January 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Ah, but this is all taking place in DAZ Studio Surfaces tab and not the plugin itself, correct??

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 January 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 18 January 2013 05:02 PM

Ah, but this is all taking place in DAZ Studio Surfaces tab and not the plugin itself, correct??

Yes, in LAMH you can “only” assign 3 shaders (standard, advanced, ambient occlusion and soon the new human hair), but if you want to get wild and apply other shaders, you can do it directly in the Studio viewport…

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 18 January 2013 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2009-05-09
Alessandro_AM - 18 January 2013 05:28 AM
StevieC - 18 January 2013 04:28 AM

So I’ve got this idea to try and replicate Merida from the Brave movie, but can’t seem to figure out how to twist the hair so that it looks like the curls in the picture below. Anyone have any ideas….?

Hi Stevie, I think what you could try to do, is to setup the project with 25 or maybe also 30 hairpoints (you can access that setting from the blue button on the UI bottom right); after that I’d try to spherize and shape the hair a little, use the curl deformer, and after that apply some clumping to the hair.
That should give you a similar result.

Thank you Alessandro! Shall try that soon!

Posted: 18 January 2013 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

I don’t have any hair shaders that look natural.  SO I messed with the simple one that we have for now and got an acceptable look.  No sheen to the hair but it’s OK…  New style… Male Mod!  raspberry

Image Attachments
MaleMod.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 January 2013 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

You’re a hair-dresser, Richard, so this should be right up your alley! Hmm, maybe you can even previs various styles to your customer, the only limit is the imagination. I watched a program on Discovery or National Geographic and there is a software-program that can previs clothes directly onto a client on a monitor. With just a click of the mouse, they could change everything. The client turns around, and this shows up on the monitor in real-time. Think how cool it would be to previs your clients with different styles of hair, and as they turn their head, it shows in real-time on the monitor.

Posted: 19 January 2013 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

It’s a thought but honestly I have such a vivid imagination and my clients are pretty happy with what I do I found those programs a bit annoying.  Previs = preview?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 January 2013 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
RAMWolff - 18 January 2013 06:22 PM

I don’t have any hair shaders that look natural.  SO I messed with the simple one that we have for now and got an acceptable look.  No sheen to the hair but it’s OK…  New style… Male Mod!  raspberry

The styling it’s really cool! Please hang in there while we complete 1.1 and provide you a more realistic shader. BTW Richard, is this rendered with a UE2? Did you try increasing specular intensity in the shader?

Signature 

Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 19 January 2013 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-30
RAMWolff - 19 January 2013 12:18 AM

It’s a thought but honestly I have such a vivid imagination and my clients are pretty happy with what I do I found those programs a bit annoying.  Previs = preview?

Well, just a thought.

Previs=Pre-visualization.

Posted: 19 January 2013 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hi Alex,

I never use advanced shaders.  I like basic shaders.  All the freebie packs I’ve ever done make use of what’s revealed in the Surfaces tab by default so as not to confuse new users.  So no, this is only basic shader surfaces I used.  I’m sure I could get more out of it if I were using one of the advanced shaders but DAZ has not revealed those by default as of yet (as in load up a figure, go to the Surfaces tab and see all the new options.  They slowly reveal things like tiled surfaces and what not. 

Sorry Norse Graphics, I didn’t under stand your shorthand.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 January 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Bruno wearing Crazy Hawk - Black roots, Red tips and Brick Specular - Polished up in Photoshop to bring out more skin detail.  Hawk is as it appears in the render…

Image Attachments
Bruno-CrazyHawk.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 January 2013 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-30

Rendered in DAZ Studio with one directional light and Uber Environment 2 light-set. Postwork in Photoshop CS4; Blizzard-action applied on top of picture. Used only the basic long-fur in LAMH, maybe a little shortened. Exported at 750.000 to DS 4.5 Pro as Renderman splines. Time used on the original 2560x2048 picture; 1 hour and 40 minutes. Time saved by using LAMH; 8-9 hours easily…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8397305634/in/photostream

Image Attachments
8397305634_d6f935fb37_c.jpg

Posted: 20 January 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2009-08-17

Hmmmm…Now that I have this plug in, I’ve always wanted to do a wet-skinned render of one of my characters, but could never find good wet hair; any tips for how to go about this on LAMH? http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/selene-hair/61616 ~ This’ll be the exact hair I’m attempting to wettify (xD) if that helps any at all! Don’t know if it makes a difference though, all wet hair’s dark, clumpy and shiny, right?

Posted: 20 January 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

You would need a really good shader to add the sort of sheen you would need to make it look wet.  I think Alex is working on shaders.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

11 of 55