1 of 5
Couple of great New FENRIC Carrara Plug ins
Posted: 08 January 2013 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2210
Joined  2008-01-28

http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Looks like some handy stuff. The keyboard selection plug in looks like a gem.
Thanks Fenric.
Can’t wait to get home and have a play!

ps did you have a contest thread here?
it seems to have been censored?

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1639
Joined  0
head wax - 08 January 2013 08:55 PM

SERIOUSLY??? mad
This place…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2009-03-09

http://carraracafe.com

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
holly wetcircuit - 08 January 2013 09:09 PM
head wax - 08 January 2013 08:55 PM

SERIOUSLY??? mad
This place…

well from what I can see the whole thread vanished.

If that’s the case then Daz moderator’s really need to stop acting in a petty manner.
If Fenric stepped on their toes by having two threads then they should have the grace to leave the second thread there, locked, with an explanation.

Most of us spend money here. We are their customers.

It’s stupid to treat their customers like a captive audience that will happily be censored.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

well the plugins are wonderful thanks Fenric.

what a gem you are

now all we need is that one that chnages one parameter over a range of shaders

BTW
http://carraracafe.com/?page_id=2022/plugins/yes-ive-withdrawn-my-products#p546

very sad

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2007-08-14

Did they outright remove the contest thread, or did they move it to the commercial products forum? I really don’t understand why they would do the former. Then again there’s been quite a few questionable goings-on at DAZ lately.

Anyway, I hope Fenric’s decision is good for him and his customers. There is some room for improvement in the store though, e.g. some products not showing up under appropriate categories (the keyboard thingie), and some product pages don’t adequately describe products. There is no description for the keyboard-selection-thingamajig for example.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 09 January 2013 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
araneldon - 09 January 2013 06:39 AM

Might want to fix the store though; there are currently some issues, like products not showing up under appropriate categories (the keyboard thingie), and some product pages don’t adequately describe products. I have no idea what the keyboard-selection-thingamajig actually does.

It literally launched yesterday… The keyboard selector is (I think) a way to select the next or previous item in the instances tab. Currently you have to click the items with the mouse….

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-14

I’m pretty sure that I’ve browsed the store before a few weeks ago, not sure though. Anyway, I changed the wording in my previous post to something a bit more gentle.

Signature 

My old profile

Posted: 09 January 2013 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2011-11-01

I could have used the keyboard thingy yesterday, had to go through a bunch of objects and edit the shaders.
Hated all the mouse clicks.
Fenric if you are tweeking keyboard settings, there is one I would really love.
All my other audio and video programs use spacebar for play and stop. After months of using Carrara I still sometimes
hit spacebar to play animation. Is it possible to add that feature. Would be nice when editing animation.
I don’t know about anybody else but I would definitely buy that feature.
Just askin
Thanks

Posted: 09 January 2013 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
araneldon - 09 January 2013 08:22 AM

I’m pretty sure that I’ve browsed the store before a few weeks ago, not sure though. Anyway, I changed the wording in my previous post to something a bit more gentle.

Ahh, well I only went yesterday twice and things were changing between the two times I visited, lol, so I assumed it was getting bigger every minute… Agree there need to be some category cleaning and link checking, but my own website is a bit of a shambles these days….

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2009-03-09

Did they outright remove the contest thread, or did they move it to the commercial products forum? I really don’t understand why they would do the former. Then again there’s been quite a few questionable goings-on at DAZ lately.

Anyway, I hope Fenric’s decision is good for him and his customers. There is some room for improvement in the store though, e.g. some products not showing up under appropriate categories (the keyboard thingie), and some product pages don’t adequately describe products. There is no description for the keyboard-selection-thingamajig for example.

The contest thread was deleted entirely.

My apologies.  The Selection Changer went live before the page was quite finished… I was getting rather annoyed at that point.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-08-14

No need for apologies, just offering some constructive feedback smile

Signature 

My old profile

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17125
Joined  2003-10-09
Fenric - 09 January 2013 09:46 AM

The contest thread was deleted entirely.

My apologies.  The Selection Changer went live before the page was quite finished… I was getting rather annoyed at that point.

The problem is the Commercial rules.  Anything that is Commercial and sold off site can only be linked to in the Commercial Products forum, whether it is part of a Contest or simply an advert for it. As there was already a thread in the Commercial Products forum, the 2nd thread in this forum was removed, as Vendors can only have one Commercial thread on a product.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
chohole - 09 January 2013 10:41 AM

The problem is the Commercial rules.  Anything that is Commercial and sold off site can only be linked to in the Commercial Products forum, whether it is part of a Contest or simply an advert for it. As there was already a thread in the Commercial Products forum, the 2nd thread in this forum was removed, as Vendors can only have one Commercial thread on a product.

In the recent past this was worked out with DAZ with the Carrara users and Bryce users getting a pass because we mostly don’t bother with the commercial forum since it is 99.98% Poser products. Any commercial products oriented to OUR SOFTWARE is lost within a day, and therefore of NO USE WHATSOEVER to the Carrara or Bruce communities.

It is unfortunate that you do not remember this, as it is a HUGE DETRIMENT and bone of contention within this community against DAZ. DAZ made the announcement that we would be allowed to post products that are specifically for our software in the relevent software forums—especially since the products in question are not “general” commercial items.

If I knew how to search the old forums I would find the announcement for you.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Here is the original petition thread:
http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=151667

and within is a quote from DAZ_KEVIN

In addition to offering the ability to mirror commercial posts to Latest News and Announcements for DAZ PA’s, we want to offer another option to help DAZ PA Commercial threads stand out.

We are going to allow DAZ PA’s to Post commercial threads in the Carrara or Bryce Forums if the product is Bryce or Carrara specific. You are not required to, you can still post your commercial thread in the Commons instead, but some have noted that Byce and Carrara users have had trouble finding new Bryce or Carrara product announcements in the Commons.

We are trying this change until the end of this year. At that time we will evaluate how it seems to be going….

I have no idea if DAZ_Kevin is still working here, or if ANYONE still works here. We are holding our breath every month that someone will post another temporary serial number for the beta we’ve been ready to PAY for for a year and a half… SO AWESOME that rules can be followed swiftly by forum mods but there is no one really behind the wheel at DAZ right now… I mean seriously!

It seems Fenric (who is obviously a DAZ PA) was trying to comply by putting a “real” thread in the commercial forum, and a ghost thread here in the Carrara forum.

Since rules are applied arbitrarily here and information is deleted willy-nilly without reason or cause and we have no official Carrara representative at DAZ as far as we can tell since OCTOBER, do we REALLY CARE about your stupid commercial forum rules when they only seem to be here to drain our community of valid information?

This is either a CONSPIRACY OF DUNCES or deliberate SABOTAGE.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I’m sorry Chohole… I don’t mean to lash out at you… I know you are not in charge of DAZ policy… downer

Signature 

1 of 5