Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
Couple of great New FENRIC Carrara Plug ins
Posted: 10 January 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2009-03-09

OK, couple things:  I’m not mad at the moderators - I respect their right to their interpretation of the rules.

I didn’t leave because they closed my contest thread.  I left because I’m tired of the things that DAZ keeps doing, of which there have been just too many - the last straw is not the same as the base cause.

Downloads: My bandwidth is limited, so I’d rather everyone not download the files twice.  I’ll try to make the download links more obvious, and I’ll put a note in the key ZIP.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric
http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Posted: 15 January 2013 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2007-12-02

Just a headsup

Fenric has two new plugins

Two new plugins are ready for your enjoyment!

The Poser Shader Doctor is a 1-click fixup solution to a number of common annoyances when Poser content is imported into Carrara.

The Object Sequence Exporter is a follow-on to the MDD File exporter. Just like MDD, it will bake your animation into an external format. But where MDD is stored as a sequence of morphs, this will export fully independent sequenced object files!

So that first one is going to be a God send, you know when you spend an eaon changing the shader room highlights on imported poser scenes to zero….. not any more if I understand right wink

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  397
Joined  2007-07-28

I bought the Poser Shader Doctor this afternoon——it’s the best tool for Carrara I have ever bought!  There is some Poser content that I wouldn’t even try in Carrara because there were so many shaders to update (even after consolidation), but now…it really is one-click. 

Now, if you could come up with someway to fix the displacement with one-click—that would really rock!

Thanks, Fenric!

Signature 

My You Tube Videos
My Gallery

Each player rolls one die
The player with the highest number goes first
Play continues clock-wise

~Milton Bradley

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2121
Joined  2008-01-28

yes I;ve bought four of the six, it’s a great idea to split them up into individual plugins Fenric and thanks for that stuff on carrara cafe telling us what the future holds smile

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 17 January 2013 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2008-07-18

Hey Fenric - I love your plugins and will doubtless get these new ones shortly.  Did have a question, though.  On your new Poser Shader Doctor, you mention that the highlight automatically gets set to 15% and you go through a few other automatic settings.

Is there any way (maybe as a product update if the change wouldn’t be hard to implement) that we could plug in our own desired values?  (maybe all of the ‘default values’ that you’ve used could be the default, but there could be a dialogue box where we could override the settings and put in our own numerical values - this would still give us a one click method to fix poser/daz content in carrara, but also the flexibility to adjust highlights and bumps to our own taste.

Thanks for any info.

Posted: 17 January 2013 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2009-03-09
Mosk the Scribe - 17 January 2013 11:36 AM

Hey Fenric - I love your plugins and will doubtless get these new ones shortly.  Did have a question, though.  On your new Poser Shader Doctor, you mention that the highlight automatically gets set to 15% and you go through a few other automatic settings.

Is there any way (maybe as a product update if the change wouldn’t be hard to implement) that we could plug in our own desired values?  (maybe all of the ‘default values’ that you’ve used could be the default, but there could be a dialogue box where we could override the settings and put in our own numerical values - this would still give us a one click method to fix poser/daz content in carrara, but also the flexibility to adjust highlights and bumps to our own taste.

Thanks for any info.

Sure, that’s not a problem: I’ll put that on the list for the next update.  Updates are always free.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric

Posted: 17 January 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2121
Joined  2008-01-28

Thanks for any info.

great idea - for most of my shaders I dump the highlight all together

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 17 January 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2005-03-08
Fenric - 17 January 2013 01:45 PM

Thanks for any info.

Sure, that’s not a problem: I’ll put that on the list for the next update.  Updates are always free.

yes, this would make it handy dandy for sure.. cool smile

Signature 

“I am,... Therefore I think”

Posted: 21 January 2013 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-04-06
head wax - 08 January 2013 08:55 PM

Looks like some handy stuff. The keyboard selection plug in looks like a gem.
Thanks Fenric.
Can’t wait to get home and have a play!

Fenric is a genious…

The Object Sequence Exporter and the Poser Shader Doctor will save me so much time I cannot express my thanks.

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-04-06
Philemo - 21 January 2013 04:41 AM
head wax - 08 January 2013 08:55 PM

Looks like some handy stuff. The keyboard selection plug in looks like a gem.
Thanks Fenric.
Can’t wait to get home and have a play!

Fenric is a genious…

The Object Sequence Exporter and the Poser Shader Doctor will save me so much time I cannot express my thanks.

Just too bad. The Poser Shader Doctor hasmy Carrara 7 pro crash…

Posted: 21 January 2013 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-02-19

The plugins look really helpful, and I haven’t bought any before. Is there any possibility of a package of all of them for Carrara, rather than buying them individually?

Posted: 21 January 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  414
Joined  2008-08-29

There’s certainly nothing that stops fenric from doing bundles, but one point of selling them separately is that it allows someone to buy just what they want. I’d suggest at least having at least an “all of them” bundle, though one difficulty with that is what happens when he releases a new plugin?

Digital Carvers Guild has some logical groupings but when I asked he created a custom bundle consisting of just the items I wanted. I’d suggest a similar approach to Fenric though I don’t know if there’s any headache on his part in doing so.

Signature 

Swamp Living Never Felt So Good

Posted: 21 January 2013 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-02-19

Having been a developer myself in the apst I’m reluctant to take time away from other tasks for personal sales. If DAZ has a sale for him and I’ll get it all then.

Posted: 21 January 2013 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  414
Joined  2008-08-29

well… you might want to read more of the thread, then, because as I understand it Fenric wasn’t happy with how Daz works (for example, the difficulty in getting updates) and is withdrawing his products from the Daz store.

I don’t believe any of the excellent digital carvers guild products are sold through Daz and not all of Inagoni’s are. There is a bundle of *most* of the Inagoni products, but architools is separate and shaper isn’t sold through Daz.

Obviously, I can’t speak for Fenric—but it wasn’t a burden to DCG and Fenric has been very helpful. Before writing him off I’d suggest sending him a PM.

Signature 

Swamp Living Never Felt So Good

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8064
Joined  2009-07-13

alas the plugin I desired the most is not working in C8,1 or the C8,5 Beta
namely the multi shader editor to fix that pesky highlight, or I am doing it wrong
is not highlightable or selectable

Image Attachments
mse.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

3 of 5